La Manoir: Yves, the town’s briggest pride

「 Town Valley 」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

La Manoir: Yves,  the town’s briggest pride

 

"So Heejin... I'm intrigued. What brings you to our lovely town?" Chuu said after finishing her last bite of strawberry pie and looked at the empty dish wishing another slice would magically materialize.

 

"I... I just seemed to have appeared from nowhere and Town Valley happened to be around." Heejin shrugged, not having an accurate explanation to give.

 

"How come?" The blonde averted her eyes from the porcelain and tilted her head in curiosity.

 

"A kind woman named Haseul found me close to hmm... Calm River I think it is called," Chuu nodded in confirmation and she continued, "I passed out, she took me to her home and kept an eye on me since I was injured but it was nothing too serious fortunately."

 

"But-"

 

Heejin continued knowing the blonde wouldn't understand until she finished, "Haseul said I was probably swept away by the river after some storm happened and that I might have hit my head hard, therefore I have lost my memories."

 

Chuu gasped in surprise, "That's terrible to hear, Heejin! I can't even imagine... You don't remember absolutely anything?"

 

"Well, no. Nevertheless..." Heejin hesitated, it was about something that had been popping on her mind lately but it was just to hazy and vague to tell if it was real or the memory was just a product of her imagination.

 

"Nevertheless? What? You do, don't you? What is it?" Chuu didn't let go of it, curiosity was eating her alive. Heejin's story was as tragic as captivating.

 

"I have these weird flashbacks sometimes when I'm asleep: I felt something soft on my lips but I can't see it's just a weird feeling lingering, then my eyes open to a full moon, it's really dark; I was breathing hard like I had been holding my breath for a long time, and then..." She stopped, this was the part that got more confusing to her.

 

"And then?" Chuu was literally sitting on the edge of her chair and leaning closer to Heejin.

 

"I turn my head and I see someone there... It was a girl, she was looking at me but didn't utter a word." Heejin teared her gaze away from the bottom of her tea cup and looked up, connecting her eyes with the blonde’s. "A ghost. I think it was a ghost."

 

"What?! A ghost?" Chuu sat back covering in a dramatic shock.

 

Heejin hummed, "It was blurry and I didn't have a good look at her but she was wearing a white dress and had no shoes on, she also seemed extremely pale. She didn't look... Human?" However, for some reason, every time she dreamt about it, she was never scared, it was more like brief desperation to get some air and then a disturbing calmness. She not once felt frightened by ‘the ghost’ neither its intense stare.

 

"Everything goes black after that. I also see a bunny occasionally... I must have hit my head very hard." Heejin laughed softly trying to brush off the seriousness from their conversation.

 

"You're uniquely amazing, Heejin! I'm truly sorry for what happened to you bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter