Calm River: Midnight Miracle

「 Town Valley 」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Calm River: Midnight Miracle

 

The moonlight shone brightly up in the dark sky surrounded by an endless sea of stars. The wind was calmed only making the vividly green grass sway in the slightest.  

The only noises that could be heard were crickets singing and water running freely hiting some rocks every now and then. 

The last night of Winter seemed more like the first one of Spring because every trace of snow had long melted, the air itself was barely chilly, and some cicadas were starting to join the crickets. 

Her bare feet stepped on the soft lawn as she walked aimlessly with slow movements. She was in no hurry, she had no where to be, no one to meet. It was just her in the quiet night. Or so she thought. 

Her facial expressions were a pure reflection of her surroundings: serene, peaceful, and relaxed. Not a frown, neither a smile. 

She stopped in her tracks. How long had she been walking for? She did not wonder. Where was she? She did not wonder either. Her mind had not questions, merely a blank space. 

She gracefully sat on the grass bringing her knees close to her chest under her white dress. She placed gave one last look to the moon before placing her chin on top them and redirecting her gaze to the river. 

At the opposite of this night, the one before had been everything but calm. A thunderous storm had broken out, shaking trees, slamming windows of the wooden houses, and furiously pouring down on the valley. Therefore, as expected, the rather narrow and barely deep river had grown twice its size. Luckily, its waters had pacified and flowed slower through their course now. 

Something caught the girl's attention. She had only caught a glimpse of it. It had been a long time since the last time she saw one of them. Most of them had already fleed from the area due the presence of more and more humans. She found only some when she walked through the mountains. This one tho, she had never seen one so pure looking. A cute small entirely white bunny. 

She locked eyes with the creature which remained unfazed by the girl's presence. Its eyes looked almost human to her, like there was emotion behind, like if there was something on them. Just as if it was trying to tell her something. She tilted her head swearing the tiny animal had followed her movements. 

Her neutral face broke into a side-grin as she stared at the bunny. It behaved weirdly because for as long as she stared at it, it didn't move except to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter