CHAPTER 3

Can We Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two years passed by and Byul did not contact Yong and Yong did not contact him as well. Only Yong’s parents keep in touch which Byul but it’s just a phone call. The Kim’s rarely visited Byul as they are getting busy with their business which make Byul relieved as he wanted to avoid Yong. Byul spend most of his time with halmeoni and Minhyuk as well as his love for basketball. On the other hand, Yong spend most her time studying to achieve her dreams which is to enter Seoul University and she also spend most of her time in the elite club member. That’s where she found Jung Wheein, the one that help Yong heal her heart with her clumsiness and Wheein was two years younger than her. The two became best buddy and shared their problems with each other.

 

“Next week we going for a family holiday”, Mr Kim said in sudden during dinner.

“Why?”, Yong asked.

“It’s been a long time we didn’t go holiday as a family. Appa, apologise for neglecting you two”, Mr Kim smiled at her two beautiful daughter.

“Only us?”, Yong Hee interrupted.

“Of course. We are family of four”, Yong sarcastically said.

“Byul will be joining us too”, Mrs Kim added with a smile on her face.

“WHY?”, Yong shouted.

“He’s part of our family”, Mr Kim said which make Yong quiet.

“Let’s eat alright”, Mrs Kim tried to shift the attention.

“Nervous meeting up with him?”, Yong Hee whispered to Yong.

“Shut up”, Yong stood up and went to her room.

“I guess they hate each other now”, Mr Kim giggled.

“It might be Yong was upset Byul didn’t visit us regularly”, Mrs Kim added.

 

Byul received a text message from Mr Kim about him visiting Byul tomorrow and he wanted Byul to join his family vacation. Byul can’t even reject the invitation as halmeoni gave the approval to Mr Kim. Byul packed his stuff and some clothes for that 4 days 3 nights trip.

Yong was half nervous and curious about meeting Byul after two years of not contacting him. Of course she was still mad at Byul as Byul ignored him and deactivated all of his social media account which make Yong facing some difficulty stalking Byul.

 

“I wonder if she had a girlfriend now but he’s kinda plump who want him right?”, Yong thought while helping his appa putting their stuff in the car.

“Are you excited?”, Yong Hee asked Yong when Yong was lost in her thoughts.

“For what I feel excited to meet him”, Yong scolded her sister.

“I didn’t even mention Byul. I was talking about our vacation”, Yong Hee teased his younger siser while make the younger girl blushed.

“Don’t fight guys”, Mrs Kim giggled.

Throughout the journey to Bucheon, her old hometown, Yong was excited and nervous to meet Byul. Lots of thoughts came to her mind on how to greet Byul whether she need to show a smile or not or she need to ignore Byul. She wore her best outfit, a simple light blue shirt and a black mini skirt which make her sister about dressing up to well for her first meeting with her future husband.

 

Byul wore a simple outfit, a white t shirt and a oversized jacket with ripped jeans. He was nervous waiting for the Kim’s family to pick him up.


“Halmeoni, are you going to be okay without me?”, Byul asked.

“Of course I’m going to be okay”, the old woman laughed.

“Don’t worry about me, Byul. Have fun.”, the old woman added.

“Byul, we are here”, Mr Kim greeted them from the front door.

“Take care Halmeoni”, Byul hugged the old woman.

“How are you doing now?”, Mr Kim helped Byul with his small luggage.

“I’m having break for a moment from basketball”, Byul said.

“Why?’,Mr Kim asked.

“Because it’s holiday season”, Byul laughed.

“Nice to meet you guys”, Byul greeted the other three Kim’s.

“It’s been a long time Byul. You grew taller than me”, Yong Hee hugged Byul which make Byul surprised with the sudden action but Byul was pleased to meet her fav noona after two years.

‘You look prettier now”, Byul giggled which make Yong Hee happy.

Byul shift his attention to Yong who was standing near the car. Byul was nervous but he chose to smile at Yong but to his surprised Yong entered the car without replying to his smile which make him a little bit disappointed.

Yong was surprised to meet Byul after two years Byul went missing from her. Byul was not the kid that she used to know, a plump and chubby kid. He turn into a mature boy and slimmer which make Yong surprised. The warm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter