Chapter 4

Silver Linings

It’s been a week since Hyukjae had started babysitting for Donghae, it was easy and really fun; Hyukjae never felt like it was job especially since Eunhye is the biggest sweetheart. He was now at the mart with Eunhye secured on a baby carrier against his chest, he began buying veggies, meat, snacks, drinks and Eunhye’s milk, diapers and shampoo bars.

After picking up the stuff they needed he went to the cashier to pay for everything. He took out a credit card given by Donghae for groceries and things they needed at home. The man had told him that he’ll pick them up at the café just beside this mart because he too had to run some errands. Hyukjae diligently double-checked the groceries as Eunhye played with the buttons of his shirt.

“Your daughter is really pretty.” An elderly behind him commented with a soft smile. Hyukjae smiled, not feeling the need to correct the woman, “Thank you.” Hyukjae said with a smile.

“I bet you wife is lucky to have you as a husband.” She commented again. The younger chuckled, he was about to retort when he saw Donghae entering the mart, his hair pulled back into a half ponytail, his eyes scanned the area and he smiled when his eyes landed on them.

The elder saw this and chuckled, “Omo, I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” She said with a small smile.

Hyukjae blushed, “Oh no it’s not-“

Donghae beamed at him when he finally got near them, “Glad I caught you on time. Are you done?” he asked softly, his hand landing gently on the small of Hyukjae’s back. The younger could only blink. One thing he has learned about Donghae, once he is comfortable with you, he’s the clingiest person in the entire world.

“Y-Yeah, we’re just finishing up. Do you want to take Eunhye?” He asked the older. Donghae smile and nodded, helping Hyukjae out of the carrier.

“You two are so cute together.” The woman commented once again, her smile reaching her eyes. Hyukjae’s eyes widened as he looked at Donghae who just chuckled as he strapped on the carried on to him with ease. “Thank you, Halmeoni.” He only commented with a bright smile. The Halmeoni only nodded with a gentle smile.

They finished paying for the groceries as Hyukjae carried them to Donghae’s car. “Shall we go get some drive thru?” Donghae asked, Hyukjae only hummed as he took Eunhye from Donghae, strapping her on to her car seat. “I’m craving for some burgers.” Hyukjae said softly, forgetting that Donghae was actually his boss.

“Mm, burgers it is then.” Donghae agreed as he opened the car door for Hyukjae. The younger blushing at the act. What the , Lee Donghae? He screamed inside his head.

“My hyungs are coming over for dinner later, would it be okay if I asked you to cook?” Donghae asked nervously. Hyukjae chuckled as he buckled in, “Of course, Donghae. You’re my boss, you can order me around if you want to.” He said nonchalantly as he pulled out his phone from his pocket.

Donghae just chuckled and drove off to the nearest drive-thru, which happens to be Mcdonald’s. He ordered them some foods and drove back home to his apartment with Hyukjae complaining about how his soda was not cold even with ice in it in the background.

He parked in his space as Hyukjae grumbled a bit more before picking up all their discarded wrappers and cups and placing them inside a big plastic bag. He got out of the car and threw the bag of trash at the nearby trashcan before going back to the car and sanitizing his hands before taking Eunhye out of her car seat, the baby jumping and cackling in glee as she was freed from the contraption.

Hyukjae chuckled, “You didn’t like the car seat, Eunhye-ah?” Hyukjae cooed at the bouncing baby. Eunhye just giggled and buried her nose on Hyukjae’s neck, wrapping her short arms around his neck. Donghae smiled at the scene, “Let’s go?” He asked softly, guiding Hyukjae inside the building.

One they were inside the unit, Hyukjae went straight to the nursery and began changing Eunhye’s diapers and clothes in to something much more comfortable. He looked at the time to see that it was already four in the afternoon, “Can I put you to sleep, Eunhye-ah? Oppa needs to make dinner for Daddy’s friends. Is that okay?” He asked the baby who looked tired and sleepy. He chukled as the baby yawned in his arms, taking that as sign of yes.

He moved back to the living room to see that Donghae was already arranging all the things he bought from the grocery, “I can do that, Donghae. So I won’t look for you if I can’t find something.” Hyukjae said softly as he made his way to the open kitchen to grab a bottle and make some warm milk for Eunhye.

“You sure, Hyuk?” Donghae asked softly, Hyukjae hummed absent-mindedly not paying attention to the nick-name his boss had just given him. “Yeah, I can do it. It’s easier for me to navigate you kitchen that way.” He said as he began making the formula, while rocking Eunhye in his arms.

“Is she gonna sleep?” Donghae asked as he moved towards the two, his hand gently patting Eunhye’s back, Hyukjae nodded, “Yeah, I can start making dinner while she sleeps. You can lounge on the sofa. I downloaded the movie you were gushing about yesterday.” Hyukjae said as he began shaking the bottle of milk. Donghae beamed at the younger’s words as he followed him to the living room like a lost puppy.

“Thank you, Hyuk-ah!” Donghae exclaimed as he settled himself on the sofa. Hyukjae blushed, finally recognizing the nickname that Donghae called him with. The younger just shyly smiled, he put the baby down on a comfortable position on the sofa, pilling up some pillows on the part where Donghae couldn’t barricade to prevent her from falling.

He handed the baby her milk which she greedily took from Hyukjae. Donghae began patting her on her belly as he began humming a calming song. Hyukjae smiled before going back to the kitchen to whip up some dinner for Donghae’s friends. He didn’t know why but he wanted to make a good impression on them, Hyukjae blushed at that thought. “This is not the time to have a crush, Lee Hyukjae.” He scolded himself before returning to his task.

Hours later, the table was set and the foods were already ready to be served. Hyukjae gave himself a mental pat on the shoulders for being able to create such feast in just a few hours. He looked at the time to see that it was already 6 pm, Donghae’s visitors would probably arrive in a few minutes. He sighed as he dragged his tired body to the bathroom for a shower since he smelled all kinds of seasoning and fire which did not smell good.

Donghae was awakened by the smell of good food and a rumbling stomach; he blinked his tiredness away as he saw that it was already pass 6. He yawned before cracking his bones, hoping for some relief. He looked to his side to see that Eunhye was nowhere to be found, Hyukjae had probably took her already. He got up and decided to take a shower before his hyungs come. He went pass the nursery to see Hyukjae already showered in a pair of white shirt and gray sweatpants, his specs sitting on top of his button nose in front of him was Eunhye playing with some blocks as they tried to stack them all up in one line.

He discreetly closed the door and made his way to the bathroom for a well-deserved shower.

 

*

 

Hyukjae had Eunhye in his arms as they danced in the living room while Donghae began setting the foods down on the table since his hyungs already told him that they were already a few minutes ago. He sighed as he finally placed the last dish on the table. It looked like Hyukjae was about to feed the military. Donghae smiled at the effort, he was probably tired after cooking so many foods.

The doorbell’s ding resonated throughout the apartment, Donghae walked over to the door and opened it with a wide smile on his lips.

“Hyungs!”

The two men smiled, the other showing a dimpled smile while the other sported a gummy smile.

“My favorite baby!” Heechul exclaimed as he threw himself at the younger. Leeteuk chuckled at his partner’s enthusiasm. “I thought I was your favorite baby, Chullie?” Leeteuk asked with a pout. Heechul giggled before letting go of Donghae as he clung onto Leeteuk’s arm.

“Of course you are, Teukie-ah!”

“Hello? Single person here.” Donghae said with a pout.

The two chuckled before Donghae moved aside with a smile as they entered the apartment. Donghae heard Heechul asking for Eunhye before he heard an excited squeal from none other than Hyukjae.

Holy …. How could he forget?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hello guys! Here's today's update. I hope you''ll like it! <3 Super Junior exists here, only without Hae and Hyuk. and Suju D&E is Suju L&H (Leeteuk & Heechul) here. Anyway, follow me on twitter so we can interact more. :) @TeukAngelRin hit up my dms, I don't bite! :)

- Ji.