Chapter 8

Pieces of You

 

 

“Jiu unnie.”

 

Siyeon calls her name in the middle of the night. Arms wrapped, head nestled between the crook of her neck and nothing but the comforting warmth of their bare skins against one another, it’s one of those days where the Lee can’t help to fall asleep - even after a session of great .

 

Minji responds with a quiet “hm?” whilst positioning Siyeon’s hand closer to her stomach, enough to feel the tickle of her love. Pursuing her lips, the Lee was hesitant as she’s never really had a heart-to-heart conversation with anyone, other than her siblings. It’s only been a month since she’s started this relationship with Jiu seriously.

 

None of that one-night stands, one week girlfriend kind of things. Love can be a complicated emotion to learn but there was always something different about Jiu. The woman gave full attention in whatever she did. Her actions were sincere and boy, expressing each other in bed was a new form of art. It’s like they were meant to be.

 

“I know this sounds stupid unnie, but…you know how I’ve told you stories about how my father used to be involved in fights? How my relatives would get kidnapped or murdered because of my family’s business nature? That sometimes blood shedding is a normal scene?” Siyeon’s fingers slowly finds its way to pinch Jiu’s hand, gently pulling the sides as she confesses. “…How would you feel if I suddenly…died?”

 

Something hit Minji upon hearing those words. Death itself is a powerful word that resonates deeply in her heart. All too familiar for the Kims have been victims of such. “Oh Siyeon…” Minji sighed as she turned around, cupping the Lee’s face and nothing but a sad gaze looking over. The Kim had no idea that Siyeon was actually so fragile. The world perceived the heir as a strong, confident yet cold woman that was very much capable of taking the throne anytime. How wrong she was.

 

“What will you do if I suddenly stopped coming here? If I didn’t reply your messages or pick up your calls? I’ve thought about this a lot. Jiu unnie, you’re just…a normal person. You’re not like me. You weren’t raised from a silver spoon. You don’t have the power to call upon the authorities and look for me. You can’t ask the world to kneel.” Siyeon brushes her fingers across Minji’s strands of hair.

 

“Will you pretend that none of this happened? Are you going to forget about me?” Siyeon asks as Minji knew the answer immediately. Not even a second after, the woman says a firm “no”. Planting a soft kiss on Siyeon’s forehead, Minji made sure to make her feelings heard. That this was not a plaything anymore. This was real. “I might be a nobody but I will do anything to find you in that situation. I’ll make sure that you’ll return to my arms, no matter what it takes.”

 

Siyeon smiled. “Promise?” Minji kissed her again as she softened. “Promise.”

 

A tear falls down Siyeon’s cheek as she watches Minji’s body lifelessly collapse into her arms.

 

“Jiu unnie!” She screams, blood stains splashing across her face. Fuming with rage, the woman was about to go after the sniper but Siwon finishes the job for her. A single pull of the trigger and the man falls down from the roof. It’s over.

 

The journey to the hospital was filled with nothing but cries. In all his years of service, Siwon has never seen Siyeon like this. Hot tears streaming down her cheeks. Incoherent mumbles and desperate prayers. Today is the day Siwon witnesses Lee Siyeon at her most vulnerable point.

 

News had already reached the Kims and Dami, who rushed back to be there for her sister. As Bora and Handong arrived at the waiting room, they saw Siyeon wailing controllably in Dami’s arms.

 

Stunned in surprise, Bora has never seen the Lee like this. Perhaps, she was wrong after all. The woman was always against Minji’s loving interest in Siyeon. She simply believed the rumours that Siyeon was a playgirl, a flirt who found entertainment in breaking people’s hearts. But to see her break down, devastated and distraught…it was proving a point.

 

Handong gently tugged the edges of Bora’s shirt. “Are you going to be okay?” She was more concerned about Bora. After all, both of her sisters were shot within a span of two days. While Yoohyeon was lucky, Minji is still out there fighting for her life. No one would be okay going through an ordeal like this. But Bora was here, looking strong and fine. Not a single shread of tear nor a show of worry.

 

Bora responds with a sad smile as she whispered, “I’ll be fine. Don’t worry.” Warmly taking Handong’s hand from her shirt, she intertwines their fingers together. Handong realizes that her grip is especially tighter than usual.

 

Siwon carefully approaches Dami who was busy hugging Siyeon who had fallen asleep due to a combination of exhaustion and outburst of emotions. “Ma’am, when we reached Rising Sun Trade & Co, they’ve already packed everything up. However, we did find this photograph. We believe this might be our only link to finding Lee Gahyeon and possibly, boss.” The man explains while showing the photo.

 

Dami lets out a heavy sigh as she realizes who it is. The puzzle is complete. It made so much sense that Jung Joon Young was behind all this. “At least, this would make things much easier as father’s disappearance and Gahyeon’s kidnapping are probably connected. Any updates on the search & rescue team?”

 

“None so far ma’am. But I will keep you updated. In the meantime, I would recommend that all members of the Lee and Kim stay together in the same place. It is not safe anymore.”

 

“You are correct. Double the security and protection of this hospital. No one is leaving this place.” Dami orders. “Oh, and make sure to check up on mother. The Kim’s mother too. We cannot leave them alone.” Siwon nods and marches off to his duty.

 

Bora cuts in. “Wait, we’re not allowed to leave the hospital?” Dami nods. “I’m sorry that I made this decision without your consent but it’s the only choice left. We need to protect all of you…until I hunt that bastard down.”

 

“It’s fine. I understand.” Bora places her hands on her waist. “Thank you for everything you’ve done Dami. The Kims will always be grateful.”

 

“No. This is nothing compared to the years of violence and suffering my family has inflicted onto yours. I’m only repenting the sins of my ancestors.”

 

Bora pats Dami’s back. “Let’s build a better future together.”

 

As the three continue to wait, hoping that the red light switches to green, Dami learns of Handong. The woman takes note that she and Bora are participating in a pitching competition and that the two seem to have something going on. They probably don’t realize it but Dami sees it all.

 

Bora learns from Dami at that the Lees grew up in a strict, patriarchy household deprived of the family warmth she’s so used to. The stories of the Lees being a close-knitted clan were all for show. Bora realizes that Siyeon, Dami and Gahyeon lived in fear of their father who would punish and abuse them for even the tiniest mistakes.

 

Sharing a bond together as they wait, the light finally switches to green at four in the morning. The doctor informs them of good news that the operation is a success. Luck was on the Kim’s side again as the bullet dodged Minji’s vital organs.

 

Thanking the doctor for his hardwork, Bora and Handong went to Minji’s ward while Dami stayed back in the waiting room, not wanting to wake up her sister who has now fallen asleep soundly on her lap.

 

Alone in the ward with Handong, Bora could now rest easy. But the woman could sense Handong’s worried eyes on her. She knew what was up so she opens first.

 

“Do you want me to cry?” Bora asks with a chuckle. Handong widens her eyes in surprise and waves her hand in denial. “Oh, no, of course not! We’ve had enough crying for the day! No one should be sad!”

 

“Then why are you looking at me as if you’re finding it odd as to why I’m not crying?”

 

Handong frowns. “Cause I’m worried!” The woman turns to look at Minji lying in bed, covered in bandages. “How can I not be worried when two of your sisters have been shot? I can’t imagine how much stress and anxiety you would be going through!”

 

“Aw, is that so? You’re worried for me? That’s cute.” Bora coos and pats Handong’s head who pouts in response.

 

“I’m saying that it’s okay to cry!” Handong says.

 

Bora stops. She blinks, taking in that sentence in full. No, she isn’t going to cry. Instead, there’s something warm and fuzzy blooming in her chest. The way Handong looks at her with these worried eyes. A gaze so genuine and soft. God help her, she’s really trying her best to hold back at this rate.

 

Bora widens into a smile and ruffles Handong’s hair. “Thank you.”

 

“There you go again, why are you smiling? You should be crying!”

 

This time, Bora breaks into a laughter. “Do you really want me to cry that bad? Oh I guess I should,” She pretends to wipe tears away as Handong rolls her eyes. Bora giggles and nudges the woman. “You’re going to need more than that to make me cry silly.”

 

“I give up.” Handong sighs in surrender. Bora grins and boldly asks, “Hey, can I give you a nickname?”

 

“Like what?”

 

Bora leans her head against the wall and looks at her with a glee smile. “Dong-ah” She calls out in a sweet, warm, resonating voice. Gentle, soft and pieced together with so much of care. Handong pauses.

 

It’s new. Refreshing. And something that excites the princess who grew up in a dull household.

 

“…I’d like that.”

 

Bora smiles wider than a fool upon her answer. “But only I can call you that, okay? Dong-ah?” Handong nods in reply as she giggles into her seat, unable to hide her profound happiness at her new nickname.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Yoohyeon spends time alone in her ward, knowing that Bora and Handong are over at Minji’s while Dami went off to continue the search for Gahyeon. Now, the brunette isn’t complaining as she’s got a lot on her mind right now and prefers to be alone.

 

Touching her cheek that is still reminiscent of Dami’s kiss burning into her skin, it makes the woman blush again. As much as Yoohyeon wants to tell herself that it’s “normal” for friends to kiss, something at the back of her head is telling her that she’s very, very wrong.

 

Looking back at her time spent with Dami, the Lee has always treated well. Too well.

 

“Can you move your foot?” Dami asks, crouching down to check. Clumsy Yoohyeon strikes again as she tripped over a stone whilst walking along the park. The brunette groaned in pain and shook her head in reply.

 

“Looks like we have no choice. Hop on.” Dami says, her back ready to carry Yoohyeon’s weight. “And no, you’re not going to give excuses. You’re lightweight. So don’t worry. Let’s get you in the car. I’ll send you to the hospital.”

 

Dami was Yoohyeon’s go-to-person whenever she was stuck in a dilemma.

 

“You’d look much better with a simple outfit. Throw away the colourful ones. Too eye-catching and distracting. You want people to focus on your presentation, not your fashion.” Dami explains through the video call as Yoohyeon has been spending time changing clothes and showing the woman what she should be wearing for the big day.

 

“Wow, you really know your thing.” Yoohyeon gasps, acknowledging Dami’s experience and taking note of her advice. “As expected from a Lee.”

 

Even in the middle of the night, Dami was always there for Yoohyeon. Whether it was to lend a ear, or just to be her company.

 

“…And then I waited hours. But this stupid group member of mine didn’t reply! With the deadline coming close, I had no choice but to do everything myself! Ugh!” Yoohyeon rolls her eyes, feeling her heart lighter now that she’s let it all out from her chest.

 

“There will always be bad apples in the team. But sometimes, you just can’t dispose them. You just have to live with you.”

 

“Again, Lee Dami and her wise words.” Yoohyeon mumbles as the Lee chuckles.

 

Picking up her phone and staring at Dami’s contact number, Yoohyeon felt nervous for the first time. She wanted to test the theory herself. To see if such feelings were proven true. That Dami might just like her more than just a friend.

 

“Dami-ya. I miss you.”

 

The message is sent and Yoohyeon quickly locks her phone, lies back to bed and clutches the device close to her chest. She doesn’t even know why she’s acting like this. It feels so silly and dumb.

 

Dami’s phone beeps. But she’s too busy looking at the map of the South China sea. Along with her team, they are pinpointing locations of where Gahyeon might’ve been taken. Putting markers and liaising with the crew out at sea, an image taken from the GPS is sent to the main computer: it’s a photo of a black submarine floating above.

 

“Ma’am, this was taken eight hours ago before it disappeared. No submarine is authorized to be in these waters. I think…we might have found it.”

 

Dami nods. “Then let’s not waste any time.” She finally takes out her phone to call the rest of the team to regroup. The woman notices the unread message from Yoohyeon but as much as she wants to open it, that isn’t important right now. Looking at her elites marching off to prepare themselves for the long journey, rescuing Gahyeon is her top priority.

 

Instead, the Lee dials Siyeon. It rings for a long second before it picks up.

 

“Wake up sleepy head. Cried enough?” Dami smiles, hearing her sister’s annoyed groans.

 

“Ugh, you’re so mean for leaving me to sleep on the cold, hard bench. My back aches now!” Siyeon complains.

 

“Sorry about that.” Dami apologies.

 

Siyeon sighs. “Whatever, Jiu unnie’s out of danger so that’s fine.”

 

“You mean Minji.” Dami corrects.

 

“Yes, Minji.”

 

Dami hums. “Unnie, at this rate, people are going to find out about your past-“

 

“Can we get to the main point?” Siyeon cuts in.

 

Dami chuckles. “It’s time we got our revenge, unnie. Meet me at the port. We’ve got a long journey ahead. Oh, bring along some weapons too.”

 

 

---

 

 

Just like every morning, Minji prepares for work and leaves behind a sleeping Siyeon under the sheets. Habitual. Instinctual. But today is different. As Minji’s brushing her teeth, she’s startled by the Lee coming from behind. The woman jumps at Siyeon’s cold touch against her warm back and kisses along her neck.

 

“Morning.” Siyeon greets hoarsely, finding much content by just being there. “You usually aren’t up this early,” Minji says while continuing to brush her teeth, not even minding the fact that Siyeon is just observing her like she’s treasure.

 

Siyeon smiles and takes a whiff of Minji’s scent. “That’s right. I love sleeping in but in exchange, I don’t get to wish you goodbye. Even though I’ll still see you again every other night, can’t I at least, give you a proper goodbye for once?”

 

Minji frowns. “You make it sound like you’re leaving for good.” Siyeon widens her eyes in surprise and shakes her head cutely with a pout. “Oh no, I didn’t mean that! Never. Don’t take the wrong way unnie!”

 

The Lee clings tighter like a koala as Minji proceeds to wash , minding her own business although wary that Siyeon is just watching on quietly. When Minji’s finally done, she turns around and kisses Siyeon who scrunches her nose in response, upon tasting the fresh mint.

 

Minji cups Siyeon’s face. Her head easily fitting between her palms as the Kim gently squeezes the Lee’s cheeks. “Hmm, you’re very cute when you’ve just woken up.”

 

“Look all you want. I’m only cute like this, once in a lifetime” Siyeon says as she closes her eyes and pouts her lips, obviously showing what she wants.

 

Minji giggles and smooches Siyeon. Once. And then twice. Until Siyeon laughs as Minji starts to tickle her.

 

“You know unnie, I had a lovely dream.” Siyeon says, bringing Jiu back into the sheets. “What was it about?” Minji asks, casually positioning herself so that Siyeon gets to rest on her lap. Hands already pinching as if it’s a natural instinct.

 

Siyeon grins. “I had a dream that we were living together in this very big house!” She describes by motioning her hands. “We had these cute puppies and a cool car to drive around the mountains nearby. It was so peaceful.”

 

Minji looks on with a smile, listening to Siyeon’s story. As long as she’s happy, Minji smiles as she looks at Siyeon describing her dream. As long as she’s happy, she is too.

 

“When I’m finally at the top, I’ll promise you Jiu unnie that I will make your life better.”

 

 

Minji wakes up as a tear rolls down her cheek. Facing the bare ceiling of her ward, reality slowly hits the woman as she groans at the pain kicking in. She faintly remembers the bits and pieces of what happened.

 

The first thing on her mind: Lee Siyeon. Just as Minji tries to move, Bora comes into the picture. “Hey, hey, don’t move too much. It’s too early for that.” Gently holding onto her hand. “I’ll call the doctor.”

 

“Wait.” Minji stops her sister. “Where’s…Siyeon?”

 

Bora stares at the woman. She can’t believe that’s really the first thing Minji says after waking up. “Really? After being shot in the chest, you ask for Lee Siyeon? Not me? Not even Yoohyeon?” She sighs and rises from her seat. “Alright, I get it. You’re completely in love with her and all. Can we just talk about this later? Let me get the doctor to check you up.”

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

Bora stops in her steps. “Why are you apologizing? You did nothing wrong. Love is…a pain in the .”

 

Three days have passed since the shooting incident at Rising Sun Trade & Co. There are now bodyguards patrolling Seoul Hospital. Security has tightened at the Lee and Kim mansions. News is all over the television, tv stations are covering the on-going rescue mission of Lee Gahyeon and the social media is full of gossip. Everyone is asking the real question: how will these events change the future of the two business empires?

 

The Lee sisters went to the South China Sea with some of their best elites, confident that they have found the culprit. As it takes several days and even weeks for the long journey, the team at Seoul has lost signal with them and there has been no updates since. Yoohyeon is showing healthy signs of recovery and Minji…she’s praying for the best.

 

Bora returns to the ward after telling off the reporters for the nth time. Annoyed that the press have remain stubborn, she greets her sister with a warm smile.

 

“You hungry?”

 

Minji shakes her head. “I’m good. You can continue working on your pitching project with Handong. While you were gone, she’s been editing the slides.”

 

“She’s so hardworking.” Bora smiles and turns to Handong seated at the corner. “Dong-ah! Let’s get back to work!”  

 

Minji watches on as Bora and Handong settling down. Laptops open, papers out and continuous chatter. The woman wonders when they’ve gotten so close. Though she’ll leave that thought for later. Right now, Minji stares at the television as Siyeon and Dami’s faces are displayed on the screen.

 

All she wants to do right now is to have Siyeon back. She has a lot to tell her. Back then, she was afraid. She chose to keep the pain all to herself. But now, she knows what needs to be done. And if ever…if the world was against her and if Siyeon were to die…Minji shakes her head. She doesn’t want these pessimistic thoughts to consume her.

 

In the end, Minji decides to switch the channel to a cooking program.

 

 

 

---

 

 

Riding at sea for more than 48 hours, it’s a miracle that Siyeon and Dami did not get seasick. From a distance, a black water vessel can be seen. It appears that they’ve been waiting for their arrival.

 

“Get ready.” Siyeon says as her elites began to prepare their weapons. The Lee tosses a pistol to Dami who catches it well. “I hope your skills haven’t gotten rusty.”

 

“I’d say the same to you, unnie.” Dami hums as she checks the gun. “Maybe it’s a good thing that Father trained us on how to shoot.”

 

Siwon suddenly shouts. “Take cover!”

 

A parade of bullets showers their boat. Siyeon and Dami crouch for cover while the elites start their attack. Wonho takes the frontline and jumps across, landing on the black submarine and clearing the path. Doojoon and B.M run in, finishing off the guards as they break into the entrance. Siyeon and Dami follow Siwon from behind as the team begin to invade the submarine.

 

More firing. More blood being spilled. Splitting themselves into different levels, the Lee sisters along with Siwon headed for the lower compartment. Climbing down the stairs, Dami takes her first kill. Siyeon praises her sister and says, “Nice shot.”

 

Siwon raises a fist upwards, signaling them to stop. Along the dark corridors, something doesn’t feel right. “Stay here.” He says and carefully approaches the closed metal door. In a second, it slams open with Jung Joon Young revealing himself.

 

Swiftly locking his arms between Siwon and mobilizing the man to his knees, both Siyeon and Dami aimed their guns, ready to shoot. B

 

“Oh, how nice of you girls to drop by.” Joon Young smirked, his face smeared with the blood of Mr. Kim and Mr. Lee. Wielding his metal bat, he threatened to throw a hard swing at Siwon. “Shoot me and I’ll pop his head off ladies.” The man pointed at the sisters. “Drop your weapons.”

 

“You er, you’re supposed to be dead.” Siyeon growled, refusing to lower the pistol. Dami looked on carefully, wary of their surroundings. If anything. Joon Young could have his men hidden somewhere.

 

“That’s right. I am a dead man wanting nothing but revenge. Everything the Lees have done to my family. Oh… I won’t forget it. And I’ve sworn to let all of you have a taste of it. Starting with him…” Joon Young grabs Siwon’s face and cackles.

 

Siyeon fires a shot but misses. “!” Joon Young looks up, drops Siwon to the floor and slowly approaches the two. Dami fires another but the man reflects the bullet with his metal bat.

 

“Unnie!”

 

Just as Joon Young’s about to swing at Siyeon, a gun fires from the above compartment. It pierces his ankle. The man collapses with a loud shout.

 

“Are you alright, ma’am?!” Wonho rushes over with the rest of the Elite team.

 

“We’re good.” Dami reassures as Siyeon fumes. She takes the metal bat from Joon Young’s hand and raise it up high. The woman exhales.

 

“This one’s for her.”

 

Siyeon swings it hard as his blood splatters over the walls, his screams echoing the hallway. One more swing. And another. Until the man lied motionless. Siyeon continued to batter away. Swing after swing. Blood after blood. She didn’t stop. She was raging. Blinded with revenge.

 

“That’s enough!” Dami pulls Siyeon away. “I said stop!” She pushes her against the wall, seeing hot tears streaming down Siyeon’s face. The woman finally releases the bat and hugs her sister tight, hands shivering.

 

“It was…for her…” Siyeon sobs.

 

Dami helps to wipe her tears away. “I know. You did it for her.” She holds her hand. “Now, Gahyeon. Let’s go get our baby sister.”

 

Siyeon nods as the two follow the Elites into the room where Joon Young came from. It was a gruesome sight. The blood of Mr. Lee and Mr. Kim painted on the walls. The men tied to the red chains, barely hanging on and Gahyeon, completely untouched yet bursting into tears upon the familiar faces.

 

“This is Alpha. We’ve secured the target. Send in medic support. Over.” Wonho orders over the mic.

 

The three sisters finally reunite with a hug. A long hug full of tears and relief.

 

“What happened to your face?” Gahyeon asks, seeing the blood stain al over Siyeon’s cheeks. The Lee shook her head in reply.

 

“It’s nothing. Can you do me a favour and close your eyes when we’re walking out? There’s something awful that I don’t want you to see.”

 

“Okay.” Gahyeon sniffles and clings tightly to her sisters, just grateful to be alive.

 

 

 

---

 

 

The city is in celebration. Mr. Lee and Mr. Kim were transported via helicopter to the nearest hospital while the Lee sisters took the longer route back by boat. Upon arrival three days later, press were all over them.

 

Watching the live broadcast from the television, Bora, Handong and Yoohyeon celebrated their return. And Minji, she cried. Out of relief, out of joy and happiness. The world was on her side. Now, there’s only one more step left.

 

“They’re here.” Bora says as she hurries to grab Handong. “Good luck sis.” The woman winks as the two leave to Yoohyeon’s ward.

 

Minji takes a deep breath, her heart beating nervously as she waits for Siyeon. Everything that she wants to say, the woman hopes she doesn’t mess up. She only has one chance at this.

 

The lift door opens with a loud ding. Siyeon exits and looks for Minji’s ward. Left and right, it doesn’t take long for her to find it. The woman pauses and looks at her reflection on the window. There doesn’t seem to be any blood stains lingering behind. It’s all clean and presentable.

 

Siyeon nods to herself and inhales slowly. Finally sliding the door open and taking one step inside, the woman stops when their eyes meet.

 

“…Hey.”

 

“Hi.” Minji responds, trying not to sound nervous. She watches as the Lee begins to approach her with quick steps. “I’ve been thinking about it and…” Just as she’s about to say anything more – Siyeon kisses her.  

 

This takes her by surprise. But Minji doesn’t push her away. Instead, she closes her eyes and reciprocates, cradling Siyeon’s head and deepening the kiss. Lips melting with one another. Back to this familiar, fuzzy warmth beating in their hearts.

 

When Siyeon pulls back, Minji’s eyes grow watery. She can’t believe this is happening. The woman of her life is right here, ready to listen.

 

“I’m not angry anymore.” Siyeon says. “I know I’ve acted rashly. I jumped too quickly to conclusions.” She pulls a chair over. “Let me hear it. Your side of the story.” The woman circles her thumbs around Minji’s hand, itching to pinch it again.

 

“It was never my decision to begin with, Siyeon.” Minji starts, finding the courage to speak. “My father assigned me an important job. It was to become close with you, in exchange I’d become a spy. I’d learn everything about your family’s business. But I want you to know that I’ve never once considered this a business-only relationship.”

 

Siyeon looks on patiently, waiting for Minji to continue. “Halfway into our fake relationship, I started to develop…feelings. That I began to care about you more than your family business. That I’ve come to love you for who you were and not because you were the heir.”

 

Minji sighs as she cups the Lee’s cheek. “That’s why when the time finally came, I couldn’t handle it. I couldn’t bear the thought of you realizing that this was all a play. When it wasn’t.”

 

“…So in the end, it all comes down to our families huh?” Siyeon asks. “Our families who have become so blinded with power. They made us like this.”

 

Minji doesn’t answer because it is the truth. A reality they cannot escape from.

 

“I’ll do something about it.” Siyeon concludes, already making her decision. She gets up from her seat but Minji stops her.

 

“What are you planning to do?”

 

Siyeon smiles. “Everything I can to save our relationship.”

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Yoohyeon doesn’t know what to say when Dami visits her. She tells herself to act like normal and not embarrass herself. But the Lee already knows what’s up. It’s far too obvious with how fidgety she is.

 

“Sorry.” Dami starts, eyes focusing on Bora and Handong working at the small table. “I won’t do that again.”

 

The brunette spaces out. “W-what?”

 

“It’s about the kiss right? Probably startled you. Sorry.” Dami clears , back still facing Yoohyeon.

 

“Hey. Turn around.” Yoohyeon says. But Dami doesn’t. The woman stays frozen. Now, the brunette is more on the blunt side when it comes to things like these. It’s something that Dami still can’t quite get used to. That’s why, when Yoohyeon drops the bomb, Bora gasps loudly with Handong covering .  

 

“Do you have feelings for me?”

 

A question that is loud and clear. A question that almost makes Dami jump. But the woman plays it cool. In fact, she chuckles at the absurdity of this situation. Definitely not what she had imagined.

 

“…And if I said I did?” Dami finally musters the courage to turn around and look at Yoohyeon. “What would you do?”

 

Yoohyeon opens , stunned. “W-wait!” She waves her hand. “You like me? Like seriously?” She points at herself, wondering if she’s just part of a circus performance.

 

“What the hell are you saying Kim Yoohyeon?! Of course she’s-” Bora yells but Handong covers , not wanting her exciting drama episode to be ruined.

 

Dami approaches Yoohyeon and grabs her wrist. “Here’s the proof.” She says and kisses the brunette on the lips. It’s quick. And when Dami retracts, Yoohyeon’s already a red tomato. Bora can be heard squealing from the sides.

 

“W-What the…” Yoohyeon stutters. “Lee Dami, don’t surprise me like that!”

 

“Then what do you want me to do? You still don’t believe it?” The Lee turns to look at Bora. “I don’t think I can kiss you again. It’s kind of embarrassing to be doing it in front of your sister, twice.”

 

Yoohyeon laughs. “It’s alright. Hey, kiss me again.”

 

Dami blinks. She scoffs and pulls away. “Nope. Not even a single chance. Anyways, I have to go check up on Gahyeon. I’ll text you.”

 

“W-wait! Hey! Lee Dami!”

 

The door closes and Yoohyeon is left with Bora beginning to . Wonderful.

 

At the same time, Siyeon heads to the luxury suite on the highest floor of Seoul Hospital. It’s where Mr. Lee and Mr. Kim are residing for their recovery. Greeting the bodyguards along the corridor, the woman knocks onto the door twice before waiting for the signal to enter.

 

“Father.” She bows in greet.

 

“I was just looking for you.” Mr. Lee says while struggling to breathe. With all the tubes attached to his body, recovery would definitely take awhile. But the man is a strong fighter.

 

“You were looking for me?” Siyeon asks.

 

Mr. Lee nods slowly and signals his secretary, Jo Seho over. The man hands a gun over to Siyeon.

 

“Now is our chance.” Mr. Lee says. “If you want to be king, my dear child, this is your only chance.” He orders. “Kill Mr. Kim and the rest of his family. Then only, we can finally reclaim back what is ours.”

 

Siyeon widens her eyes in shock. There’s no way. She’s certain the man has gone nuts at this point.

 

The woman stares at the pistol in her hands. It’s shaking. Out of anger. And also fear.

 

“…Yes Father. I will not disappoint you.”