Not letting her cry

Her name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 6

 

“Unnie.. do you enjoy working as a secretary?” asked Jennie. “Isn’t it hard? CEOs are usually very busy so they get grumpy with their secretaries all the time..”

 

Jisoo chuckled.

 

Jennie came to see her at a cafè near Viaggio during lunch break.

 

“You’re worrying over nothing.. my boss is very kind even though he’s busy..” said Jisoo. “He has never raised his voice at me and he is very gentle to everyone..”

 

Jennie noticed her sister didn’t order an americano as she usually did.

 

She thought it must remind her of Suho.

 

“Do you still think about him?” asked Jennie hesitant.

 

Jisoo smiled before answering.

 

“I must have been to every cafè with him..” she replied. “We had our first meal inside a cafè.. we had our first date, our first fight inside a cafè.. and we also broke up in one.. I can’t help but get reminded by him.. we spent 8 years together anyway..”

 

“I’m sorry for asking you to come here unnie..”

 

“No.. it’s fine..” said Jisoo smiling at her. “I will have to get used to living without him.. I’m keeping myself busy these days, I focus more on my work.. I’m trying to have more fun with my colleagues.. I go out with them and drink sometimes and my boss-..”

 

Taehyung’s face popped up in her mind.

 

Jisoo smiled again.

 

“What about him?” asked Jennie curious. “Does he get along with you?”

 

Jisoo nodded.

 

“He’s taking care of me a lot.. I even met his parents last week and had fun with them..” she said. “Our dad and his dad will get along very well because they literally have the same taste.. and our mom has found her match now.. Sir Taehyung’s mom is also a chatbox..”

 

Jennie’s lips curled up seeing her sister enjoying her work.

 

She thought she would have a hard time coping with her new colleagues and boss but she looks genuinely happy.

 

“I’m glad to hear that unnie..” 

 

Then Jennie became silent while listening to Jisoo’s stories.

 

She had asked her sister to meet with her because she wanted to tell her that she saw Suho once near their house.

 

But he left as soon as he saw Jennie.

 

“Unnie.. have you ever thought of giving him another chance?” asked Jennie.

 

Jisoo’s smile faded.

 

“It’d be weird if I gave him another chance when I strongly told him I didn’t want to see him anymore..” she said sighing. “But I admit I waited for him to come to me and to beg me again..”

 

Jisoo shed a tear and quickly wiped it.

 

“And seeing he didn’t even try.. I think I made the right choice of ending things quickly.. maybe I’ll find myself someone who will love me more than I loved Suho.. someone who will chase after me no matter how many times I push him away.. because he loves me.. and only me.. I wish I could find a person who feels like I’m enough for him.. as much as I thought Suho would be enough for me..”

 

Jennie held her hands.

 

“I’m sure you’ll find the right person for you unnie..” she said squeezing her hands. “You will soon.. or perhaps you have met him already..”

 

Jisoo smiled.

 

 

———————-

 

 

After meeting with Jennie, Jisoo was going back to the company when she felt like someone has been following her.

 

She stopped and turned around but there was no one.

 

Maybe she was just overreacting..

 

She walked again but she could still feel someone continuously following her.

 

She felt nervous. What if someone is stalking her?

 

She is even living alone in her house. What if she gets followed there?

 

She was turning around slowly when she felt someone’s arms wrapping her body from behind.

 

Those thin arms.. those slim hands..

 

It was Lisa.

 

Jisoo heaved a sigh of relief.

 

“You scared me!” she said facing her. “I thought someone was following me..”

 

Lisa was laughing at her.

 

“I’m sorry unnie.. you looked so cute walking then stopping then looking around you..”

 

Jisoo hit her arm gently.

 

“You really surprised me.. where were you hiding?” asked Jisoo looking around. 

 

“Just behind the lamp post unnie.. it was funny because I was supposed to hide behind the telephone booth but there was already someone there..” said Lisa laughing loud. “By the way.. what are you doing tonight?”

 

Lisa crossed her arms with hers as they went inside Viaggio.

 

“Do you want to have a drink with me?” asked Lisa. “I know a good place where we can have unlimited barbecue unnie..”

 

“Alright.. I’ll come to have a drink with you but I can’t stay until late because my sister is coming over at my place tonight after her work..”

 

“Don’t worry.. I don’t plan on getting wasted tonight unnie..” said Lisa.

 

When Jisoo came to her desk, she saw Jungkook and Taehyung were already inside the office.

 

She quickly made some coffee and brought it to them inside.

 

“Thank you Ms. Kim..” said Jungkook.

 

Taehyung was keeping an eye at him in case he said something useless again.

 

Jisoo bowed her head before going out of Taehyung’s office.

 

“Do the two of you use matching cups?” asked Jungkook looking at the cups of coffee placed in front of them.

 

“She bought them in Thailand because she broke my cup..” said Taehyung taking one cup,

 

“You mean that cup? The almighty cup given by-...?”

 

Taehyung nodded his head.

 

Jungkook gasped in surprise.

 

“She broke it and you didn’t get mad at her?” 

 

Taehyung nodded his head cooly.

 

“But when I used it once, you threw a fit and even disinfected it..” 

 

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders as he took a sip.

 

Jungkook’s eyes sharpened. 

 

“Your favoritism is really showing hyung..” he said in a low voice as he also took a sip on his coffee.

 

“Ohh.. I think I need more sugar..” he said after one sip. “Shall I ask her for some? I know you like your coffee sweet..”

 

“I think it’s fine though..” said Taehyung. “I like my coffee this way..”

 

Jungkook’s eyes widened.

 

“You like it that way? But you’re the one who puts three to five teaspoons of sugar even in his frappe..” he said bewildered. “Since when did you change your preference?”

 

Taehyung looked through the glass wall where Jisoo was sitting.

 

She was busy organizing the latest depliants. She looked very focused.

 

Then Taehyung looked at his coffee again.

 

“It’s been a while.. maybe..” he replied smiling.

 

Jungkook just nodded his head.

 

“Hyung.. how about dinner tonight?” 

 

Taehyung agreed.

 

“But you can’t drink.. I don’t want to be your babysitter tonight..” he said pointing a finger at him. “And I don’t to attract other people’s attention..”

 

Jungkook scratched the back of his head.

 

“Maybe just a few glasses hyung..” he said smiling.

 

“Just don’t do anythinng weird later.. I still remember what happened in Thailand..” Taehyung scowled. 

 

“C’mon hyung.. even Ms. Kim didn’t say a word.. why are you holding a grudge against me?”

 

Taehyung cover

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter