La Manoir: Mysterious Stranger

「 Town Valley 」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

La Manoir: Mysterious Stranger

 

A week had passed since Heejin's arrival. 

She hadn't done much during this time. Apparently she had been heavily hurt, but luckily there were only a few cuts and bruises here and there, and superficial injuries.

"Nothing that a bit of rest can't heal" Haseul, who she had found out, was the local doctor, had anounced after checking her up.

Therefore, that's all she did. Rest. She was fortunate that Haseul had allowed her to stay at her place, ㅡmore so, she had insisted when Heejin refused, not to cause any trouble to her and her wifeㅡ. She was taken cared of so well that Heejin felt a bit uncomfortable and burdensome. The harsh looks that the other woman who lived there gave her, only made it worst.

The first couple of days even the easiest things seemed like impossible tasks, per example, to eat or keep her eyes opened, let's not get me started with the nightmare of having to walk. 

Nonetheless, as the time went by, she indeed got better as Haseul had predicted. And today, she had opened her eyes when the sun was barely making an effort to come out. She woke up as a new person: all the exhaustion, swelling, and weakness, gone for good, and instead she felt vigorous and determined. 

So, she got up, slided on a dress and some sandals Haseul had lent her, tidied her bed up, and silently made her way out of the wooden house. She had never been outside before. She took a look at the residence after carefully closing the door behind her. It looked nice, neat, well-taken-care-of, but not fancy or rich; simple but good enough to be comfortable to live in. Heejin was certain that the aspect of the house reflected their owners' characters. 

While Haseul was a doctor, Kim Lip was the town sheriff but, for what she had heard, the severe looking brunette seemed to run it. 

Whenever she was conscious, Heejin's only entertainment was dinnertime  because from her room she could hear the married couple's conversations. She wondered how someone as collected, kind and slightly weird as Haseul could be with someone as cranky, bitter and constantly stressed-out as Kim Lip. Maybe it wasn't always like that who knows. 

She stepped out of the garden and began walking along the dirt road amazed by the small houses next to it. Most of them made of wood and stone. Some had beautiful gardens with different types of flowers while others barely managed to stand on their own looking rather humble. 

"Move aside!" Heejin heard someone yell. She turned around and her eyes widened in fear. She couldn't move even tho she had to. Her gaze went black as she awaited to be hit but she wasn't luckily. She heard the neigh of the horse and its raged breath on her face. 


One of her eyes slowly opened in hesitancy and then the other one, finding a jet black horse standing in front of her. 

"Hey! Have you lost your vision Miss?! We could hav-" A tall muscular man got down of the elegant carriage and yelled at the young girl that he had almost ran over. 

"Enough Wonho!" Heejin perked up her head when she saw the door of the carriage opening and a woman with strange hairㅡpartially blonde and its ends reddishㅡ stepping out of it. The driver didn't utter a word after that and apologized to her, to the woman, not Heejin.

The woman just smiled at him and turned her attention to the person next to the animal. She walked closer to her still wearing a wide beam. "Are you hurt?"

"N-no..." Heejin answered nervously and a bit scared of the woman who kept smiling at her almost creepily. 

"Wonderful!" The blond said in excitement and clapped her hands. But then she seemed to realize of something, she looked up and down at the girl even went as far as trying to get her smell by getting closer/invading the latter's personal space. "How come that I don't recognize you? I know everyone in town!"

Heejin laughed nervously, "I... I'm new?" What was she supposed to say? She knew nothing about herself or her origins. 


The woman did an "Oh" with before going back to brightly beaming. "I see... I've never met another foreigner after Yves. I'm thrilled! Let's go home and have some tea, shall we?" 

Heejin desperately wanted to reject her kind offer but upon seeing the way the woman was pleading with her eyes, she had no other choice but to, "Yes, I'd like that ma'am."


"Phenomenal!" The blond said and took hold of Heejin's wrist dragging her back inside the white carriage. Heejin's fir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter