A day with the wife part 2

The Other Woman?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is that Chris calling?" Wendy seriously asked the now frozen Irene. 

 

"Y-es it's him."

 

"You want to answer him?"

 

"Of course not!" Irene then grabbed her phone quickly ending the call before slamming it on the table face down. 

"Chris is in Tokyo so why is he calling you from Tokyo"

"I didn't even know he was in Tokyo."

"Then why is he calling you at all?" 

"I don't know Wendy! And I don't care!"

 

Irene stood up from her chair and walked closely towards the shocked Wendy before pointing her finger at her chest. Looking down she said, 

"So will you please stop looking at me like that, like I'm fooling you. I'm not the liar in this story! I'm-" Irene deeply sighs before continuing her words. 

"Trust me please."

Wendy nods her head and gently puts her hand over the other woman's shoulder tapping her fingers lightly.

"Okay Irene I-I'm so sorry" 

 

Irene closed her eyes hard, calming herself knowing her anger must have been so much towards the innocent wife. She can't help it, she's always been like that, angry and mad inside and outside her office. Maybe it's the stress or the workload that's why it became a part of her already, to always be hard on people.

Irene knows deep inside that it's kind of awkward for both of them already so she immediately turns her back at Wendy and walks fast towards her bar counter.

 

"I think I need a drink. "

 

Wendy stood up quickly from what Irene just said, and followed her.

"What? Bae, it's barely eight am in the morning. So no, you won't be drinking"

"It's my home Mrs. Park, you want to have breakfast? Then not here, go outside, buy one, cause I don't do breakfast here and I'm not sorry." Irene said, thinking if what she said sounds rude and it will drive the wife away. She patiently waits for her reply as she grabs a bottle of gin. 

 

"Then I'll cook."

"Also, don't call me that surname anymore please, it disgusts me, okay? My real, complete and beautiful name is Wendy Shon, by the way." the wife with her playful smirk, winks to the other woman throwing a finger gun after she politely introduced herself.

 

"And nice to meet you too, starfish."

 

Irene looked at Wendy with wide open in which the wife noticed and made her walk to close Irene's mouth herself before going to the kitchen. The owner of the house was just staring at the wife the whole time. 

 

"The last time I was here, you only got packs of ramen, so I'm hoping that you already went to the market to buy some groceries yourself." Wendy said before opening the woman's pantry. 

"I f-forgot, I wasn't able to-"

"And yes, I expected that to be your answer also, now let go of that bottle of gin Irene. Sit here."

Irene had absolutely no idea how or why but she slowly let go of the bottle and then went to Wendy's place and sat at the kitchen counter.

 

this feels so domestic, it's getting weird I hate it here, also I hate her for real  

 

While watching Wendy work her magic in Irene’s kitchen, the wife suddenly place a glass of milk in front of her saying, 

"Milk before gin."

 

Irene just look at her angrily, eyebrows together with her brown eyes striking like it could kill the other person, but Wendy just smiles at her. 

 

Then suddenly, Irene's eyes get wide when she remembers that she in fact is not jobless and she indeed has a meeting in the afternoon, a very important meeting. The thought of working while she got a visitor suddenly made her temple hurt. She then looks at the woman who's now smiling and slowly placing the food in front of her. 

 

Urgh Wendy Shon why are you in my life and why are you always smiling.

 

Without a choice, Irene stood up from her stool and decided to pick up her phone in the living room and dial Yeri's number. 

 

***

 

"My boss , good morning! Aren't we too early for today's call? "

"Yeri clear my sched for today."

"Every schedule? But today's sched-"

"Am I clear? "

"Yes, boss absolutely! May I know the reason? Wait let me guess, you got a new papi there, aren't you?"

Irene just grunts at her assistant's judgement

"Yeri, no other reason. Or maybe my foot got stock in the toilet so I can't remove it I don’t know, and also why am I even explaining you're not the boss here"

"Got ya , boss! You can't hide from me. Anything else you want me to do? "

"Oh why not include tomorrow's schedule, please clear that day also. My foot is still stuck until tomorrow, bye Yerms."


***

 

"Why is my table full of vegetable dishes? I think I'm gonna pass out."

"Oh shut up Irene, seems like you aren't a big fan of veggies because they were the only food left. So you're definitely gonna eat them now, don't make them feel bad. It tastes good, because I cook them." 

"You're starting to sound like my mom, Wendy can I just eat the cake you gave me? "

"You can, after. Finish that first."

Irene is now having second thoughts, whether to eat the alien food in front of her or run away from this woman, who now looks like she's gonna get herself killed if she refuses. 

Irene then picks up her spoon that made Wendy smile at her action. 

 

Things we do for... cute cake with a cute pink ribbon.


***


STAGES OF BEING DRUNK FEATURING WENRENE

 

STAGE 1: SOBRIETY 
few sips,  nothing but a chill get to know each other talk

 

The two women finished their late breakfast peacefully with Irene hiding the fact that for the first time in her life, vegetables tasted good. But of course she had to act like it's nothing special, that's who she is. 

They have decided to settle down at her balcony right in front of the city, with wine, gin and whiskey at the table. "The more, the messier" Irene thought. 

 

"It's been a while since I've seen structures like this, I miss them"

"What do you do in life, Wendy?"

"Right now? Nothing, a home alone wife? Is that what they call it?"

"You mean, housewife." Irene chuckles.

"O yeah right, a housewife, a pretty one. I'm an engineer by the way, civil. " 

 

Ooh, a nerd.

 

"Yes, I'm a nerd. And talented and pretty, what about it?" 

"I didn't say you're a nerd. "

 

"Your face says it, stop lying to me!" Irene just smiles at her antics.

“Based on your nerd story,  let me guess. Seoul National University? Full time scholar? “

 

"Nope,  Juilliard." 

 

"You're so corny, Miss Shon"

Wendy's clownery is making her drink more from her glass, she really is something.

 

"I'm from MIT, undergrad, PhD in Harvard, too nerdy for your own liking? Am I?"

 

Oh she came from the west, well that’s new, she’s too simple, I didn’t catch that. But, well oh that explains the cute crop top and the lack of layers and no coats in this cold ing weather.

 

“So you’re imported? “
“Nope, just for study. This girl is a hundred percent made in Korea!”

"PhD why? You wanna teach?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter