The Void: An odd cat & A stray bunny

「 Town Valley 」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Void: An odd cat & A stray bunny

Hyunjin opened her eyes upon feeling the first rays of sunlight in the morning grazing weakly the skin of her face. As any other day, she got up from the bed, - not bothering to make it -, walked over the ladder on one of the faded white-painted walls, climbed a few steps until her head reached the ceiling, and opened a tiny trap door.

 

She laid on the roof watching the sunrise. It was a going to be a nice day, there were not clouds lurking the sky which got lighter and lighter over time.

 

She closed her eyes feeling her cheeks warming up with the sun hitting her face. Whoever saw her would think she was sleeping, and they wouldn’t be mistaken… She peacefully napped until something rough came in contact with her right cheek. Or more like it.

 

Hyunjin peeped through one eye and smiled finally opening both. She lazily sat up and patted her lap. The creature instantly hopped on it and lied down looking at her with its green sparkling orbs. It tilted its head. “Aeong” Hyunjin let out as she met its intense gaze. It meowed back and looked away starting to one of its white paws.

 

Hyunjin passed her short nails though the back of the black cat which purred in answer and inched closer to the human petting it. She chuckled lightly and rubbed the skin behind its ears receiving more soft purrs.

 

A while later, the cat stood up and got off her lap. It walked away to stand at the edge of the roof and turned its head eyeing the girl still sitting.

 

Hyunjin smirked and nodded while rising on her feet. She followed the cat and made a signal with her hand. The fluffy animal didn’t hesitate to jump, perfectly touching the ground with its four paws. Nonetheless, Hyunjin didn’t waver either and let herself fall from the roof landing on a squat before straightening herself up.

 

She her heels and opened the door of the little cottage. Making her way in, she grabbed a bottle of milk and poured some of it in a tiny vessel that she put back on the floor. The cat sitting on the doorstep quickly hurried to drink it.

 

She sighed out watching the half empty glass bottle. She was going to have to visit the town again. Only if she hadn’t dropped two bottles of milk while going back home… However, she had to admit the road had become harder and trickier at this time of the year apparently, — the rocks were slippery, the dangerous animals in the area were feistier, landslides were more frequent and spontaneous, and storms seemed to come around quite often —. If anyone who didn't know the path as well as Hyunjin would try to get through it, they would definitely be in trouble. Or more like in grievous hazard. Nevertheless, no villager dared to put a foot near The Void. Well except...

 

Hyunjin took a piece of bread and munched on it. Bread was about the only edible thing she could make in her clay oven therefore she basically lived off it. She went out and took a look around the vast area thinking what she had in store for the day. Nothing, just as almost every other day.

 

She sighed, her shoulders fell. Boring. She was so bored. The only entertaining things to do there were: playing with the cat, watching the bugs moving from a place to another, and lying on the grass imagining what the clouds could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter