Chapter 4

Pieces of You

Most predators strike immediately at the sight of their prey. But some are intelligent and wait patiently for the bigger prize. This defines the Lees and Kims perfectly. Running deep in history from the Joseon era to the World War periods, lots of blood were shed for the sake of power and wealth.

 

That’s why it is only logical for Dami to take advantage of Yoohyeon who has revealed her identity as a Kim. It is a predator’s instinct to tear down their own competitors for the sake of survival. Except, she doesn’t.

 

Dami chooses a route that will anger her ancestors. A shameful, cowardly act. But many would call it heroic for the woman has decided to protect Yoohyeon from her own kind.

 

“It’s all in the past.” Yoohyeon says. “Sure, our grandfathers probably tried to kill each other or something. But this is the 21st century. Who cares about old traditions? Don’t you think this is a great moment to change history? The Lees and Kims can be friends again!”

 

Despite her optimistic tone, Dami sighs. “It’s not that simple, Yoohyeon. We are different. I understand the Kims have become more open-minded in the recent years but not mine.” She clutches her hands together, torn at how this has come to be.

 

“So, are we just going to pretend we’re strangers now?” Yoohyeon asks sadly. Like a puppy refusing to part ways with its companion, Dami crosses her arms in thought. “No.” The Lee answers and looks at her. “We just have to be careful.” She hesitates but decides to pop the question,

 

“Do you trust me?”

 

Yoohyeon blinks once and without a second thought, she answers an enthusiastic, “Yes!”. While the girl has heard many stories of her relatives being fooled by the Lees, Yoohyeon genuinely believed that Dami is a good person with a good heart.

 

“I do trust you Dami. You’re my friend!”

 

Friend.

 

 

It’s a word that resonates deep inside Dami’s chest. She’s never really found anyone whom she can really call ‘friend’. All those girls swooning over here and pretending to be nice? It’s all an act so they can get a hold of her money and reputation.

 

But when she’s with Yoohyeon, it’s a friendship that doesn’t even feel fake. It’s honest. Natural. And absolutely normal.

 

“Sorry for leaving you in the dark a year ago.” Dami apologies. “Ddo Ddo passed away. That’s why I stopped coming to the Han River.”

 

Relieved that she’s finally able to deliver the news and clear up any misunderstands that were left frozen in that one year apart, Yoohyeon gasps.

 

“I’m so sorry about what happened to Ddo Ddo.” The brunette warmly hugs her. She pulls back and gives the Lee a pat on the shoulder. “I’m just glad that nothing happened to you. This is why you should’ve given me your phone number.”

 

Dami shakes her head with a chuckle. “Nope. I’m still not going to give you my phone number.”

 

“Oh, come on!” Yoohyeon whines, violently shaking the Lee back and forth.

 

“Maybe one day.” Dami chuckles and grabs onto her arm so that she’d stop moving. “At least now, I’ve found a new reason to visit the Han River again.” She pokes softly against Yoohyeon’s chest. “You.”

 

The woman turns away to look at the sky. “Let’s meet each other every weekend right here. What do you think?” Yoohyeon blinks at her and then laughs. She goes to hit Dami’s arm, expressing her delight. “Of course! We have so much to catch up!”

 

 

---

 

 

Siyeon reviews the blueprints given by her client, Rose Matter Inc.

 

One of the largest manufacturers of Seoul’s booming food and beverage industry. While it may not prove to be significant, but the Lee Corps hold nearly 70% of Rose Matter Inc’s shares. In a society thriving with food deliveries, packaging and utensils remains high in demand. With plans of building new factories on empty lands in Ulsan, an increased productivity will certainly speed up production to meet the market’s needs.

 

At a cozy, quaint café away from the afternoon crowd, Siyeon decided to become her father’s robot and keep her own thoughts locked inside. She feared being shunned from the family and wanted to show everyone that she is still capable as the heir.

 

“Yes. I think these are great.” Siyeon nods as the client thanks for her comments. “Once these are approved by the board, I’ll be sure to visit the construction site asap.” The woman signs on the paper and sends off her client with a 90-degree bow.

 

Now alone with her cup of coffee, the Lee has some time to kill before her next schedule. Seated in a corner, the woman quietly observes the café. There is a couple on her left, happily in their own world. A hardworking student studying at the far right. And…her eyes land on this beautiful woman at the counter.

 

Siyeon recognizes the outfit she’s wearing. It costs about three billion won. Bright, red hair flowing down her shoulders. She’s like a princess come into real life. In awe, Siyeon sneakily approaches the woman.

 

“Yes, I’d prefer it without any cream. Thank you.”

 

“That will be 5,000 won.”

 

“I can pay that for you.” Siyeon cuts in, casually leaning her arm on the counter. “A pretty woman like you deserves a treat.” She winks and hands her credit card to the cashier.

 

The red-haired lady stares at Siyeon, unamused.

 

“Well…since a kind stranger like you is willing to pay for me…” She turns to the cashier with a smile. “Can I order another Iced Americano, one slice of chocolate cake and some scones please?”

 

The cashier nods and starts beeping in the items. “That will be 35,000 won.”

 

Siyeon lets out a baffled laugh and stares at this ‘princess’ who literally took the advantage. No one has ever done that before.

 

“Handong!” Sua calls out and pulls the woman away from Siyeon.

 

“Sua unnie! Look, we’re lucky today. A kind stranger decided to pay for our meal.” Handong says, showing her hands to Siyeon who is standing there stunned.

 

Sua recognizes Siyeon. Or rather, she’s seen her all over the media. Definitely the talk of town. But that only means more reason for Sua to protect her identity as a Kim.

 

“Well, thank you very much Lee Siyeon for your kind gesture.” Sua bows with much politeness.

 

“Oh no. I should apologize for flirting with your girlfriend.” Siyeon says, giving glances at the two who seemingly match quite well.

 

Sua blushes. “H-Huh? We’re just friends.” She emphasizes.

 

“A pity I guess.” Siyeon shrugs and gets back her credit card. “Well, you two enjoy your meal.” She hands the receipt to Handong, gives a gentle bow and heads for the exit.

 

“Two iced americanos, one chocolate cake and scones are ready, ma’am.” The cashier says, laying out the tray.

 

Handong goes to collect the tray while Sua looks back at the windows, watching Siyeon leave. The two get a table at the back. As Handong is happily devouring the cake, Sua wonders if the woman is aware of her family’s rivalry with the Lees.

 

“Handong…do you know who that woman was earlier?”

 

The princess nods. “I do. That’s why I joked around with her.”

 

“Wow.” Sua chuckles with surprise. “You also know that the Lees don’t know anything about our identities, right?”

 

Handong puts her lips over . “Of course. Father told me everything. Don’t worry about it. It’s better to be more worried about that pitching competition.”

 

“Right.” Sua puts down her fork. “Let’s start discussing on that pitching competition. It’s very sudden for Father to suggest that but I think it’s a good move. We shouldn’t disappoint them.”

 

Handong nods and brings out her handphone. “Actually, I wrote down some notes here. I want to share with you some of my ideas.”

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Minji is called to her Father’s office for an emergency meeting.

 

A letter had arrived on Mr. Kim’s desk. The Lees have invited the Kim’s for a special dinner next weekend. The last time the two families met in person were 50 years ago.

 

“I can’t believe he’s doing this.” Mr. Kim clasps his hands, knowing very well that there is a clear motive behind it. The man thinks deeply, considering the various factors that could happen.

 

“I would not recommend it, Father.” Minji suggests.

 

“Of course. If I were to accept their invitation, I would be blindly running into a spider’s cobweb. Imagine the chaos when their daughter finds out who you really are. Not only will your undercover mission be blown, our ties will worsen.”

 

Minji gulps. That is her biggest nightmare: to have Siyeon realize her true identity.

 

Watching her father think deeply in silence, Minji stands there patiently. While of course, the man welcomes her own input and opinions but the woman herself is unsure how to handle a tough situation like this.  

 

“I’ll go alone.” Mr. Kim decides.

 

“Father!” Minji tries to stop him. “At least bring some bodyguards with you.”

 

“You make it seem like they’re going to kill me, my darling.” Mr. Kim chuckles. “It won’t happen. While the Lees have committed such crimes before, they wouldn’t be so daring to do that to me.” The man says with confidence. “After all, I have my own cards to play.”

 

Minji sighs. “Father…”

 

“Do not worry too much on this darling. Let the adults handle it.” Mr. Kim smiles. “Thank you for letting me know about the Lee’s plans on monopolizing the industry.”

 

“Siyeon mentioned it so of course, it was valuable information.” Minji answers.

 

“I am amazed that you’ve gotten that girl under your finger.”

 

Minji blushes, fully aware that her father knows what her relationship with Siyeon meant. It wasn’t just flirtatious. It had more to do with something…ual.

 

“You make me proud Minji. I am happy with your performance and I believe that you are already well-ready to take over my place.” Mr. Kim brims with pride. “Oh and by the way…” The man adds on at the sudden reminder.

 

 “Your sister will be participating in an international pitching competition with the Han’s daughter as a means to strengthen our bonds and improve our reputation.” The man explains. “The Han’s daughter will be staying over at our mansion for the next six months in preparation for the big day. I hope she will enjoy our kind hospitality before returning to China.”

 

“Right.” Minji nods, appreciating the updates from her father.

 

Usually, the woman is very busy with work and misses out a lot. Ever since she’s started this ‘undercover’ mission, Minji rarely has dinner with her family. Nights are spent in that same hotel room with Siyeon.

 

While she enjoys every single moment with the Lee, Minji does miss spending precious time with her family, especially her two sisters. She hasn’t spoken to them in awhile.

 

Their group chats have been rather full with Sua and Yoohyeon’s constant bickering. It brings a smile to her face to see them doing well. As the oldest, Minji wonders if she had done a good job at playing the ‘eldest sister’ role. The thought occurs to her out of curiosity as Minji wonders what Siyeon is like around her siblings.

 

“Unnie!” Gahyeon squeals at the sight of a black Audi at the entrance of her university. With windows rolled down, Siyeon is at the driver’s wheel with her sunglasses on.

 

“Hop on in! Unnie is bringing you home today!” Siyeon says, smiling at the sight of her sister excitedly getting into the car.

 

“What’s the occasion?” Gahyeon asks. Siyeon pouts in reply. “Oh? I’m supposed to have a reason to spend time with my baby sister?” The younger girl kisses Siyeon’s cheek in apology. “Nope. Not at all! Thank you for picking me up!”

 

While Siyeon bears a growing hatred for her father, she cherishes her sisters the most. The woman sees them as the only flowers blooming in this dying family blinded with greed. She makes time to catch up, even for a short minute.

 

“You know, Dami unnie has been acting pretty strange these days.” Gahyeon mumbles as Siyeon focuses on the road. “She started coming to the university to read her books. Like she could just go the library or do it at home…”

 

“Isn’t she there to make sure you’re not getting into any trouble?”

 

“No way!” Gahyeon gasps. “But then again, she also has this really tall friend and Dami asked me to be close with her. Sometimes, she’ll text me asking what her friend is doing. It’s so weird!”

 

Siyeon hums in thought. “Yeah, that is strange…” She turns to her sister. “What’s this girl’s name?”

 

“Yoohyeon.” Gahyeon replies. “Anything crosses your mind?” Siyeon shakes her head in reply.

 

As the car reaches the foot of the Lee mansion, Siyeon pulls the handbrake. “For all you know, our Dami might finally have a crush on someone.”

 

Gahyeon scrunches her eyebrow in disgust. “Ew!” Her adorable reaction has Siyeon breaking into a loud laughter. “Anyways, I’ll look into this Yoohyeon girl for you. Time for you to go. Remember to do your assignments!”

 

“You’re not coming home?” Gahyeon asks with a pout.

 

Siyeon smiles sadly. “Sorry. Unnie has another appointment.”

 

“You always have appointments…” Gahyeon mumbles as she gets out of the car.

 

“And make sure you sleep early!” Siyeon says as the girl slams the door. The Lee stays and waits until her sister reaches the front gate.

 

With a sigh, she continues her drive to the familiar road. Arriving at the same destination that gives her the flutters, it’s that time of the day again.

 

Her promised time with Jiu.

 

“You know, I met this pretty lady at the café today.” Siyeon says as they’re relaxing at the bed again after one round. Fingers already pinching Jiu’s hands, the Lee has her head resting on the woman’s bare shoulders.

 

“How pretty was she?” Jiu asks, closing her eyes to listen to her story. The woman loves to hear Siyeon talk. Even if she was talking nonsense, she enjoys her lowly voice just murmuring into her ear.

 

“Like a real princess from a fairy tale. She had this bright, red hair. Wore this super expensive dress. I actually offered to pay for her meal and guess what she did next?”

 

“She became flustered?”

 

“Nope! She took advantage of my kind offer and added extra things to her order!”

 

Minji laughs. “That teaches you a good lesson to not go around flirting with random strangers.”

 

“There goes my 35,000 won…” Siyeon sighs. “But of course, you’re so much prettier. If she’s a princess, then you are my queen.”

 

“Wow, I’m touched.” Minji says with much sarcasm.

 

“Unnie!”

 

Siyeon whines, leaving Minji laughing again. Even though Siyeon is pouting, her heart is pounding. The vibrations of Jiu’s laughter resonating in her chest is such a warm, fluttering feeling that she wants to experience it, over and over again.

 

“But this princess was with another girl. What was her name again…” Siyeon hums, trying to recall the memory. “Sua? The princess called her Sua unnie. She was kind of short and wow, I thought she was her girlfriend at first. But turns out they’re not together.”

 

Minji freezes. Sua. No one else in the country has the same name as her sister.

 

“…Unnie?” Siyeon calls, feeling the sudden tension in Jiu’s hands.

 

“O-Oh? Go on…”

 

As Siyeon continued to talk about her story, Minji’s mind slowly drifted into concerns building up in her head. There was no doubt that Siyeon had bumped into her sister, Sua and Handong at the café. This was dangerous.

 

One of these days, Minji might just bump into Siyeon and the secret will be out of the bag.

 

“Unnie? Is everything okay? You’ve sudden gone silent.” Siyeon asks with worried eyes.

 

Minji nods. “I guess I’m just tired from work…” It’s a lie.

 

But sometimes, lies are good because now Siyeon is getting up and sweetly massaging her shoulders.

 

“Aw…Siyeon…”

 

“I know. Work is tough. It’s tough for me too. Let’s hang on together, okay?” Siyeon kisses the back of Minji’s neck, pressing kisses down to her back. The woman hugs her warmly and snuggles underneath Minji’s arms.

 

“I love you.” Siyeon confesses.

 

Even though this isn’t the first time she’s said that to Minji but she wants to keep saying it. Coming from a family where such phrase is rarely heard, the Lee swore to never follow their example. She wants to continue expressing her feelings freely. From the bottom of her heart. 

 

“Love you too Siyeon. Come here.” Minji says as she pulls Siyeon closer to her arms. Hugging her like a pillow, she kisses her once. Twice. The couple start making out in bed.

 

Minji pulls back. “Stop biting me.”

 

“Oopsies.” Siyeon says as the two giggle and continue their kiss. Nothing but happiness blossoms in their hotel room.

 

 

---

 

 

Handong’s first stay at the Kim’s mansion starts with Sua giving her a tour around the twenty rooms, spacious gardens, dining halls and sleeping quarters. She also meets the family’s pets, Pie and Cherry who are taken care of by their butlers.

 

As the servants are busy transporting all of Handong’s luggage into her room, the two kill the time by enthusiastically working on their project. If it’s one thing the two had in common, they were both workaholics. Already in the study quarters, Sua starts drawing out diagrams on the board while Handong takes notes, occasionally giving suggestions on how to improve their ideas.

 

“Guys, it’s almost dinner time. The sun has set and- “

 

Yoohyeon walks into the room and pauses at the rather, cute sight. She covers and giggles quietly. Taking a photo to sister later, the brunette decides to come back later.

 

Exhausted after an outburst of energy, Sua and Handong are sleeping with their heads rested on the desk. Seated opposite each other, there are papers scattered everywhere. But amongst the mess, the two were holding hands whilst deep in dreamland.

 

“Oh my god, I am embarrassed…” Sua covers her face after seeing the picture Yoohyeon had taken earlier on. Seeing her sister’s smug expression, she was this close to beating her up. But of course, not at the dinner table.

 

Handong thanks Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim for their warm hospitality and expresses her gratitude for letting her stay at the mansion for the next six months. As a feast is served with stuffed chicken, steak and potato, the princess observes that there is an empty chair next to Yoohyeon.

 

Sua notices it and tells Handong about her oldest sister, Minji who is rarely at the table.

 

“Just in case you wake up in the middle of the night, don’t be frightened if you see someone walking by the corridor. That’s just my twin sister. Well, fraternal twin sister, Minji. She comes home late all the time as she’s very busy. You know, heir duties and stuff.”

 

“I see…your sister is a very hardworking woman like you.”

 

“Oh, please.” Sua chuckles and knocks Handong’s shoulder. Yoohyeon stares at the two.

 

“Look at you two getting so friendly.”

 

The brunette smirks and starts to open a conversation with Handong in full Mandarin. Immediately scoring her attention, the two start to engage in a full outburst of foreign language at the table.

 

Envious, Sua shouts, “Hey, don’t steal her!”

 

“Oh, come on, why are you so jealous for? At least you’re gonna be with Handong for almost every single day. I have classes!” Yoohyeon retorts.

 

Sua gasps, unable to attack back. Her parents laugh and the woman quietly returns to eating her meal.

 

“Sua.” Mr. Kim calls out. “I know you will do a great job with the pitching. Make me proud.”

 

Although the way her father said was somewhat burdensome, Sua found it odd that her father was giving praises out of nowhere. “Definitely father. I will promise you that we’ll get first place.”

 

Mr. Kim chuckles with a smile and watches his two daughters bicker again, each fighting for Handong’s attention. He looks at his wife and then, to the empty seat belonging to Minji. The man has a lot on his mind.

 

Secrets that he cannot tell, even to his own family.

 

 

---

 

 

Dawn has arrived.

 

Yellow lights illuminate the dark path up to the Kim’s mansion. The gates open at the white Tesla rolling into the porch. Minji stops the engine and gets out. She rubs onto the hickey planted by Siyeon and tries to hide it with her collar. While painful to the touch, Minji sees it as a medal adorned on her skin.

 

Quietly entering the house and heading upstairs, she gets ready to wash up and head for bed. Except today, she isn’t the last one awake. The door creaks open with two knocks.

 

“Unnie?”

 

Minji turns around, surprised. “Yoohyeon? Why aren’t you sleeping yet?”

 

The brunette laughs while scratching her head. “Uh… do you have a moment to talk?”

 

As the two sisters sit by the bed, Minji is all ears to hear what her younger sister has to say. In fact, she’s grateful to have a moment like this. Whenever Minji comes home, everyone is asleep. By the time she is awake, the house is empty as her family are all off for their own schedules. Her only mode of communication is through their group chats.

 

Yoohyeon asks with much caution. “What do I do if I were to…you know encounter a Lee?” Minji looks at her sister, stating the most obvious choice. “Brush them off. They don’t know our identities so it’s best to draw the line immediately.”

 

“No, but I meant the Lee sisters, specifically. You know how they’re always so famous. All over social media, the talk of town, blah blah blah.”

 

Minji stares at the brunette who is behaving a bit unusual. It doesn’t take much to piece the puzzle together. “Are you…hiding something from me?”  

 

Yoohyeon flinches. She screwed up already. “H-Huh? No. No! Not at all. Why would I?” The obvious stuttering has Minji sighing. “Oh, Yoohyeon. I see that you’re still a terrible liar.”

 

The brunette whines and eventually surrenders. “Fine. Fine! But promise you won’t tell anyone. Please?” She clasps her hands together in a prayer.

 

“Promise.”

 

“Okay so…”

 

Yoohyeon starts to explain about her situation with Dami. How she first met the Lee while taking Pie out for a walk at the Han River. How they eventually became friends and continued to meet every weekend until Ddo Ddo’s passing. And how they reunited again at her university.

 

“Basically. Lee Dami and I are friends.” She concluded.

 

Minji smiles softly after listening to her sister’s careful explanation. Yoohyeon has grown a lot. Long gone were the days where the little Yoohyeon would cry and bawl whenever she’s put in a corner. Now, she’s brave, confident and able to thoroughly express her real opinions without any fear.

 

“Thank you for telling me that.” Minji holds Yoohyeon’s hand. “If you truly believe and trust that Lee Dami will not betray your back, then I think there should be nothing to worry about. Sometimes, you have to keep your enemies closer.”

 

“But she’s not our enemy. It’s just father and…”

 

“I know.” Minji cuts in. “Our family is complicated and its better to not delve too much into the details. But let me share with you one thing.”

 

“What?”

 

Minji whispers into the brunette’s ear. “Lee Siyeon is actually…my girlfriend.”

 

“You- WHAT-“

 

Minji quickly covers Yoohyeon’s mouth, hoping her shout did not wake up the entire household.

 

“Unnie, what the hell?!” Yoohyeon whispers with much surprise. “Oh god. I….wow…”

 

She gasps, trying to process this information that has been injected into her brain. The brunette cannot even imagine it. The sight of that flirtatious Siyeon with her respected sister? No way. The Lee Siyeon actually doing her sister in bed? Oh god, Yoohyeon is going to puke.

 

“I’m out. I’m leaving this room.” Yoohyeon whines, getting up but Minji pulls her back.

 

“Yoohyeon-ah, the reason why I’m telling you this.” She says, holding onto Yoohyeon tight. “This was father’s idea. Like I said, you have to keep your enemies even closer. There is always a reason behind everything.”

 

The brunette stares at her sister with a confused look. “Then, are you saying that your feelings to Lee Siyeon is fake? Like its all a setup?”

 

Minji doesn’t answer. Instead, she tells Yoohyeon to go to bed. “It’s getting late. Don’t you have classes tomorrow?”

 

“How can I sleep after knowing that you are dating t-that- ew!” Yoohyeon pretends to puke, leaving Minji laughing.

 

“But unnie, I hope that you’re happy in a relationship. I don’t want you to be forced to express your love to someone that you don’t even like. Being happy is important!” The brunette says with a smile. “Good night unnie. Thank you so much for the talk!”

 

“Good night Yoohyeon.”

 

As the door closes, Minji lies down on her bed and exhales a deep sigh. She looks at her hand, still feeling the warmth of Siyeon’s pinching lingering behind. The woman knows that she must be prepared.

 

When the day finally comes, she is going to have to choose between love or family.

 

 

 

---

 

 

Far from the city, away from the crowd and in a secluded, private pension. Mr. Kim arrives alone in his personal car. All dressed up in a neat tuxedo, he exhales a deep sigh. Sending one last message via his phone, the man drops it into a hidden compartment and exits the car.

 

“I’m glad that you’re decided to meet, Mr. Kim.”

 

Mr. Lee greets as he stands by the entrance. The latter bows as the two kings politely shake hands. Exchanging tense glances, Mr. Lee offers Mr. Kim to sit down at a table inside the empty pension. Not a single soul is around. Only the two men with their lit cigars.

 

“Congratulations.” Mr. Kim starts. “I heard your plans on expanding the industry by building more factories. You are well on your way to monopolizing it.”

 

“And congratulations to you on scoring a good partnership deal with the Chinese.” Mr. Lee responds.

 

The men chuckle as the air grows heavy.

 

“Our grandfathers have been through a lot. Blood. Death. Why bother continuing this war? It’s tiresome, isn’t it?” Mr. Lee asks as he blows another cigar into his mouth. “The world would be a better place if everyone became friends. Imagine how much stronger we’d become if the Kim and Lees merged together.”

 

“If the Kim and Lees merged together, it would become a monopoly. Unhealthy for the economy and unfair for the society.” Mr. Kim interrupts as he clasps his hands. “But of course, I agree that this century-old rivalry has to stop.”

 

“The only way we can stop it is through two ways, my old friend.” Mr. Lee stares at the man. “I definitely don’t want to do the second choice.”

 

“I am afraid an alliance would not be possible. If that is what you’ve come seeking for, I will have to politely refuse your offer.”

 

“Oh, what a stubborn prick you are.” Mr. Lee smirks as he suddenly takes out a gun from his coat, pointing it directly at Mr. Kim’s forehead.

 

However, at the same time, Mr. Kim too has a gun hidden underneath his sleeve. The two men are now pointing guns at each other. Tension rising between the kings, each striving to achieve and protect their own power.

 

“I knew you were going to do this.” Mr. Kim says, eyeing on the man. “This is not a wise move. You still have a family. We still have a family. Death will only bring more suffering and regret.”

 

“Oh, you don’t need to teach me anything. Did you forget that I’m the older one here?”

 

Mr. Kim rolls his eyes. “Still following the hierarchy, I see.” The man clicks his gun. “Put it down and I will too.”

 

Mr. Lee hums. “So, you want to play this game?”

 

“Sure.”

 

With each passing second, the guns refuse to back down. Sweat rolling down their cheeks. Eyes all on each other. It takes only one move. One mistake. One slip and…

 

Bang!

 

A loud gunshot resonates into the pension.