Town Valley: The Sheriff’s Proposition

「 Town Valley 」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Town Valley: The Sheriff’s Proposition

 

The movements of the wheels of the elegant carriage being pulled by the Oldenburg pitched-black horse, came to a halt in front of the house.

 

A woman looked up from the stoned floor which she was furiously sweeping, and huffed in annoyance. She rolled her eyes when she saw a, ㅡsadlyㅡ, well-known figure getting out of the white carriage.

 

"Yves"

 

"It's Mayor Yves for you, Sheriff." The taller woman looked at her up and down, clearly disapproving of her plain daily attires; drastically different to her own.

 

"Only for the title..." Kim Lip hissed through her clenched teeth and with her hands gripping onto the broomstick ready to be used ㅡnot to clean the floor exactlyㅡ.

 

"Careful, Kim Lip." The redhead glared at her with piercing eyes that held an unspoken threat. Nevertheless, it didn't last long and she sighed. Defeated? "I am not here to argue over your childishness." That was new.

 

"Then why-" The brunette didn't let her guard down; she knew better than to fall into the older's tricks. However, when her eyes slightly moved to the side, her blood slightly boiled again, ㅡand also relief washed over herㅡ. "You! Where have you been?! Haseul's been like a mad woman searching around the whole area for you. She was even considering going to the mountains, good thing I convinced her otherwise."

 

"I'm so sorry, I-" Heejin widened her eyes in fear and hurried to apologize. She hadn't even thought about the two women worrying in her absence.

 

The mayor interrupted her and unexpectedly saved her from being scolded. "Chuu found her and invited her over for tea, you know her, I bet Heejin could not refuse. Speaking of which, she sends you her regards and longs to see you..."

 

"Oh. Yes, it's been awhile." Kim Lip's frown let loose a little. As small as Town Valley was, it still had lots of problems and she was the one who everyone went to whenever they needed something to be solved. Therefore, she was always enormously busy. She had been neglecting her best friend, and worst her relationship with her wife. She hadn't really realized of it until now.

 

"You are not banned from my house, Kim Lip... I won't have Wonho booting you out." Yves spoke again and the sheriff certainly saw the effort of her in trying to be nice, or act like it. She wouldn't trust the woman that easily because it had been broken a long time ago. However, a deep, deep, deep part of Kim Lip appreciate the attempt.

 

"However, I'll be off to Wasteland tomorrow, if you want to come for a visit." The redhead finished and turned to get on her carriage not without smiling at Heejin one last time before stepping inside of it.

 

"Odd..." Kim Lip uttered as she saw the horse ride away.

 

"I think she was trying to be nice" Heejin thought out loud.

 

But the older just scoffed at her like she was talking nonsense, "Right."

 

For a few seconds both of them remained silent until Kim Lip in a not so welcoming or subtle tone said, "Anyways, are you going to be staying for long with us?"

 

The question took Heejin for surprise, I mean she should have seen it coming since the woman attitude towards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter