Endure

Rumor Has It (Rosé x Suzy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No..

 

“H-here’s your card ma’am.”

 

Unbelievable.

 

“Thank you.”

 

There's no way this is real..

 

Rosé lets out a deep and tenuous exhale. This was happening once again for the second time, and she didn't know how. Her leaving her wallet, forgetting her own phone—

 

Suzy saving her from her misfortunes.

 

Since when did she become this irresponsible?

 

“Unnie, you don’t really have to-“

 

"It's all right Rosé," Suzy interrupted, already getting a sense of what the younger was going to say, "I've already paid for your meal," she added, with certainty in her tone.

 

Like she isn't allowing any arguments..

 

But either way, Rosé can just pay her back after-

 

"And I don't accept cash payments either."

 

Never mind.

 

Guess they really have to get started on that guitar lesson, huh?

 

Rosé made a mental note to open it up to the actress later. As of now, she was going to thank Suzy for rescuing her a ing gain. So the idol straightened up and opened to speak, only to be interrupted by a booming voice calling the actress’ name from a distance.

 

"Suzy!”

 

Rosé, although not the one being called, still searched for the voice to find out where it came from.

 

She was fully expecting a fan or a manager or something that had recognized the both of them and certainly not the actor Nam Joohyuk.

 

Did they… come here together? 

 

Joohyuk eventually caught up with them, and he called for the actress' name once again, "Suzy," he said, not noticing the other presence standing next to his co-star. He must really be that exhausted, because beads of sweat were visible on his forehead and he was breathing like he’d just ran a marathon just now.

 

What is he doing here?

 

This prompted Suzy to let out a girly squeal, "J-Joohyuk?!” she gasped, apparently caught off guard with the presence of the actor. Crap, I completely forgot about him, she thought.

 

The actor, with his palms on his knees to support his weight, says between heavy breaths, "You... you just ran away..." he mumbled, trying real hard to regain his composure.

 

When he eventually did, he looked up at Suzy right away, and that's when he realized that the actress was with someone else. Someone whom he's acquainted with.

 

“Rosé-ssi?” he called out, surprise evident in his voice.

 

Rosé froze, somehow feeling a little flustered to see the handsome actor once again. When she met him, she was just a rookie. They've never really interacted with just the two of them, and it has always been around other people, but she sure is good friends with his ex, Lee Sung Kyung. 

 

"Umm...Joohyuk-sunbaenim," Rosé responded, "Great to see you."

 

"Wait, wait." Suzy interrupted, now standing between the two. "You two know each other?" she asked.

 

“...I..guess?”

 

“Yeah...we-“

 

“-We were in the same agency...”

 

“Y-yeah I was..”

 

Suzy nodded slightly, sensing the turmoil in the atmosphere, "I see."

 

Joohyuk then rubbed his head, now becoming a little shy that the attention was onto him, "I was in YG before but I left," he clarified, but there was only indifference between the two women, seeing as they were quiet. So when nobody said anything at all about his so-called departure, a slight sensation of embarrassment crept in his nerves.

 

He then tried to change the subject immediately and redirected his attention to the actress, "Suzy, you left all of a sudden, is everything all right?”

 

Everything was not all right. The actress was still a bit pissed that her co-stars set her up with Joohyuk, but nonetheless, she still found herself saying-

 

“Yes, everything is fine.”

 

“Are you sure?” he asked once again, and God, did it irk Suzy.

 

“I told you Joohyuk, it’s okay,” she replied, “It’s nothing I can’t handle. Just feeling a bit under the weather, that’s all.”

 

Joohyuk sensed the firmness in Suzy’s voice and so, he no longer pried, “Okay, if you say so.” he replied. “I-I could just stay with you, you’re still probably feeling unwell.”

 

As Suzy heard his last statement, she went stiff, not knowing exactly how to tell him that she didn't want him around her.

 

On the other hand, Rosé wanted to leave. She’s been silent for a few minutes now and she truly felt like she was intruding the two. “Um, anyway,” she clears and addressed the actress, “Suzy-unnie, thank you again for helping me. I’m really sorry but I have to go, I’ll just-“

 

Interestingly, Suzy replied instantly that it sounded almost desperate, "No, wait!" she cried.

 

“Huh?”

 

“W-What I meant to say is..” Suzy breathed out as if she was trying to relax herself and recover. “Don’t you want to stay longer?” she asked.

 

Upon hearing the request, the idol noticed that there was something... strange about the manner of the actress, the way she talked to her specifically. Suzy’s words were heavy, her head was tilted away from Joohyuk, as if to prevent him from witnessing whatever it is she didn't want him to see, and her eyes were enlarged that it almost seemed like she was glaring at Rosé.

 

It's like she's trying to tell the singer something.

 

When Rosé looked like she didn’t understand what the actress was saying, Suzy almost wanted to rip her own hair out of frustration.

 

She then mouthed to the idol-

 

‘Don’t leave me with him!’

 

And that’s when the singer finally understood.

 

Rosé’s eyes widened in realization, but nonetheless, immediately tried to act normal as she sees Joohyuk from the corner of her eyes observing her and Suzy silently. It was obvious that he was curious.

 

The actor probably grew impatient watching their quiet exchange, so he decided to grab their attention, “Uhh…guys?”

 

Rosé cleared , “Sorry, I spaced out for a moment.” she turned her gaze to the actress, "Suzy Unnie, you mentioned that you weren't feeling well earlier, didn't you? You may want to go with me, Manager will pick me up in a few, and we'll drive you." she proposed, intentionally loud enough to be heard by Joohyuk.

 

After hearing this, Suzy cheered inwardly, she was so thankful that the idol had finally grasped her message, she kind of wanted to hug Rosé right there and then.

 

But of course, she stopped herself.

 

Before saying ’yes’, she knew that she had to play the part or it’d be too suspicious.

 

“Are you sure?” the actress asked, biting down on her lower lip to suppress a threatening smile of her own.

 

The idol, knowing Suzy’s act all too well, played along. “Oh, yes I am.”

 

“Well then,” Suzy concludes, now facing the actor that’s been silent this entire time, “I guess I should go with her then, Joohyuk-ah.” she said, feigning disappointment and Rosé almost snickered.

 

Joohyuk, clueless as ever, nodded sadly. His plan in getting closer with Suzy totally backfired. He was starting to think that maybe, the ‘Start Up’ cast should have never been involved.

 

But it’s too late for that now.

 

He still tried to conceal his dismay with a smile, "No problem, Suzy, I understand. Please take care you two," he managed to answer, now addressing the idol standing next to the actress.

 

For Rosé, his tone was definitely more like ‘Please take care of her’, than ‘Please take care you two”, but nonetheless, she still nodded, “We will. Take care as well, sunbaenim.” she replied politely.

 

Despite obviously nearing the end, Joohyuk held onto his last hope to be with the actress for the day, “L-let me at least you guys out of this place at least.”

 

However, Suzy was quick to shut him down, “It’s really fine Joohyuk-ssi,” she answered, his tenacious attitude getting on her nerves, “I’m sure that the others must be wondering where you are.”

 

And Joohyuk, much to Suzy’s delight, finally gave up, “I- of course.”

 

“We’ll get going now, sunbaenim.”

 

“It was nice seeing you Joohyuk.”

 

The actor can only wave at the two.

 

“Goodbye…take care…”

 

 

“Unnie,” the younger between the two, called out, “Is it okay if I ask… what that was back there?”

 

The two women had now left the establishment. They’ve decided to leave through the employees exit, with the aid of a staff of course (they bribed him with their autographs), to avoid getting attention since they didn't have their managers to protect them from the prying eyes of their fans and news outlets. They felt that it was better that way.

 

So the moment they stepped outside, the younger didn't waste much time in asking about the issue.

 

Suzy faced Rosé, a bit hesitant and embarrassed to drag the idol into her mess, “Umm… you know-“

 

“Were you guys on a date?” Rosé interrupted.

 

This of course, caused the actress to snap her head so quick to the singer’s direction at the mention of a date.

 

“No,” she answered, “God, no.”

 

“Then, that was…?”

 

“It was supposed to be just a simple lunch with the cast of our drama.” The actress tilted her head while looking up, as if recalling the series of events, “I mean, I should have ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter