Chapter 9

Silver Linings

The apartment was quiet as the owner was out with his friends while Hyukjae was studying for his midterm practical’s for his course. The younger was coped up in his lover’s recording studio as he was already in his third try for the same song. Donghae had already told him to not strain his voice too much because he might lose it if he keeps on singing the whole day. The younger sighed as he felt his throat constrict once again, he needed to rest his voice or else he’ll fail.

He closed off all the equipments as he sighed before making his way to the master's bed room to get some rest but not before doing his hygiene routine. After an indulging hot shower and skin care, he plopped tiredly beside Eunhye, the baby already cuddled on the newly bought bunny plushie. He took out his phone to see that it was already past midnight, where was Donghae? He pouted unconsciously as he opened his twitter to check for some updates.

He saw some random photos and selcas from Super Junior's Yesung and Kyuhyun, also some Instagram updates from Leeteuk. They were still drinking probably. He was about to lock his phone when his feed refreshed and a new photo from a gossip site came up. He squinted his eyes when he saw the familiar looking blazer that was pressed against the wall with someone pressing against him, they were kissing. And judging by the way the man crouched, the man who was being kissed was a few inches smaller.

Hyukjae's heart began to sped up as he opened the link, his heart breaking as he began reading the article; 'Super Junior's Choi Siwon spotted outside a luxury club kissing another man in the dark. Due to the blurry photos, we could not determine who it was.'

He knew who it was. Hyukjae did the laundry and he knew that blazer like the back of his hand. That was Donghae's. He felt tears slowly escaping his eyes as his heart began to be painfully trampled on like it was worth nothing. Is this the reason why Donghae had spent more time with Super Junior rather than him and Eunhye? Of course, it probably was. Insecurity began flooding his body as he felt his chest constrict with hurt. Even if Donghae was drunk, why would he do something like this?

His rational mind began thinking, what if it was forced? What if Donghae pushed Siwon away? He gasped out breath as his mind began to travel faster than light speed because it was Choi Siwon, the perfect ambassador, the visual of SJ, how can Hyukjae compare with that? Just the ing dimples and he'd be kicked away in an instant. He steadied his breath as he tried to call Donghae. In a few rings, Donghae answered.

"Hae? W-Where are you?" Hyukjae asked, trying to conceal his sobbing.

"Hello? Hyukjae-ssi? Donghae is drunk; me and Ryeowook are dropping him off."

The voice was familiar but at the same time unfamiliar, he furrowed his brows; "Uhm, sure okay. But who am I talking to again?"

"Choi Siwon."

Hyukjae's breath hitched, as his hands began to tremble. Was it true? Did they really kiss?

"O-Okay, do you know his code or—"

"I'll call when we're near the unit then you can take Donghae from there, Hyukjae-ssi?" Siwon asked through the line as he heard another man, probably Ryeowook complaining on how heavy Donghae was.

"Okay, let me know when you're here. Drive safely." Hyukjae answered politely, but his heart was still in pieces. He couldn't figure out what to feel anymore. A few minutes passed and he got a message from an unknown number telling him that they were on their way up. He took in his appearance, he looked like but he wasn't in the mood to be fanboy right now. Especially if the idol that he was gonna see was seen by paparazzis a few moments ago kissing his boyfriend.

He opened the door to see Kim Ryeowook and Choi Siwon with Donghae in between them, smashed and slurring; and wearing the ing blazer that was caught in the picture.

"He's smashed." Ryeowook said with an annoyed tone as he carefully helped Donghae up, Hyukjae nodded, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I couldn't pick him up since Eunhye's asleep." He said softly as he helped with Donghae's shoes.

"It's okay, Hyukjae-ssi. We're glad we could take care of him, he's great guy." Siwon said with a grin. Hyukjae wanted to get angry; he wanted to punch Siwon but refrained from it. Instead he forced on a smile and thanked the two idols.

"You're welcome! I hope we'll meet again without Donghae-hyung being a stupid drunkard." Ryeowook said. Hyukjae nodded as he waved at them politely before the two idols went their way to the elevator. Hyukjae carried Donghae with little struggle as he placed him on the bed.

"Hyukjae? Hyukjae, I love you." Donghae slurred, as he reached out for Hyukjae. The younger scoffed, anger and hurt overruling his emotions. "Do you, Donghae? Do you really?" Hyukjae snapped at him. But the latter was already asleep.

The younger slouched as he sobbed, his fingers gripping Donghae's blazer. Why? What happened? How did that kiss happen in the first place? This is the worst feeling in the world; being hurt by someone you love so deeply. He moved away from the bed as he helped Donghae out of the blazer, he took off his belt and socks before tucking the older man in. He closed the doors and made his way to the living room; he knows that he won’t be able to sleep anyway so why bother.

He began watching movies and listening to music to pass the time as he tried to forget about the picture, he tried to battle with himself as he began to think of other possible scenarios , he had so many of them but all those scenarios led to one thing, Donghae and Siwon kissing. He laid down on the couch as he felt tiredness creep into him.

 

*

 

Donghae woke up to a terrible headache, he reached out for Hyukjae’s body but there was no one beside him, not even Eunhye. He sighed tiredly thinking that they were probably already having breakfast. He made his way to the bathroom as he took some Tylenol for hangover. He took a hot shower and brushed his teeth before slipping on some sweats and shirt. He made his way to the kitchen with a big smile only to be greeted by Hyukjae who looked tired and sleep-deprived, he frowned in an instant.

“Hyuk?”

Hyukjae looked up from the pancakes he was cooking and Donghae gasped at the bloodshot eyes of the younger. He sprinted to Hyukjae before closing the gas range and cupping the younger’s cheek. “Love, what’s wrong? Why did you cry? Are you okay?” Donghae hurriedly asked, “Did your father bother you again?” he added. Hyukjae just sighed and leaned his face away from Donghae’s touch.

“Just eat your breakfast, Donghae.”

Donghae stood frozen at his place as his name echoed through his system, ever since they had confessed, Hyukjae had already taken it upon himself to call Donghae; Hae. “W-What did I do, Hyuk? What did I do to upset you? Please, tell me.” Donghae said sadly, his heart couldn’t take it whenever Hyukjae was upset. The younger looked at Donghae before fishing out for his phone and searching for the article.

It was now or never, Hyukjae.

He slid the phone across the counter, “There. Read it.” Hyukjae said coldly as he sat beside Eunhye’s highchair in attempt to assist the baby in eating her breakfast.

Donghae read the article and he saw the photo. His eyes squinted at it before realizing who it was in the photo, he smiled. But frowned when he remembered what the reason why he was reading the article now, “What about it, Hyuk?” He asked, “D-Do…you like Siwon?”

Hyukjae furrowed his eyebrows, “No, you idiot. Don’t you see the photo?!”

Donghae looked utterly confused, “Yeah… I see it. What’s wrong with it?”

“Donghae, are you ing serious?!” Hyukjae exclaimed, anger rising from his system.

“All I see is Siwon and Ryeowook kissing, Hyuk. What’s wrong with that?”

“Exactly! Siwon and Ryeowook… What? Siwon and Ryeowook?” Hyukjae suddenly felt lost. His anger dissipating. “T-That’s Siwon and Ryeowook?!”

Donghae furrowed his brows, “Yes? Ryeong borrowed my coat because he told me he’ll talk with Siwon and- wait, Did you think I was this?” He suddenly asked in bewilderment. Hyukjae looked down, looking utterly shamed at his previous emotions.

“I-I… I’m sorry, Hae. For doubting you.” Hyukjae whispered.

Donghae didn't know how to feel, he felt a little hurt that Hyukjae would thought that he would do such a thing but he felt like he wanted to laugh at how Hyukjae looks right now. He looks like a kid who got caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar on Christmas Eve.

"Hyukjae..."

"Hae, I'm sorry. Please don't break up with me. I just saw the blazer and I knew it was yours and oh God, I'm so sorry." Hyukjae rambled on as he began to tear up, he was about to start hiccupping if it weren't for Donghae pulling him into a hug.

"Shhh, it's okay love. It's okay, I'm not mad." Donghae coaxed at the younger, his fingers knotting through Hyukjae's hair in a calming manner while his other hand was already under his pullover, drawing circles on Hyukjae's skin.

Hyukjae sobbed even more, how could he?! Donghae had been nothing but perfect to him and this is how he repays him? By doubting him? The younger felt shame on his emotions as he had clung on to Donghae tighter.

"I'm r-really sorry, Hae-ah. I didn't mean to. I solely focused on the blazer that I didn't even notice the ing slacks and the shoes. I’m so sorry Hae-ah.” Hyukjae sobbed into Donghae’s shoulder. The older just cupped Hyukjae’s cheek and pressed their lips together, no tongue just their lips moving languidly together as Donghae poured all his love and adoration despite his growing headache.

Hyukjae broke the kiss as they pressed their foreheads together, “How about a date tomorrow? Let’s ask Heechul-hyung and Teuk-Hyung to take care of Eunhye? They’re free tomorrow.” Donghae said gently as his thumb caressed Hyukjae’s cheekbone.

Hyukjae smiled and nodded, “A date sounds good, love.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


An update as promised! <3 Just one last chapter and we're wrapping things up! :"> Thank you so much for supporting this fic. ^^ -Ji.