Talking to her

Her name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 5

 

 

 

“Hyung!”

 

Jungkook couldn’t keep himself from hugging Taehyung early in the morning.

 

He went to pick him up at his house to come to work together.

 

“Are you still mad at me?”

 

He was following Taehyung around the house.

 

It was the day after they came back from Thailand.

 

And the first day they would go back to the company and see Jisoo after showing his drunken behavior.

 

“Jisoo didn’t even hear me.. why are you still mad at me?”

 

Taehyung glared at him.

 

Jungkook gulped.

 

It’s very rare for Taehyung to get mad but these days, he’s always getting mad at him.

 

“You’re lucky she didn’t hear you spitting your nonsense or else-..”

 

Taehyung sighed.

 

“Just be more careful..” he said before going out of his room and going downstairs to the kitchen.

 

Jungkook clung himself to him like a koala.

 

“And don’t drink anymore!” Taehyug raised his voice. “I wonder why Lisa isn’t quitting her job.. If I were here, I would already leave you! You are always doing crazy stuff and she ends up cleaning after you..”

 

Taehyung pushed him away from him and drank some water before facing him.

 

“I’m telling you this seriously.. don’t do that again..” he said as his eyes sharpened.

 

Jungkook nodded.

 

“I’m sorry hyung.. I promise I won’t say anything to Jisoo again..”

 

Taehyung continued drinking water.

 

“How about dating her instead?” asked Jungkook.

 

Taehyung choked on the water and spit it all over his clothes.

 

“Why do you look so surprised? You two are both adults.. your are at the right age to date.. you are a successful business man and Jisoo is a fine woman..” said Jungkook. “Plus.. your mom would love it..”

 

Taehyung wiped his clothes with a clean cloth and threw it on Jungkook.

 

“Submit your resignation today..” he said as he went back upstairs to change his clothes.

 

Jungkook smiled.

 

“You don’t mean that, do you?” he said in a loud voice.

 

“But I meant what I said before..” he whispered to himself as he took some juice from the fridge.

 

 

———————-

 

 

Jisoo had just received a call from Taehyung saying he would come a little later than usual to the company.

 

She turned the lights on inside his office and started organizing his desk.

 

Sir Taehyung usually comes to work even earlier than the working hours but why is he late today?

 

After what happened at the restaurant, she has constantly been thinking about him.

 

She put him in a really embarrassing situation!

 

He must be thinking weirdly of her now and she can’t blame him for that!

 

But she can’t help but admire his kindness.. 

 

He has such a great heart..

 

He told her it was fine.. and even comforted her..

 

Others would have been shocked but he remained calm and tapped her arm gently to stop her from crying..

 

Not only that.. he let her sleep on his shoulders on the plane and also on the taxi..

 

She kept wondering to herself why he would have to pay 150 dollars at the taxi driver that night..

 

Did Sir Taehyung wait for her to wake up? Didn’t he want to disturb her from her sleep?

 

Where else would she find a boss like him? He is definitely an angel..

 

That’s why she needs to work hard for him.. she will!

 

She sat back on her desk again and was checking on Taehyung’s agenda that day when a beautiful woman in black sunglasses who seemed to be in her forties was seen approaching.

 

She was slender and tall.. she was wearing branded stuff from head to toe..

 

She walked past by Jisoo’s desk and peeked at Taehyung’s office.

 

She must be looking for Sir Taehyung.. but who is she?

 

Jisoo was observing her.

 

“How may I help you?

 

She asked hesitating.

 

The woman turned to her and put her glasses down.

 

“You must be new here..” the woman said smiling at her. “Are you my Taehyung’s secretary?”

 

Jisoo nodded her head shyly.

 

The woman just called her boss as “hers”..

 

Is Sir Taehyung perhaps into older women?

 

“I am not his lover..” said the woman. “I’m his mom.. my name is Stella..”

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened.

 

She didn’t know she was her boss’ mother.

 

How could someone who looks this young be his mother?

 

She stood up right away and bowed her head deeply.

 

“It’s fine.. everyone usually thinks I’m his girlfriend or sister..” she was laughing at Jisoo’s reaction.

 

Jisoo kept her head lowered down. She’s making more embarrassing moments in her life day by day..

 

“What’s your name Miss?”

 

“I’m Kim Jisoo.. pleased to meet you Madame-..?”

 

Jisoo reached her hand to her.

 

“Just call me mom..” she said grabbing Jisoo’s hand and squeezing it.

 

“I’m sorry?”

 

“I really wanted a daughter honestly.. but that punk.. I mean Taehyung came instead.. so just call me mom..” she told Jisoo smiling while looking at her.

 

Jisoo felt even more embarrassed.

 

How would she even address Sir Taehyung’s mom as her mom?

 

“Are you single?”

 

Jisoo’s eyebrows raised. That was fast.. and sudden..

 

“I am..” she replied.

 

Stella’s eyes became bright as if she were staring at something shining in front of her..

 

Someone that could be the answer to all her questions..

 

“My son is also single.. what do you think of-...?”

 

Then they both heard a loud voice coming from the other side of the floor..

 

“Mom!”

 

They both turned to him.

 

It was Sir Taehyung who has just arrived.

 

Jisoo has never heard him shout nor raised his voice..

 

His gentle and soothing voice just became...

 

Could she say manlier? 

 

“Goodmorning Sir..” she said bowing her head to him.

 

Taehyung looked at Jisoo first before holding his mother’s arms and dragging her inside his office.

 

“Let’s talk inside mom..” he said pushing her towards the couch and closing the door.

 

“I was having a good conversation with Jisoo.. why are you-..?”

 

“Ms. Kim.. you need to call her Ms. Kim, she’s my secretary mom..” said Taehyung sitting across her.

 

His mom rolled her eyes as she crossed her legs.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you were going to Thailand? Do I have to knw everything through Jungkook?” his mother sounded annoyed. “I told you to attend the blind date with the daughter of M Cosmetics, didn’t I?”

 

Taehyung sighed. Jungkook is always doing something he hates!

 

“I’m already busy mom.. I don’t have time for a blind date.. please stop wasting your energy on this..” he said.

 

He’s totally fed up with all this blind date talk with his mom. 

 

Whenever he sees her, he would pair him up with a woman, that’s why he always avoids her.

 

“Alright.. then make some time for me on Saturday..” said his mom. “It’s your dad’s birthday..”

 

“I know mom.. I remember that certainly..”

 

“See me in the morning..” said his mom without looking at him. “I want to buy some clothes for myself and I want to buy some for you and your dad..”

 

Taehyung hates shopping.. and he hates it even more with his mom.

 

He has gone shopping with her a couple of times and it’s one of the things he has regretted doing.

 

It took an entire day for his mom to choose a pair of pants that she never even got to use!

 

“I’m busy in the morning so I’ll just come home before dinner..” he said quickly.

 

“What? You don’t want to come with me to go shopping? You don’t even want to go on a blind date.. what is it that you want to do in your life?” his mom’s voice became loud.

 

Taehyung looked on the ceiling to calm himself down.

 

He can’t lose patience to his mother.

 

He knows his mom is only provoking him..

 

It’s one of her ways to force him to come with her but he isn’t falling for it..

 

“When will you stop thinking about Mina? I heard she’s getting engaged with her fiancè.. until when are you going to be a fool for her?”

 

Taehyung put a hand on his forehead and massaged himself.

 

“Please go now mom.. I need to work..” he said in a calm voice.

 

His mom stood up from the couch.

 

“Will you marry your work then? Will that give you a child?” His mom shouted at him. “I’m getting old now and I want a grandchild but you.. you don’t even want to date.. I should have had a daughter instead!”

 

She left him after saying those things to him.

 

Then at the door, she found Jisoo holding a tray with two cups of coffee in her hands.

 

Jisoo has been standing there for quite some time. She couldn’t enter to bring them their coffee because she heard them arguing.

 

Taehyung’s mom stopped and looked at her.

 

Jisoo gulped nervously. What if she suddenly gets mad at her too? 

 

She knows how mothers can be sensitive about anything. 

 

Her mom is also as hot tempered.

 

“I’ll see you again.. my dear Jisoo..” said Taehyung’s mom winking and smiling at her.

 

Jisoo let out a long sigh after she left.

 

How could her mood change from hot to cold in a second?

 

Then she saw Taehyung standing in front of her.

 

“Sir..”

 

Jisoo was startled.

 

“I wanted to bring you coffee but I don’t think you want it right now..” she said faking a smile and taking a step back.

 

Taehyung took the tray from her after seeing her hands trembling.

 

“Come here inside..” he said as he put it on the table. 

 

Jisoo came in and sat down.

 

What is this weird vibe? What if he’s mad right now after getting scolded by his mom?

 

Jisoo kept her hands closed in fists on her lap.

 

“These cups are new, aren’t they?” asked Taehyung lifting the cup from the table. 

 

Jisoo looked at him.

 

“I bought them at the airport in Thailand..” she replied. “I wanted to replace what I broke the other time..”

 

“I see..” he said. “You didn’t have to.. or you could have bought just one..”

 

“They were selling them together..” she said smiling. 

 

Taehyung took a look at the cups again.

 

“Because they are matching cups..” he said reading what was written on the cups to her. “Mr. and Mrs.”

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened. 

 

She didn’t know those writings in Thai meant like that.

 

No wonder they were selling them together.. she should have informed herself first..

 

“I’m sorry Sir..” she said taking the cup from him. “I’ll just buy another one.. I didn’t know the meaning behind it..”

 

Taehyung suppressed a smile as he took the cup from her.

 

“That’s fine..” he said sipping on the coffee.

 

That was bitter again. 

 

His palate is getting quite used to a bitter coffee now.

 

It has been more than two weeks since he started drinking it.

 

“You should also drink before it gets cold..” said Taehyung pointing at the coffee. 

 

Jisoo grabbed the cup with both of her hands and looked at it again.

 

How dumb is she to buy something like that after what happened at the restaurant in Thailand!

 

“You pouting and frowning at the cup won’t change what’s written on it..” said Taehyung.

 

Jisoo felt embarrassed and quickly took a sip.

 

Taehyung chuckled.

 

 

———————-

 

 

It was a Saturday morning.

 

Jisoo was awoken by the ringing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter