Chapter 7

Silver Linings

Hyukjae had woken up to an empty bed, not really empty; Eunhye was there but Donghae wasn’t. It has been three weeks since they’ve confessed to each other, and true to his words, Donghae had taken it slow with the younger. They’ve only started sleeping in the same bed a few days ago, with Eunhye on the same bed as them. But, right now he felt really cold as he woke up without those arms around his waist. He sighed, thinking that Donghae’s probably in his studio perfecting the other songs for Super Junior since it’s already comeback season for the Hallyu Kings.

He tucked Eunhye in the bed and not forgetting to barricade her with pillows as he trudged his way to his lover’s recording studio. He opened the door sleepily to see him in a pile of music sheets as he wrote specific notes and lyrics down. Hyukjae plopped on the couch that was across Donghae’s chair as he sleepily glared at the composer.

Donghae frowns as he eyed Hyukjae who sat across him with a small pout on his lips, the composer sighed, “Baby, go on ahead and sleep first."

Hyukjae pouted deeper, he sniffed as he blinked sleepily, "I can't sleep without you by my side, Hae." He softly whined before yawning. His fists that were covered by the powder blue sweater sleeves wiped his tired eyes.

Donghae smiled before chuckling gently at his big baby, he nodded, "Okay, baby let's go. Just let me clean up for a bit." He said softly as he began tidying up. “I’ll clean that up tomorrow, Hae. Let’s go to sleep now.” Hyukjae goaded out once again as he stood up from the couch and pulled on the hem of Donghae’s shirt. The older chuckled, he piled up the music sheets as he noted to himself to arrange it tomorrow. He crouched down and took Hyukjae up into his arms, startling the younger as he wrapped his arms around Donghae’s neck.

“Haeeeee…” The younger whined shyly. Donghae smiled, “Let me carry you back.” He said softly before exiting the room and taking Hyukjae to the master’s bedroom where they all slept at. Hyukjae just hummed when he felt the bed against his back. He felt Donghae shift before laying down beside him, taking him into his arms.

“Is this okay, baby?” Donghae asked gently as he shifted closer, their bodies pressed together tightly. Hyukjae hummed in satisfaction, “Yes.” He whispered as he leaned into Donghae’s touch, it was so reassuring and warm that he had always felt safe in Donghae’s arms. He felt a soft kiss on his shoulder before he was fully consumed by sleep.

 

 

*

 

 

Hyukjae woke up to soft giggles and chuckles, “Oh no, Eunhye –ah I think we woke Appa up.” Donghae said teasingly as Hyukjae’s eyes landed on Donghae on top of the baby blowing raspberries on her exposed belly. Hyukjae frowned, “Hae, she’ll get a tummyache.” Hyukjae reprimanded, but smiled nonetheless, “Good morning you two, did you sleep well?” He cooed at the two cuties who were silently giggling at each other.

Donghae hummed, “Yes, I have my two babies by my side why wouldn’t I sleep well?” he asked with a cheeky grin as he winked at Hyukjae, Eunhye just giggled and blew spit bubbles. Hyukjae blushed but rolled his eyes, “It’s too early to be that cheesy, Mr. Lee.” He retorted sleepily as he stretched languidly against the soft mattress.

“You better get up already; I have big surprise for you!” Donghae exclaimed with a big grin, his eyes shined with excitement as he carried Eunhye with ease. Hyukjae waved him off, his sleepy state still lingering in him as he trudged forward to the shower for his morning routines. Donghae chuckled once the bathroom door closed, “Hyukjae, you better be prepared to tell me that you love me for this.” Donghae said with a big grin as he went to the kitchen to prepare some light breakfast.

Hyukjae went out of the bathroom fresh and alive, he walked towards the kitchen to see that Donghae had already prepared some…food? Well, if that can be called food. He eyed the bowl with distaste as he sat down on the bar stool of the kitchen. “Hae, w…what is this?” He asked skeptically as he stared at the bowl in front of him.

“Chicken Avocado salad, baby. It’s healthy and yummy.”

Hyukjae scrunched his face up in distaste once again, “Ew, Hae.”

Donghae rolled his eyes as he took a sip from his smoothie before gently feeding Eunhye her breakfast which was mashed strawberries and yogurt. “Hyuk, you need to eat that to be healthy.”

“I am healthy.”

“I know, but I just want your body to be in tip-top shape. You can’t study singing and making songs in a ramen and meat filled body.” Donghae said nonchalantly. Hyukjae stopped at his food mid-way.

“Hae? W-what did you just say?” Hyukjae asked with big wide eyes, Donghae raised a brow.

“That you need to eat the salad so you can get healthy?” he asked, confused.

“No, after that.” Hyukjae goaded out at the older. Donghae who’s expression looked like he was thinking hard began breaking into a big smile as he finally got what the younger wanted to hear.

“Oh, that? The part where you can’t study singing and making songs in a ramen and meat filled body?” Donghae asked with a big grin, Hyukjae blinked, “Hae? What do you mean?” he asked, his heart hammering against his chest.

Donghae grinned, “I enrolled you back to your course, Hyuk. I got the letter this morning.”

Hyukjae gasped, his mind began to process that the man across him was slowly making his dreams a reality. The flood of love and gratefulness began to override his emotions that he began crying in an instant. , why was he such a crybaby? He felt arms around him in an instant.

“Hyuk? Baby? Oh God, did I say something wrong? Did I do something wrong?” Donghae asked in a panicked voice. Hyukjae shook his head fervently, “N-no, Oh God. You didn’t do anything wrong, Hae.” He sobbed out as he wrapped his arms around the man’s neck. Donghae settled himself in between Hyukjae’s legs.

“Why are you crying then? Please baby, don’t cry.”

“I’m just so ing thankful, Hae. You’re slowly making all my dreams come true. , you’re just so amazing and I don’t know what I’ll do if I ever lose you. I love you, Hae. I really do.” Hyukjae blurted out without second thought. Donghae’s breath hitched, Hyukjae… loved him?

He felt like he could take on the world with what Hyukjae had told him.

“D-donghae? I-I… I’m sorry, was it too fast?”

Before Hyukjae could utter another word, he felt thin lips press against his plump ones. A gentle hand held his nape to keep him in place as Donghae needily pressed their lips together even more. It fascinated Hyukjae as to how Donghae’s lips fit perfectly with his as gently kissed back, the initial shock faded away as he wrapped his arms around Donghae’s neck.

This kiss…to Hyukjae was far by the best kiss he had ever received, it felt like fire within his bones, like his soul that was deprived of water was thrown in to the sea, like every part of him that came from a dead star began to come back to life as Donghae ignited the passion inside Hyukjae.

This one kiss brought two souls in just a second.

Donghae broke the kiss, but instantly went back to pecking the younger’s addictive lips.

“I love you too, Lee Hyukjae. I really do.” He whispered softly before pressing his lips against Hyukjae again. The younger let out a soft moan as Donghae’s kiss became fervent. In the past month that they had been living together, Hyukjae had practically learned everything about Donghae. He knew and remembered everything about him, but why did he suddenly forget his own name when Donghae kissed him like this?

A small whine from Eunhye broke the kiss.

The two men panted as they were out of breath from their previous lip-lock. They turned to Eunhye to see that her food was already done. Hyukjae chuckled softly as he gently pushed Donghae away who whined in a soft protest.

“Later, Hae. Eunhye comes first.” Hyukjae taunted at the older. Donghae could only pout a Hyukjae’s statement, “But…”

“Hae, we’ll talk later okay?” Hyukjae said softly, his cheeks still blushing. Donghae smiled, “Okay, baby. I’ll wait.” He said gently as he pressed another kiss on Hyukjae’s cheek. The younger beamed as he made his way towards the baby, easing her out of the high-chair.

Donghae found himself immersed at Hyukjae’s form once again.

Before Donghae had met Hyukjae, he never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason. But now that he sees Hyukjae, he felt the biggest smile stretching his lips.

And he knew for a fact that loving Hyukjae would probably be the best decision he has ever made in his life, hands down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Sorry for the late update, guys! I just got discharged this morning and I had to sleep through the afternoon. I'm sorry if this chapter , I'm kinda dealing with something right now. So, I'm adding a short poll for the next chapter. I do hope that you'll answer so I can get some insights on how to make the next chapter. Also, please don't forget to comment bec readin all your comments fuel me to update. I'll try to reply once this story is finished. :> Thank you so much, dear readers! Have a good day, better than mine - hopefully.

- Ji.<3