Sure

Rumor Has It (Rosé x Suzy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're going to fall, Hyeri, I swear!"

 

“nGhhhgh”

 

"Hyeri—"

 

“Nhgghhgg...”

 

"No, Hyeri!"

 

At that moment, Suzy’s eyes transfixed to her friend in sheer terror as the latter staggered her way in the middle of the street without a care in the world.

 

"Hyeri, someone could have photographed you!" The actress half yelled and half-whispered. If she knew that Hyeri was going to behave this way when she’s drunk, then she should have never allowed her to drink. It turns out that looking after Hyeri was like babysitting a child.

 

Still, Hyeri paid little attention to the pleas of the actress as if she had heard nothing.

 

Suzy could only look at her friend in shame and embarrassment. She was restless and drowsy seeing as she did drink two glasses of red wine. She realized in herself that she should have never consumed any since she was Hyeri’s designated driver but still.

 

No, no... stay awake! Suzy manages to hit herself lightly, and you're not drunk. You still have to take this girl home.

 

With her thoughts dominating her, the actress has momentarily forgotten that she had a bigger issue to deal with- that her friend, who is now leaning on a post, was already dealing with the consequences of the liquor they drank earlier.

 

Hyeri clutched her abdomen, "Nghh... my stomach hurts," she says, looking down on the ground. It is rather enticing to just let out all the liquor she has absorbed, but she’s fighting to stop herself, for it wouldn’t be a wonderful sight to see. Suzy was right, somebody could have photographed either of them right now, and she couldn’t risk that. In an attempt to prevent her vomit from coming out, she slightly looked up from the ground and winced. All the while, she has happened to catch a familiar face standing a few meters from her and watching her with horror.

 

"Chae—Chaeyoung?" Hyeri mumbled, quite unsure if she’s seeing things since she’s drunk after all. Her suspicions were confirmed when the eyes of the figure widened, astonished that Hyeri had identified them in her present state.

 

“Chaeyounggg!” Hyeri started yelling groggily, “Chaeyoung!!!”

 

Conflicted with the increased intensity of Hyeri's voice, the figure chose to make herself known and went close to her friend, "Unnie!"

 

Quite so, it was indeed Rosé, and Hyeri has never been so happy to see her favorite dongsaeng standing right in front of her.

 

“Chaeyoung!” Hyeri cried out.

 

Rosé can only stare at the elder with worry inscribed on her face, "Unnie..." she trailed off, holding the elder's arms as if to hold her steady, "You're going to fall."

 

"Chaeyoungieeeee," Hyeri said, dragging her words, "Hiiiiiii."

 

“Unnie, what have you been-“

 

“Rosé?”

 

 

That voice.

 

 

The idol froze, her grip on Hyeri’s arm loosening and her mind was strangely refusing to concentrate. It's that voice. That melting sweet voice she's been used to hearing over the last month belonged to only one person, the person whose presence she's been unknowingly craving all this time.

 

Why am I feeling like this?

 

Rosé can no longer resist. She's been thinking about her encounter with this individual for about a week now, and she knew there was no point in trying. With wide eyes, the idol gradually tilted her head as if everything was in slow motion, to the direction of the woman calling for her name just now.

 

“Suzy...” the singer murmured, honorifics long forgotten.

 

Too stunned in seeing the famous girl group member in front of her at a time like this, Suzy could hardly call out her name as a response, “R-Rosé...”

 

To be frank, Suzy didn’t know how to react. She's ashamed that Rosé had to see them like this, that Rosé had to catch them in this nasty situation. Never in her life had she wanted to dig her own grave this bad and—

 

“BBBLLLEERRRGHHHHH.”

 

 

 

 

Yeah…about that grave?

 

 

“Seriously?!”

 

It was almost three o'clock in the morning, and the trio has decided to join Rosé on her table just outside of the corner store. The establishment still was empty, and both Suzy and Rosé were relieved. The very last thing they needed to happen was to be photographed or identified by fans, plus with drunk Hyeri on their side, the media would be having a field day.

 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." Hyeri whines at Suzy, "I'm not going to drink again."

 

"You'd better not..."

 

As much as Suzy wanted to rip her friend’s throat out for throwing up on her coat and her t-shirt in front of the idol, Hyeri was still her responsibility, and she should have seen it coming. Hyeri had already been trying to hold her gut long before the idol was spotted, so this was inevitable, and she just wasn't able to dodge on time. Luckily, Rosé was spared of Hyeri's barf, despite being the one holding her friend steady.

 

“Ugh! It won’t come off...” Suzy said grumpily whilst also holding her hankie. She has already been desperately trying to get rid of Hyeri’s doing on her clothes for around ten minutes now but is constantly failing.

 

“P-perhaps you should try wet wipes?” Rosé suggested, "I don't have one though, but I could buy-"

 

"Oh! Oh! you’re right!” Suzy remarked, her eyes presently filled with hope at the proposal of the idol, "I'm heading inside." She said, motioning to the store in front of them.

 

Rosé, however, was concerned, "They might recognize—" she tries to say, worried that the employee inside might know that it’s the actress because she doesn't have a hat or mask on, but it was too late because the actress was already in the store, leaving her to deal with Hyeri for the time being. “-you...”

 

“Ah, let her be,” Hyeri said, now sober while looking at the direction of the actress, “There’s no convincing her, Chaeyoung.”

 

However, there was no response from the idol with her comment. Hyeri was completely disregarded. In fact, Rosé was just...following Suzy, who’s inside the store with her eyes, often raising her head at times where the actress would disappear from their line of sight.

 

Hyeri, of course, did not fail to notice this despite her current state and snickered. Aha!

 

“You like Suzy, don’t you?” Hyeri teased, leaning forward as she’s sitting across the idol at their table.

 

She had only intended to tease the singer slightly, so anything that drunk Hyeri does or says must never be taken seriously. The bold remark, however, was all it took for Rosé to redden and snap her head towards Hyeri, "W-what?"

 

"You really like her." Hyeri went on, amused with Rosé's reaction, "You do, I know you do."

 

"I-I don't know what you are-"

 

"Come on, it's so obvious." Hyeri said, unaffected by the denial of the idol, "I'm not going to tell her, don't worry." she added, now taking her phone out.

 

Rosé stiffened in her seat, almost looking like a deer caught in the headlights. What is Hyeri-unnie on about?

 

“E-everyone likes Suzy-unnie though,” Rosé responded, “Who doesn’t like Suzy unnie...” she mumbles the last part.

 

Hyeri raised an eyebrow, choosing to taunt the idol even further, "Sure, but I don't mean friendship wise..." she said, "I meant romantic wise."

 

With this, the idol went quiet, and Hyeri knew it was a victory. She had successfully ed with the idol’s mind.

 

Rosé began to look like she isn’t going to be talking anytime soon, so Hyeri figured that the fun is now over. She then stood up, dusting off her pants and getting ready to leave. "I was just joking of course, you're right, everybody likes Suzy," she said, and Rosé finally looked up at her, baffled that she was leaving. "My boyfriend's coming to pick me up. Tell Suzy I’m sorry, and I’ll make it up to her, yeah?”

 

“O-okay...” Rosé agrees absentmindedly as Hyeri moved to hug her, “Take care unnie...” she said, now diverting her eyes to Hyeri’s boyfriend, Junyeol, who’s currently standing outside his car and waving at them.

 

“See ya!”

 

 

“Hey, sorry I took long. I tried to get rid of this stain in the toilet, and—where is Hyeri?"

 

After taking forever inside, Suzy is now back from the store. She realized that she's likely-no, definitely taking a long time, so she's finally decided to check in with her friends. However, on her return, imagine her shock when Rosé is spotted sitting alone at their table, and Hyeri is nowhere to be found.

 

“Umm...Junyeol oppa picked her up...”

 

“Her boyfriend?”

 

“Yeah...”

 

“Ridiculous,” Suzy says, exasperated at this new piece of information, “First, she throws up on me and second, she ditches me. I thought I was going to take her home?"

 

This was another episode of best friends choosing their boyfriends over their girl friends. Nothing new about it, really. Being single for over a year now, Suzy was quite used to being ditched, but it still hurts.

 

"I'm so sorry..." Rosé apologizes. She didn’t know what else to say at Suzy’s distress, and her mind is still in the gutter at present from her conversation with Hyeri earlier.

 

With this, Suzy went across Rosé promptly, fearful that the idol must have thought that she’s upset at her. Taking over Hyeri's previous seat, Suzy replied, "Oh no, it's all right, it's not your fault. I'm supposed to be the one apologizing."

 

"Why is that?"

 

“Umm...we got you involved in this mess...”

 

"No, it's okay for me."

 

"Hyeri is an awful person when she's drunk. I'm so sorry about that."

 

"It's okay, unnie,” Rosé said, slightly chuckling at Suzy’s description of Hyeri, “And I don't mind... she's also a friend of mine..."

 

Suzy only laughed at her, and Rosé came to a conclusion that it was the prettiest laugh she had ever heard in her twenty-four years of existence.

 

Help...

 

“Yeah, you’re a good friend,” Suzy agreed. Afterwards, they remained mum for a brief duration, letting the calming breeze of the night to caress their faces as Suzy delicately observed the woman across her. She had just noticed that at the moment, Rosé was free from any makeup and is dolled up comfortably. Still, it didn't really matter to the actress. Dressed fancy or with makeup, Rosé is no different, and she looked dazzling no matter how she presented herself. She suddenly felt jealousy and… something else she is yet to figure out.

 

The singer, on the other hand, eventually grew conscious of the actress and her stares. She knew that Suzy has been at it since she sat across her for quite sometime now, and honestly? Rosé wants her to stop. Because of her week-long thoughts about the actress and her conversation with Hyeri earlier, Suzy's staring isn’t helping her well-being at all. Plus, her face is completely free from any kind of makeup. Suzy didn't really need to see any of that.

 

"Umm...unnie, don't you have to go home, or—"

 

Rosé stops herself.

 

Oh my Gosh, that was so rude!

 

“-I-I mean... I didn’t mean to say that, we can stay here for a while if you want I can still accompany you, but it’s very late, and I just figured that perhaps you wanted to rest and-“

 

“No, it’s okay, Rosé. It’s fine.”

 

“I’m really really sorry-“

 

“It’s okay- you’re right,” Suzy said, standing up while scanning the area, “I should probably head home now. My car’s parked around here somewhere...”

 

“Oh...”

 

“Yeah...”

 

“I see...” the idol nodded, standing up from her seat as well, “I-I guess I’ll see you?” she said.

 

“Of course, of course, Rosé.”

 

“Umm..I-“ This is awkward, the singer thought. “Goodbye? I guess?”

 

So awkward.

 

"Yeah," Suzy replied, a little frustrated. She's not sure what to do next. Should they be hugging? Is she supposed to kiss the singer on her cheeks as a farewell? She didn't know which. She felt like those two would end up making their situation more uncomfortable to be honest, and she didn’t want that for the singer.

 

The actress sighed inwardly. It felt like they were both back to square one, where they met for the first time. All that effort to get to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter