Chapter 10 - Final

Silver Linings

Donghae stood patiently besides Hyukjae as the younger began picking a movie for their date, the older slid his arm around the younger’s waist as he saw that some ladies were checking his Hyukjae out. Well, too bad for them. Hyukjae was his entirely. “Hae, should we watch this one?” Hyukjae asked, snapping the older out from his territorial thoughts. Donghae eyed the movie, ’Gonjiam Haunted Asylum’, great a horror genre. Donghae’s weakness. Hyukjae raised a brow at the man’s uneasiness, “Hae, if you don’t like the movie, we can watch another one.” He said softly as he leaned his body against Donghae’s.

Donghae hummed, “We can watch anything you want to watch, love.” He said softly, Hyukjae pouted but nodded. They made their way to the ticket booth and Hyukjae ended up buying a ticket to some drama romance novel turned movie entitled Dangerous Love. The problem was, they forgot to look at the age restrictions and the movie turned out to be a R-18 one with lots of , cursing, kidnapping, mafia and some triggering moments like implied that made Hyukjae cover his eyes in fear. Donghae on the other hand was fully invested as he watched the movie intently as he wrapped his arms around the younger as a sign of protection.

The movie ended with a hot honeymoon in Maldives as the two lead actors made love on every surface. Hyukjae grinned as the movie finished, “That was good movie, right Hae?” He asked the older with a big grin. Donghae hummed in agreement as they left the movie theater with the older’s arm around Hyukjae’s waist. “Indeed it was, it had all the emotions, anger, love, comedy, action. It was all in there. I just hate that Spencer had to go to Japan all alone disobeying Aiden’s please.”

Hyukjae gasped, “It was an act of true love!” he exclaimed, Donghae rolled his eyes, “It was an act of impulse, something could’ve happened to him, love.” He argued, Hyukjae crossed his arms, “But nothing bad happened because he had a plan, right?” He barked at the older, Donghae just chuckled as he pressed their bodies closer.

“He was selfish in that part though, just wanting to chase the dream without thinking of Aiden’s situation.”

“Oh my god, Lee Donghae!” Hyukjae exclaimed, “He chose to chase both of their dreams alone because Aiden was too protective! They had a well thought plan because they had the genius Marcus but Aiden chose to be a coward and just give up their dreams.” Hyukjae rambled on, Donghae scoffed, “You’re just on the bottom’s side because you’re a bottom.” Donghae commented innocently.

The younger stopped in his tracks as he gasped indignantly, “Excuse me?! I am taking the side of the man who decided to take a chance on his and his lover’s dream. It’s not my fault that Spencer’s top was a coward.” Hyukjae snapped as he rolled his eyes. Donghae chuckled at Hyukjae’s cuteness. He could be really immersed in a thing if he wanted to. “Alright, whatever you say, Hyuk-ah.” He said softly as he again wrapped his arms around the younger’s waist before placing a soft kiss on Hyukjae’s lips.

“Let’s get something to eat so we can pick Eunhye up from Leeteuk and Heechul-hyung.” Donghae said softly and patiently as the younger still had a small pout on his lips, “Okay, fine.” He grunted.

The dinner and their first date ended on a good note, as Donghae was already showering; Hyukjae had already tucked Eunhye on the bed, the now 11th months baby growing fast everyday as she started to utter words like “Appa”, “Hyok”, “Hungry”, and other small sentences that babies could utter. It made Hyukjae proud that he was part of Eunhye’s growing process. It made him feel like a proud parent. He smiled innocently at the thought, he felt the bed dip behind him, and without any preamble; he felt two strong arms wrapping their selves around his waist.

Hyukjae instantly shifted closer to Donghae’s warmth, it had become something he had been addicted to ever since they got together, the feeling of Donghae’s body against his, shielding him from bad thoughts and dreams.

“What’s on your mind, baby?” Donghae asked softly as he pressed an innocent kiss on Hyukjae’s shoulder. Hyukjae hummed, “I just love your arms around me. They make me feel safe and powerful.” He said softly as entwined his fingers with the latter’s.

“I love how bodies match together too, baby. It’s like you were made for me entirely.” Donghae whispered as he buried his nose on the younger’s shoulders, sighing in contentment as his nose was flooded with Hyukjae’s strawberry and peaches scent.

Hyukjae giggled, before pouting suddenly as he remembered the question that had lingered on his mind since last night, “Hae?” Hyukjae gently called out as he began to play with those thick fingers nervously, he heard a soft hum coming from Donghae as affirmation.

“You never told me why Ryeowook-ssi borrowed your blazer…”

He felt Donghae shift closer as he gently maneuvered Hyukjae to face him, Donghae cupped Hyukjae’s face as he softly pressed their lips together. It was a soft and innocent kiss that made Hyukjae’s heart pound with love and anticipation. The older broke the kiss and pressed their foreheads together.

“Well, baby… unlike us, Ryeowook and Siwon can’t be seen outside kissing. People had took photos of them leaving the recording studio so people knew what they were wearing. But not me, they don’t know me publicly. That’s why when they decided to go outside to talk Ryeowook asked if he could borrow my blazer, knowing the situation, I gave it without second thought.”

Hyukjae frowned, “W-What’s wrong with them getting caught together?”

“That’s how the industry works, baby. Falling in love to normal people is magical, but falling in love to idols is a deadly sin. Fans are like parents to idols while idols feel like they’re more of digital pets.” Donghae said softly as he began caressing Hyukjae’s face gently, the younger listening intently. “I’m glad that I don’t have those kinds of eyes on me. Or else I wouldn’t be able to show you off to the world.” The older said with a gentle smile. Hyukjae smiled but he was sad, never had he thought about it that way.

He was never like those fans who disagreed about idols dating, no; he loved it whenever his idol had come out to the public, because everyone deserves that type of love, everyone deserves a chance to meet that once great love, even idols. It saddened him that idols were given that in exchange for the fame and fortune they have.

“That’s why I believe that money can never buy any happiness, nor fame, nor fortune. Happiness lies with you and what you believe in. Idols… are lonely people with the biggest hearts, they also want love, crave love, like normal people. Fans are stuck at the idea that they are idols that they forget that those idols are human too, you know? Idols envy us, baby. They want what we have, freedom.” He said softly as he cupped Hyukjae’s face. The younger nodded, finally understanding the situation. Somehow in some way he wanted to comfort idols who’re under such spotlight but he knew there was not much he could do.

“What if you become an idol one day, Hyuk? Would you still want me in the picture?”

Hyukjae thought about it, sure he had dream of becoming an idol, way before Donghae but as he stared at the handsome face in front of him, it became clear as day, he had a new dream. And it was Donghae.

“Who said I wanted to become an idol?” Hyukjae asked gently, Donghae raised a brow. “Isn’t that your dream?”

Hyukjae smiled, “I have a new dream.”

“What’s that?”

“To be yours until the end of time.”

Donghae smiled, “That sounds like a nice dream.”

Hyukjae nodded as he cuddled closer to Donghae, “It does, doesn’t it?”

“Let’s work on it together then, baby.” The older whispered as he kissed Hyukjae’s forehead.

The younger nodded, “Together.”

 

*

 

Donghae groaned when he felt a body jump on his still awakening body, “Appa, Appa! Wake up! Hyukkie-appa’s making pancakes!” Eunhye exclaimed as she began jumping on the bed, the four year old giggling as Donghae grunted, “Hye-ah, Hae-appa’s still sleepy. Can I have five more minutes please?” Donghae begged his daughter as he tried to bury his head inside the thick duvet, away from his loud daughter’s whining, “No! Hyukkie-appa said that if you’re not down by 5 minutes I won’t get strawberries on my pancakes, please appa!!!” Eunhye whined as she put her best aegyo face which she learned from Hyukjae.

Donghae sighed tiredly, “Fine, I’m awake. Why is he up so early anyway?” Hae asked the little girl, Eunhye just shrugged, “Shower up first appa, I’ll tell Hyukkie-appa that you’re up so I can get my strawberries!” She beamed as she ran off to the kitchen yelling about how she had successfully woken Donghae up.

The older chuckled as he trudged to the bathroom groggily, after a short shower and brushing of his teeth, he went outside to the kitchen to see a full on breakfast feast with Hyukjae still in his apron His newly dyed blond hair contrasted with his milky white skin which made him more beautiful that he already was.

Hyukjae saw Donghae and beamed, “Good morning, Hae! Happy Anniversary!” The younger exclaimed with that beautiful gummy smile on his lips.

Happy? Anniversary?

!

Donghae’s eyes widened in realization, how could he ing forget?!

Hyukjae raised a brow at his husband for two years’ expression, he looked like an actual gaping fish out of water as his mouth was agape and his eyes were wide in shock. He probably forgot….again.

The younger rolled his eyes, it wasn’t new and it didn’t bother Hyukjae but the expression on Donghae’s face every time he reminds him was still priceless even after many missed monthsaries and anniversaries. Hyukjae had fully understood that Donghae had too much on his plate, from recordings to composing , his mind had always been busy. And the younger didn’t get angry or anything, they were too old for petty fights like that.

Donghae grinned nervously at Hyukjae, “H-Happy Anniversary, baby!” he exclaimed, his voice a higher octave than original as he made his way to his husband who had a hand on his hip. Eunhye giggled. “Hae-appa forgot again, Hyukkie-appa.” She said innocently with a teasing smirk. Donghae blinked at his daughter before widening his eyes at her signaling her to stop talking or else Donghae will be in some deeper than he is now. Hyukjae sighed, “Hae…”

Before the two people could blink, Donghae was already on his knees begging for forgiveness and making promises about making it up to him with a romantic dinner by the bay and flowers and that audiobook the younger wanted. Hyukjae chuckled as he knelt in front of Donghae, “Calm down, Hae. I’m not mad.” The younger said jokingly as he wrapped his arms around Donghae with a grin. “Come here, Hye-ah, let’s give Hae-appa a hug.” Hyukjae called out to the four year old who was happily munching on her pancakes. She grinned and jumped off her stool and ran to the two men who were on their knees.

She threw herself at the two men as she cuddled her way in between them, Donghae had the softest smile on his lips as Hyukjae sported the biggest beam.

Dreams sometimes never work the way you want it to work, but at the end of the day; if you have a little support and a love that can take you places, dreams will always come true.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The End! Whew, so that wraps it up. Thank you so much for reading this story, guys! This really holds a special place in my heart because it's my first story after hiatus. Also yes, I shamelessly plugged my story Dangerous Love. Go on and read it! :) Thank you so much for the support! I'll be coming out with another story soon so I hope I'll see you all there again? Happy weekend guys! 

This whole story is dedicated to lunaticJTW ; thank you for your inspiring words and support! :">

-Ji.