Kang Land - part 2

The Other Woman?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Long Night

 

The two are seated on a table for two, as they check for the menu. Wendy was brought to this elegant restaurant by Irene, and the wife just couldn't stop being captivated by the upscale interior design.The yellow lightning that emphasizes the theme of its luxurious sculptural construction. And Irene was simply delighted when she saw Wendy's expression as they entered the restaurant, figuring that the wife must like seeing lovely artworks.

 

“You’re geeking.” Irene said as she put the menu at the table.

 

“This is too fancy for me Irene, do you normally eat at places like this? It feels like Princess Diana is coming out somewhere any minute now. Wait, I haven't seen the menu, I bet it’s pricey.” Wendy whispers leaning forward making sure that the boss can hear her.

 

Irene still can’t believe that the wife is indeed a cheap and humble person, that a mere chandelier and menu price is making her whisper stuff to her. What an adorable person this woman is.

 

“This is not ‘too fancy’ for you Wendy, you are overreacting. Bill is on me rich girl, pick anything you wanna eat.”

 

“I am not a rich girl, my husband is.”

 

“Liar.”

 

“I swear I’m not lying, why does everybody think I’m lying whenever I say I’m not rich.” Wendy said as a pout forms on .

 

“Because we all know you’re lying.” Irene said as she sipped her wine.

 

“Hmm well, maybe you all just don’t know me?” The wife innocently said hoping that she’s right.



 

“Okay then let me know you.” The boss replied smoothly like an experienced woman that she is, which caught Wendy off guard and frozen for the nth time tonight.


 

Smooth like butter Irene, nice move, you still got it. Look at her face like a lost deer, so cute. Irene thought, smirking at her own act.

 

 

“Tell me more about yourself, Wendy Shon.” She swirls the glass of wine and drinks it, as she puts the glass down, she then looks at the wife’s anxious eyes and winks at her.


 

Too much attention from Irene has made the wife so nervous, that she is now coughing like a wild woman inside the classy restaurant, choking on her own tongue. Irene just reaches to her and gives the woman a glass of water while chuckling.

 

“What is this Shon?”

 

“You startled me unniee! Even at the parking lot you keep on doing that, what’s going on with you today?”

 

“What? I'm serious though I wanna know more about you.” Irene said, now back to her serious face and the wife just agreed and nodded her head.

 

I think I’m scaring her, okay let me take this slow.

 

“Or about your day? Or about your week? Anything.” Irene added cause she thinks that maybe her actions are too forward for the other. It might scare the wife.

 

“Oh okay okay, I’d be happy to tell you then!” Wendy said with a huge smile on her face nodding her head like a kid.

 

 

“First, I’m happy to tell you that I had a successful alcohol free week, yes I’m trying to detox so that I can think clearly. And I’m so happy with my sobriety!”

 

“I'm proud of you.”

 

“Also I’m out of the company today, officially! I’m jobless, like, completely kicked out of the Kangs!” Wendy said with a huge smile even clapping for her great achievement.

 

Oh wow, this is the first time that I’d see a person that happy because she’s jobless. Wait Kangs?

 

“You got kicked out from your job? You're jobless?” Irene asked the wife because she is totally clueless right now and dumbfounded about the news.

 

“Oh wait let me rephrase that sorry, I’m officially resigned from a company named Kang Land you kno-”

 

“Kang Land? You’re from Kang Land? The Kang Corp? You-” The shocked Irene can’t believe what she heard, because they worked with them on multiple occasions but the wife just cut her questions out, like how she always does.

 

“Yes anyways it’s not that biggie deal cause... I was just an e-employee-” Irene noticed the movement of Wendy’s eyes and it seems like she’s limiting herself from telling more.


 

“Wendy, you're a bad liar, you know? You can be honest with me.” The boss gave her warmest smile to Wendy for her to be comfortable and loosen up a bit.


 

“Okay well… I resigned from my job as a COO of Kang Land just toda-” Irene almost spits the beef steak on Wendy’s innocent face with her shocking revelation, and the wife’s reaction while telling it is nothing, like it really isn’t a big deal.

 

THIS WOMAN! AND SHE SAID IT…IT ISN'T A BIG DEAL?! I TREAT HER LIKE A KID AND NOW SHE’S A COO?

 

“Yah Shon Wendy! You’re a con! Or a fraud or whatever that sht is, who are you?” The wife keeps on apologizing and bowing to the older woman because she knows that she pretty much lied about her status and everything so it’s not a surprise to see her this shocked. So she moved her chair beside Irene and wiped her stained cheeks and white top with the table napkin.

 

“I’m sorry, okay? Unnie I’m sorry.” Wendy whispers and gives the woman a glass of water.

 

“First you told me you were poor, and then I saw your house, so you lied. And then before, you also told me you’re jobless and coinless and now you’re a COO? You lied so much Wendy, is there any more shocking news so that you can pour everything on me tonight?” Irene whispers back but in an aggressive tone, and Wendy knows that if they are in a different place and not in the restaurant they might already be shouting at each other already.

 

“I’m sorry unnie, but I'm pretty much a big liar whenever I’m drunk. And we’re always drunk together, so it’s totally not my intention to lie, well kinda.” Wendy said, convincing the older, but the latter’s response is just a straight face.

 

“C’mon unnie, promise I’m not gonna lie anymore, to you, ever.” Wendy promised while raising her pinky finger even putting it over her chest. While the boss is still scrutinizing her whole being Wendy then looks at her innocently like she’s about to say something out of norm again.



 

“Don’t look at me like a puppy Shon.” Irene then rolls her eyes at younger and sips her water.



 

“Actually unnie, I’m also the daughter of Michael Kang, you know him?” The wife looked at Irene with her puppy eyes just in case the older one would be flipped again. But Irene is not saying anything, she just looks at Wendy dumbfounded and her eyes blinks more than it normally should.


 

 

 

 

“Okay Bae you are scaring me, you are not saying anything. You wanna go now? Let’s go? Yes, that silence means we need to get out of this peaceful, pretty place.” Wendy nervously asked Irene, even holding the latter’s arm to make sure she’s okay.

 

 

“Let me pay this unnie hehe and then let’s go home” The wife put out her black card and called the waiter, still looking apologetically to the scary Irene.


 

“Do you want me to drive?” Wendy asked the older and still got no response.




 

“Yes Wendy, you’re gonna drive Shon Wendy.”

 

 

___________

 

If somebody’s gonna take a peek inside Irene’s head to see what’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter