Choices

Rumor Has It (Rosé x Suzy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One thing that Jennie is always known for to her close friends, is that she’s always been the type to do anything for the people that she loves.

 

She is a giver, a selfless person as a matter of fact, and rare are the instances where she acts selfish. Although she sometimes comes off that way to other people that do not really know her, it’s actually the opposite.

 

Jennie would go through lengths just for her loved ones.

 

When Lisa was having difficulties in their trainee days with the Korean language, Jennie made time to teach the youngest.

 

When Jisoo was on the verge of giving up on debuting, Jennie always made sure to check on her and gave the eldest the encouragement she needed.

 

And when Rosé had difficulties with their dances, Jennie stayed up and patiently taught her the steps so that she’ll be able to catch up.

 

Jennie is selfless like that.

 

She’d give, give, give, and she’d do it all once more just because she loves them.

 

This time, she’s doing it once again willingly for Rosé.

 

Jennie only knew half of the story, so she’s basically clueless as to as what happened that night because she was asleep. However, imagine her surprise when Rosé knocked in their dorm at two in the morning crying and panicking…begging Jennie to help her.

 

“Unnie, help me.”

 

“Unnie, it’s over! I’m over…”

 

It already broke her heart just by remembering the sight of their precious main vocalist in agony that night. The piercing cries she let out and the genuine fear that manifested in Rosé face…

 

It was all too much for Jennie.

 

She just wanted to see Rosé happy again, make jokes with their members again, be clingy with her, take afternoon walks with their dogs… literally just… the usual Rosé and not… not this Rosé who was always spacing out as if she’s in deep thought, or this Rosé that always looked anxious as if she’s afraid of getting found out about something.

 

Nonetheless, Jennie already has an idea on who was the reason behind all of this. She couldn’t believe that a certain actress would even have the nerve of making Rosé feel all this pain and anguish at the same time… she hated her for what she’s done to the younger. She hated Bae Suzy for that.

 

If only Chaeyoung was… with me.

 

Jennie shook her head at the absurd thought.

 

N-No, I’m with Jongin now. We’re happy… I’m happy with him.

 

“So? How are things with my daughter?”

 

At the sudden question, Jennie was forced to snap back into reality.

 

“Everything’s okay mom…” she laughed awkwardly, now facing her mother properly. It was a Tuesday afternoon and after Jennie was finished with their group meeting inside the YG building, she did not hesitate and immediately called her mom, asking if they could meet up for lunch in their usual place near Itaewon.

 

Her mother chuckled, “Is that so?” she asked her daughter and took a sip of her fancy white wine, “because you don’t really call me to have lunch with you out of the blue like this.” She said, “What happened to making plans?”

 

Jennie lets out sigh. Yeah they make plans. Her mother is always busy so they make sure to plan their hangouts in advance. Other than that, she figured that there was no escape from her mom. They were always so close so the fact that her mom can read her intentions like this is no longer a surprise.

 

“Fine… you got me.” She showed her mom a sheepish smile, “I need something.”

 

“Oh, I knew.”

 

“Mom, please.” She begged.

 

Her mother only waved her hands, “Fine, fine… let’s hear it.” She said.

 

“It’s about—“

 

“Wait...” Her mother interrupted while leaning back in her seat, “You’re not pregnant, are you?” she said while looking at Jennie who is sitting across her with disbelief.

 

At this, Jennie crouched in her seat to hide the apparent heating up of her face at the thought of pregnancy. “Mom!” she hissed in a low voice while raising her head to address her mother, “No! Jesus!”

 

Her mother only laughed elegantly, covering and all, “I know, I know... I’m just kidding.”

 

“It’s not funny!” Jennie looked around their surroundings, “People could hear you!”

 

“Please, there’s only around four customers in this restaurant.” Her mother chuckled.

 

“Still—“ Jennie straightened herself in her seat, seemingly recovered from her embarrassment earlier, “I’m here because… I need you to do something for me…”

 

“And that is?”

 

“How is—“ the rapper hesitated for awhile, but she let out a lengthy exhale and continued, “Can you… can you use your connections for me?” she asked, and her mother only blinked at her repeatedly as if she’s asking for more details on what exactly is her connection going to be used for.

 

Jennie continued, “I— never mind, it’s not for me, I’m sorry, It’s for… Chaeyoung.”

 

With this, her mother leaned in closer to her and rested her face in her knuckles, a gesture that Jennie recognized that she’s interested.

 

“What did Chaeyoungie do?” Her mother questioned in sheer wonder. Park Chaeyoung, she liked that girl. Chaeyoung was always so charming and polite when they meet. The girl is pretty and has a beautiful voice too… she couldn’t really blame her own daughter for being fond of the younger. Too fond to be honest.

 

“Just… just some photos… articles? I was wondering if you could check with dispatch…”

 

“Shouldn’t this be addressed with your CEO?”

 

“You’re a CEO too.” Jennie countered, “plus, they’re not going to do anything anyways.” She scoffed, “Trust me, I know so.”

 

Her mother went silent for a few minutes and Jennie is having a hard time reading her. After that, her mother took a slice of her ginger bread from their small table and chewed on her food first before talking, “YG is your boss.”

 

“And mother knows best.” Jennie answered wittily.

 

“Okay… you have a point, but if I use my connections for you, the media will be able to trace it back to me. I’m just worried what they’re going to say about you.” Her mother said before she continued, “What did Chaeyoung do anyway? Is it a debt? drugs? Or better yet— dating?”

 

The rapper slowly nodded, “The… the last one.” She confirms. “Look, I really don’t care about what people think about me right now… Chaeng needs my help and… can you please just use your capabilities to find out if dispatch has something against her? Photos or… videos? Please mom,” she pleaded, “It could really risk our career this time.”

 

Her mother only gazed at her daughter seriously, “Hmm… who did she get caught with on a date with and why is it so bad for your career?”

 

Jennie forced herself to prevent an eye roll from escaping. Why wouldn’t her mother just do what she wants? Her mother is way too invested in Chaeyoung’s story for her liking. On the other hand, she thought about it, and she couldn’t really tell her mother that Rosé was with Suzy. No.

 

“Uhh… a man in his fifties… with… with a criminal record?”

 

At this, her mother looked at her with skepticism, “That bad?” her mother asked.

 

“That bad...” Jennie trailed off while looking down on her lap.

 

“Oh my…” her mother leaned back to her seat, “I never knew Chaeyoung’s type in men were this… odd. Poor girl.”

 

“Very.”

 

Just when the rapper thought that her job here was done, her mother spoke once again a few minutes later, “You know, I wish you and Chaeyoung could solve your problems, I really do since she is like a sister to you already, but do be careful next time—“ she lectured, “I don’t know anyone on dispatch so I—“

 

“So you can’t help us?”

 

“—So if you let me finish, then maybe I would.”

 

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry mom.” Jennie apologized, “I’m just worried, that’s all…”

 

Her mother nodded, “And that’s fine. Just be careful next time. I’ll contact one of our executives since his daughter-in-law works for dispatch. I can’t promise you that they cooperate with me though. It’s really better if you tell your boss when it comes to your dating scandals to control it.

 

Jennie smiled to her mother, “It’s okay mom. I know you did your best,” she said, “Thank you. I love you.”

 

Her mother only looked at her daughter fondly. “You’re welcome… and I love you too even if you give me a headache just like now.”

 

“Heyyyy!”

 

 

**[NEW MESSAGE — KAKAOTALK]**

 

[Nini bear🐻]:

Hello to the prettiest girl in the world! Practices ended early so i’m free. Wanna hang out? I miss you so much… Haven’t seen you for so long.

 

[Nini bear🐻]:

I love you always ❤️

 

 

“Hello? Chaeng, are you home? I’m here.” Jennie announced her presence, yelling across their dorm upon entering. She actually asked her mom to drive her to their dorm, since none of their managers were available to take her as of the moment. Before they arrived though, Jennie bought subway takeout for her and Rosé, because it’s their way of bonding to eat the sandwich together, “I have subway!”

 

When there was no answer, she closed the door of their dorm with a kick of her foot and set down her bag of takeout to their dining table. After that, she went straight to the blonde’s bedroom, knocking first before entering.

 

“Chaeng?” she called out cautiously, her small head peeking itself from Rosé’s door.

 

“Oh… unnie.” Rosé feebly answered, now sitting up from her bed. For the rapper, the main vocalist looked like she just woke up from a long nap, but she noticed that Rosé’s eyes were also puffy, so Jennie knew that she cried before going to sleep. “I-I’m sorry I didn’t hear you…” the vocalist anxiously brushed her hair with her own hands as an attempt to fix her messy appearance, “I must… I must look terrible now, don’t I?”

 

The raven suspired deeply before walking over to the blonde’s side of the bed, the mattress dipping down a little because of her weight, “Don’t say such thing. You never look terrible for me.” Jennie said while cupping Rosé’s face with her hands, gently inspecting it and wiping away the dried tears that were left, “You always looked so beautiful.”

 

At the compliment, Rosé finally allowed herself to smile, a light blush creeping up her cheeks, “Ah…thanks,” the Aussie replied, “But I think you’re prettier, unnie.”

 

This time, it was the Kiwi’s turn to shy away, “O-Oh really?” she awkwardly looks up to the ceiling and mumbled, “You sweet talker.”

 

Rosé then, shrugged. Apparently, she heard what the rapper said. “Just telling the truth.” She smiled, and Jennie instantly went red like a tomato.

 

“Hey!” the rapper slapped the vocalist’s arm playfully. Way to turn things around.

 

Rosé only laughed, doing so for a few more minutes before asking, “By the way, how’s lunch? How’s auntie?”

 

Jennie smiled at the thoughtfulness of the former, “Mom’s okay, so is the lunch…” she answered while moving closer, so that she’s sitting up next to Rosé in bed, “I also asked her a favor about your current situation so—“

 

“What? What do you mean current situation?” Rosé cuts in, obviously alarmed, “I-I’m sorry…” she added after realizing that she did.

 

“It’s fine…” the rapper calmly replied before explaining, “Remember when you asked me for help the other day about… you-know-who? I… I talked to mom about it and she said she’d check with the people she knows…”

 

“Oh…” the vocalist muttered, “Did you mention—“

 

Jennie interrupts before Rosé could finish, “No, no I didn’t tell her about… you know.”

 

This confirmation made the blonde sigh in relief, “That’s…that’s great…” she said, but then a few seconds later, her eyes gradually widened in fear, “Oh no… then that means you went this far to… you used your connections—!”

 

Sensing that Rosé was frightened once again, Jennie immediately held the vocalist’s hands, “No, no it’s okay! It’s no harm at all… mom says it’s fine. You’re like our family now Chaeyoung-ah, we help each other.” She reasoned out, “Plus, mom is having a meeting with her staff who knew someone from dispatch at the moment. Mom would have texted me right now if there was something against you… it’s fine Chaeng…”

 

The rapper expected that the vocalist would be happy or at least relieved once she told her the news, but instead, tears started spilling themselves from Rosé’s eyes, freaking Jennie out straight away.

 

“W-what…” a panic-stricken rapper stuttered, “Chaeyoung, what’s wrong? I’m—“

 

“Unnie…” Rosé cried out, “You… you didn’t have to do this for me, I’m so thankful for you,” she sobbed even further, “You’ve always been helping me since then, I don’t knoe if I deserve this kindness….”

 

With this, Jennie lets out an exhale of relief, one that she was holding this entire time. It turns out that the tears from the vocalist were of Joy after all.

 

The raven bit her lip, staring at the blonde adoringly, “It’s okay, Chaeyoung-ah. It’s nothing.”

 

Rosé however, continued shedding her tears and looked up at their beige ceiling, “Unnie, it’s just—“ she lets go of the rappers hand and waves both of it in vague circles to express her frustration, “It makes me think that…maybe I overreacted a little with this whole thing.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

The main vocalist sniffled a bit before looking sideways, eyes avoiding the rapper’s attentive gaze, “I meant that... this whole thing between Suzy and I… I just made it complicated. I was overthinking the scandal, what people would think of us, what we are to each other and all. Which is why it led to this… this mess!” she exclaimed, “And to think I left her that night without considering her feelings and hearing her out…” Rosé sobbed even harder.

 

As previously mentioned, Jennie really isn’t the selfish type.

 

But as she listened to her bandmate, the bandmate she currently has feelings for, talk about a person that they like—

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter