Town Valley: A Ghost or Hyunjin, the town's most unfathomable

「 Town Valley 」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Town Valley: A Ghost or Hyunjin, the town's most unfathomable

 

"Finally! For a second I thought I'd killed you..." Jinsol cackled loudly and turned to her left, "See I told you! It was just some herbs..."

 

Heejin frowned but followed the direction the raven haired was talking to. The sheriff was sitting on a rock holding her hat with one of her hands, her eyes seemed to be throwing axes at Jinsoul. "Yes, like the ones you gave Gowon, who ended up having the sound of a squirrel as her voice. Permanently, Jinsoul." Kim Lip scowled at her.

 

Jinsoul pouted saddened, "Do you think that's why she doesn't come by anymore? She told me she had forgiven me but..." She suddenly burst out in cries and Heejin could just watched the confusing scene in front of her eyes.

 

Kim Lip sighed but stood up immediately just to sit down again, next to the raven haired and bring her closer in a hug. "She surely has, Sol. I'll talk to her later, she's been staying at La Manoir since she's friends with that jackanapes child, Olivia Hye"

 

"Oli? She's friends with Choerry too! The first time I met her, I opened the door and point her with Betsy The Shotgun-"

 

"What? Why?" Heejin hadn't realized that she had voiced her bewildered thoughts but Jinsoul didn't seem to mind. Betsy The Shotgun… The shotgun?

 

"Because I thought it could be a ghost, or a dwarf, although she seemed certainly too tall to be so when I peeked through the door crack, or worst one of the Red-Eyed monsters! They play with your mind you know? I've seen it but nobody believ-" Jinsoul lowered her voice as she took a look outside the cave as if in alert to catch something out of place that would denote danger.

 

The sheriff interrupted her tho, "Jinsoul you're going on a tangent"

 

"You don't believe me either" She murmured in protest more to herself than to the rest but they heard her well and Kim Lip couldn't help but to roll her eyes. "I pointed her with Betsy and she just wrapped her hand around the muzzle and placed it on her chest, on her heart... In that moment I knew, she must be the town's most fearless! I was fond of her immediately, she even drank a whole jar of my concentrated ginger-pepper tea. Lippie couldn't swallow a sip of it"

 

"That's because it's revolting, nauseous, and vomit-inducing" Kim Lip broke apart from Jinsol and gagged remembering the nasty flavor; the raven haired seemed to not take offenses from it tho. "I guess I'm going to have a long talk with Choerry about her 'friendships', I'm telling you that kid is as rotten as her mother who’s not Chuu."

 

"Don't do it, Lippie. Choerry will get sad and Oli is not that bad, she's adorable in the inside!"

 

"Speaking of Choerry getting sad...” Kim Lip changed the subject to more important matters, ㅡreprimanding her sisterㅡ, “Is it necessary for me to say it?" The sheriff asked rhetorically, "Four, Jinsoul. You've been missing for over four moons. Choerry came home crying her eyes out upon fearing that something tremendously bad could have happened to her dear sister. She would have never go to me in the first place if the anguish wouldn't have been eating her insides, because she doesn't want me knowing about your 'adventures'. But believe I am fully aware of them and I keep wondering when the day for you to wise up, will arrive."

 

Heejin gazed at the raven haired to observe her reaction, there was none. Jinsoul just shrugged and flashed a little smirk to her sister. "You and Choerry just worry too much, Lippie... Nothing will happen to me, except for eventual death but it's meant to be for everyone. Therefore, there's anything to fear. I go where my heart takes me. I don't need any reasons to do things. I'm free..." Jinsoul crawled closer to Heejin and pressed a finger on her forehead. "I'm free from the rationalism and constant questioning of the mind"

 

The sheriff groaned and rose on her feet, dusting off her hat and putting it on her head afterwards. "Ugh, I don't know why I even bother. Why would 'the town's looniest' wrap her head around something coherent for once in her life, right? How silly of me!"

 

The town's looniest. Jinsoul was indeed a tad... eccentric, in Heejin's eyes, to say the least. Her actions were always a surprise that she could never guess, and she had just met the woman. "The only reason they call me that is because I refuse to think and live like them. Because I'm different so they believe my mind is wrong, that's not the case, it's just not fill with unnecessary or vane thoughts. Why is it so bad for me to be divergent from the rest?"

 

 

Kim Lip scoffed as she took her leather bag from the ground and gathered all of her sister's things scattered around the cave. Heejin heard Jinsoul's words and none of them sounded like it came from a delirious person. She didn't say anything tho, it wasn't her conversation to give her opinion. “Because you leave your family behind whenever you do so” Heejin heard the sheriff murmured under her breath as she went pass her.

 

None of them spoke much until they exited the cave and got on their respective horses. Jinsoul insisted to ride on Heejin's and the deputy had no complaints. "So... What did you see? During your blackout. Share details, don't be shy" The older behind her uttered eagerly.

 

Heejin remained quiet for a few seconds collecting the fragments of memory that she had retrieved, "I heard voices, one was mine and the other was a woman's. We talk about someone that I was trying to find. Then I heard some muffled ones and then I finally seemed to open my eyes..."

 

"And? Why did you stop? Did it finish there?" Jinsoul pried way too invested on the story. Heejin could see the sheriff glancing at her from the corner of her eye; she was also listening.

 

"And I saw it... The ghost" The deputy sighed out. She heard a gasp coming from behind her, Jinsoul’s obviously.

 

"Again? Heejin I've already told you there's not such a thing as gh-" She didn’t need to see Kim Lip to know the latter was blanking her eyes, her voice sounded so done. Heejin had talked to Haseul and her about this ghost time ago, ㅡafter her conversations with Yves who was a true believer of their existenceㅡ, and as it’s evident right now, Kim Lip had just scoffed and gave her an earful, arguing she should not be feeding her mind with such absurd ideas; since then, the new comer never brought up the subject again.

 

"How did it look like?" Jinsol asked curiously, the raven haired believed her words for sure but Heejin didn’t expect her to: "I might be able to help"

 

She didn’t take long to answer this time, somehow the image of it was her most vivid and detailed remembrance, "It was a girl, long straight dark hair, big eyes with an intense stare, her skin was very pale. She was wearing a white dress, I did not see any shoes on her feet but maybe it was my poor sight at the moment."

 

"Did she blink or say anything while she stared at you?" Heejin frowned at the odd question. However, it was spot-on.

 

"No, she just stayed on her knees for a while and then left. I went blank too so I'm afraid I have no remote idea what happened with her afterwards." The only gesture from her that she blurrily recalled was the girl mastering a tiny smile, but Heejin’s vision was almost gone by then so it might as well have been her imagination; therefore, she didn’t mention it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter