Kang Land

The Other Woman?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It isn't a typical day for the wife Wendy, on a Monday morning, she's dressed in her go-to casual office attire: cream slacks and a white button-up shirt. But today, she chose to put on a blue blazer and finish her look with her black stilettos, just enough to show everyone in the building that she's doing good and not going crazy.

 

The woman known and liked by the staff as the sunshine boss, has returned and is currently beaming at them, returning the bows sent to her as she goes through the hallways of a high-rise building owned by the Kang Land, Inc.

 

Kang Land, Inc. is the real estate (malls, housing and condominiums) division of Kang Corporation, one of the largest and most diversified businesses in Korea. Kang Corporation manages various business interests in real estate, banking, and telecom. Their company is well-known in the business world, but the heir sisters choose not to be under the limelight — instead allowing their Kang cousins to face it.

 

"Unnie finally you are back! I thought you're gonna leave me here in this hell hole alone!" Wendy simply smiled at her sister's warm-ish welcome.

 

"Good morning to you too, my favorite sister who I love the most." The wife greets her sister, Seulgi, with an embrace, swaying the latter like a kid in her mom's embrace.

 

"You have no choice, I'm your only sister unnie and this 'resigning from your position' thingy is making you a lot more greasy and making my life horrible. Are you intoxicated again?" Seulgi stated as she was checking on her sister's physical wellbeing.

 

"Can you please invite me into your office first, before you criticize me." Wendy replied to her sister.

 

"And no I am not drunk, I'm on a whiskey prohibition for the entire week so that I can talk to you about this while being sober and not lying." The wife continued.

 

"Oh yea right you're the greatest gibberish liar, whenever there's a drop of liquor in your system."

 

"Hey I tell the whole truth sometimes!"

 

...

 

"Are you really sure about this unnie? Can you at least give me an explanation concerning your retirement as the COO of our company? You built this subsidiary on your own, remember? Kang corporation doesn't even have real estate, before you. At a very young age you gave Kang Corporation a new source of expertise and-" Seulgi was unable to continue her long monologue, when her sister interrupted her on purpose.

 

"Shh Seul, I hope you're aware that you sound eerily similar to our parents right now. Oh my I'm so proud of you baby. You truly deserve to be the successor of this house."

 

"Unnie I'm the heir, because you're a badass and you refuse to comply with our parents' requests. I don't even know if I am capable of handling everything you manage. You have the drive for this unnie and the brain too, why leave it to me?" Seulgi asked her big sister, seeking an open and honest response.

 

"We all know you are the true blooded Kang in here my dear, I'm a Son. We already talked about this." Wendy replied lightly, not staring at Seulgi's eyes, hoping for the topic to divert.

 

"But you are my sister unnie in my heart and on the papers, you are a Son and a Kang. You are entitled to be an heir in every way. "

 

"I was an orphan before our parents took me in, and I am grateful for everything they have done for me since the beginning. And this is how I give back, by being the best mentor for you bear."

 

"Unnie…” Seulgi tried to speak, but her sister's sentiments had such an impact on her. Her sister is indeed a kind and a selfless, wonderful person. It's her sister's personality that she will never get used to.

 

“But you have more experience than me, you're a lot smarter than me."

 

"Seul, I never had a doubt of getting out of the position because I believe that the one who will manage after me has the potential to be the greatest business owner in the world. God knows that your passion is greater than mine. I see it in you, which is why I've never given it a second thought."

 

"But you’re the one with multiple degrees in MIT not me." Seulgi butts in again, causing her sister to sneer.

 

“Stop it, Kang Seulgi, I know what you're up to. And I was simply testing my abilities, you know how competitive I was back then. I wanted to learn and do everything the moment I tasted a tiny amount of freedom. What a Jerk, that girl named Wendy.” Wendy said as she reminisced about her past.

 

“Still, your talent as a civil engineer is what made you build this, I really don't get you."

 

"I know Seul, and I've given so much of myself to this family…” Wendy took a deep breath before continuing.

 

“I've reached the point where I don't have anything left in me. This time bear, I am choosing myself." The COO looked straight at her younger sister’s eyes.

 

"Unnie I'm sorry that our parents consumed and exhausted you since you were young. You didn't even get to enjoy your youth since they were constantly after you and pushing you to manage a huge business."

 

“Why are you apologizing? Stop it.”

 

Seulgi looked at her sister with admiration and pain but the latter just smiled genuinely at her, like she always does. Smiling at everything, her unnie Son Seungwan.

 

"I respect our parents so much, I respect our family. I'm forever thankful that this family accepted someone like me. They were on the verge of losing hope because they couldn't have their own child, but I never stopped praying for you to be born. You're a treasure to them Seulgi, and you are a blessing to me." Wendy gave a gentle smile while holding her sister's arm.

 

"Unnie thank you. Okay I'm not stopping you anymore, I just want you to be genuinely happy."

 

"I'm not going anywhere, I'm always behind you. I trained all my life to become the best mentor for you bear, I'll be your dumbledore!" Wendy exclaimed as she stood up while waving her pointer finger like a wand towards her sister.

 

"You're being such a greasy dad again."

 

"Okay now, give me the papers so I can sign them. At the moment, I’m still your boss."

 

"How's oppah? Is he taking care of you well?"

 

Wendy came to a halt as soon as she heard the statement, gulping in her parched throat before responding,

 

"Oh, yeah Chris? Yes of course, still a sweet guy."

 

"Unnie I still don't know how you fell for him though. Remember how much I cried before when I didn’t want you to marry him cause he looked scary for me."

 

Wendy simply smiles and shakes her head at her sister's thoughts. I should have listened to you, bear; it appears that your unnie isn't really that wise at all.

 

"But look at where you guys are now, in the fourth year of your marriage. I'm so happy for you unnie."

 

"Yeah right." Wendy replied, paired with her fake smile.

 


 

In RedEnt CEO’s office the duo are having their non regular lazy lunch break, usually the two are in a restaurant or a lunch meeting, but today the boss just chose to be inside her office and eat fast food with her assistant.

 

"Yow boss, your pouty lips can reach the other side of the room, and your eyebrows will combine soon, what's up? That phone ain’t gonna grow a head. "

 

"Yeri, I'm bored."

 

"Wow Miss Bae Irene for the first time in her working career said that she's bored! You got a lot of papers on your table, in case you're looking for something to do." The younger one pointed her lips at her boss’ table.

 

"I don't like that."

 

"What?"

 

The older woman just groans and stumps her feet like a kid while she's sitting lifelessly on her office chair, still staring at her phone.

 

"I think I know what's making you bored, but I'm not gonna tell you." Yeri mocked the older, making her sit properly.


 

"What is it?." Irene asked her full attention now at Yeri.

 

"You tell me." Yeri commanded but the older one just stared at her for quite a long time.



 

"Because of her."

The boss whispers looking down at the floor trying to hide her blushing cheeks.



 

"What, who? I can't hear you clearly?"

 

"Wendy Shon, she's not calling or texting me. It's been two weeks already!"

 

"You miss her. You miss your boyfriend's wife?" Yeri lifelessly stated the obvious to the older one.

 

"No I don't!"

 

"Just do the first move unnie, you are acting like a teenage love struck right now." Yeri stated, rolling her eyes.

 

"I'm not a teenage- teenage lo-, I am not anything okay. I'm just worried cause, she's my friend." Irene tried to persuade the younger, but the latter just sneered at her.

 

"Why are you looking at me like that, I'm telling the truth!"

 

When Yeri's personal phone received a message from a familiar individual, she smirked at her employer, who seemed confused at her assistant's current demeanor.

 

"What Yeri?"

 

"I guess, your wish is my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter