The Wife - part 1

The Other Woman?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While making this chapter, I listened to these stripped songs Grave Digger and Cringe by Matt Maeson.

It's a good song actually kinda heartbreaking too lol anyways so if you want I hope you listen to it while reading, cause those songs mirror what Wendy really felt in her marriage. That's all thank you for waiting :)

........


It's already 10:00 pm when Wendy came home from the Bae's house, exhausted and emotionally drained. 

 

She enters their supposedly lovely and cozy room and there she saw the least person she wanted to encounter for today 

or maybe her entire life,

her husband.


Her husband is sleeping peacefully on their bed looking like he's the most loyal and kindest person in Wendy's life. 

 

Wendy looks at the man with pain and hate in her eyes.

The tears now slowly falling, 

again,

for the wrong person. 


The woman slowly kneels down on the floor, bloodshot eyes as she covers her own mouth with her shaky hands to hide the sound of her heavy cries. Wendy thought, 

 

    Just by looking at you, I'm already breaking. 

I'm so dumb Chris, I'm so dumb and naive that I let you do this to me, how could you? 

I chose you over my path, for you to only break me? I hate you Chris so much, 

but I guess I hate myself more. 

 

Wendy turned her back from her sleeping husband and went straight to her closet.

I can't look longer at him right now, I might kill him. I need time for myself.

 

....


 
The woman walks toward the bar area, grabs bottles of gin and glass. 

Walking around their own home, she looks at the interior, focusing on the grey wall. The wall that they both painted weeks before their wedding.

Suddenly the woman reminisced about everything from the beginning, those moments when she thought she finally found her safe home. 

 

She remembers how Chris approached her in that bar counter, he's a gentleman that's why she didn't push him away like how she always does with men. 

She remembers how he took care of her, whenever she's having a breakdown during her hard time studying for her doctoral degree.

How he was the only man that Wendy introduced to her parents not minding the gap between their age. Because she thought that he was the perfect man for her and it would make her parents happy. 


How she said yes, 
to that marriage proposal. 


  We built this home, I was the engineer and its interior designs were mostly your choice, 

that's because I wanted this home to be connected to us. 

I wanted this home to be, us. 

Tears now again flowing constantly along with her pain and heartaches.  

  But I guess you have a different plan after all, 

  a plan without me.

 The paint of our home is so beautiful and hypnotizing that it was able to hide the rotting truth behind it. 

 Or maybe I'm just a bad engineer.
Cause the foundation of this so-called home is not enough to support our marriage, not enough to make you honest with me. 

What did I do, Chris? What do I lack? Why me? 

 All this time this ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter