Luck

Rumor Has It (Rosé x Suzy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-

Rosé liked to convince herself that luck is always on her side.

 

 

She can name a few moments where luck had her back, specially ones that made a major impact in her life. 

 

All of them she thinks is pure luck.

 

There was one time when her father broke the news to her in their living room that YG entertainment is in Australia to look for new trainees. She almost couldn’t believe it.

 

“You have to audition Chaeyoung-ah. Just try. We’ll be there with you along the way...you have to show the others what you can do.”

 

It took her two days of convincing from him until she finally agreed to audition.

 

Rosé isn’t ready. She prepared but she isn’t ready. It was just her and her guitar, and it made her conscious. It didn’t help either when she sees the people who were there at the audition site waiting before and after her to turn out to be so good. She even considered backing out last minute because for her, singing is just a hobby and it didn’t exactly cross her mind to make it big and become an idol. 

 

She observed the other contestants more. She sees them dressed in dance attires, full makeup on, and some of them were still practicing. Rosé thought that she hasn’t prepared any dance. In fact, she didn’t know how to dance.

 

She thinks they’re so good and for the first time in ages, she felt insecure.

 

“Don’t worry. I know you can do it.” her sister said.

 

And she did.

 

YG entertainment staff contacted her two weeks after the audition and asked her if she can come to South Korea in two months. Honestly, since they took way too long to contact her, Rosé was starting to think that she failed the audition. She didn’t want to fail, and she didn’t want to disappoint her family specially her dad that really wanted this for her, she wanted to make them proud and happy. But after some time, she already expected it. She prepared herself and was so ready for the rejection, telling herself that if she didn’t pass the auditions, at least she knew in heart that she tried her best and she enjoyed experience.

 

However, that wasn’t the case and YG did end up calling her. All thanks to luck, she thought. She was just going with the flow, trusting her voice and her guitar to see where they take her. She wasn’t even ready and was just being herself but hey, they ended up choosing her anyway out of all the people that auditioned.

 

...

 

The other time that her luck worked it’s magic on her was when her name got called during their final monthly evaluation. 

 

“I’m going to start calling names now. If you get called please step forward.” the famous company CEO, Yang Hyun Suk, says through the mic.

 

Yup. The time has come to decide on the lineup for YG’s new girl group after 6 years.

 

“Lisa.”

 

“Jennie.”

 

“Jisoo.”

 

 

 

 

Rosé held her breath. I’m not gonna make it, she thought.

 

 

 

 

“and Rosé.”

 

 

 

I made it.

 

 

 

“Go to Blacklabel and meet Teddy. After that go to my office.”

 

...

 

Rare is the time when she’s unlucky. With determination, timing and of course- luck, her ways or anything that she desired are always achieved. With that, Rosé is seldom disappointed.

 

But how come now, her luck literally bails on her? Gone are the days of her fortune-magnet-life. It gets even weird because it only seems to do that whenever a certain Goddess of an Actress in the form of Bae Suzy is in the picture.

 

Calm down Chaeyoung...It could be Irene sunbaeni-

 

“Omo? Rosé-ssi?”

 

It was not Irene.

 

The main vocalist tried to steady her rapidly beating heart. All due to surprise, that’s all, she thought. Rosé puts down the magazine that she was reading earlier slowly to face the Goddess standing before her.

 

Compared last time, Suzy’s dressed casual today and mostly all-black. She’s wearing a leather jacket and a fitting v-necked white shirt underneath that hugged her feminine body and ample chest. Her jeans accentuated her waist and elongated her legs. Her perfectly imperfect messy jet black hair was let down and she has light makeup on, but she still managed to look effortlessly beautiful for Rosé.

 

It took Rosé a minute (perhaps longer) to realize that she’s already basically ogling at the woman in front of her and that she hasn’t responded back to her yet.

 

Get a grip!

 

“I-uh...Suzy sunbaenim?”

 

Way to go.

 

“Rosé-ssi, I didn’t know you go here. We really did meet again!” Suzy starts the conversation.

 

Indeed. I didn’t know you go here, and I’m a regular...

 

She stood up and bowed at her senior. “Oh yeah...it’s been a long time since I came back.” she replied and then, she sat back down to the sofa.

 

Suddenly, Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter