Sleep

Rumor Has It (Rosé x Suzy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Roseanne couldn’t sleep.

 

It is one of those Insomniac nights, she thought. She’s been tossing and turning herself into whatever position she can for about an hour now and she’s had enough. She had no idea why, but she knew in herself that she did everything in her power to be able to sleep. 

 

Rosé actually just got home from the company building. It was two in the morning when she was there, alone in one of the practice rooms with her piano, playing whatever pieces she can over and over until she gets tired of it. The routine actually helps her sleep and is a stress reliever at that. It’s a total win.

 

When Rosé noticed the sleepiness starting to take effect on her, she decided to call it a day and asked her manager to take her home. However, it really must be one of those nights, because just when she thought that she’s about to sleep, her body betrays her. The moment she stepped foot in her shared apartment with her members, Rosé’s found her sleepiness all gone.

 

Now, she is wide awake.

 

Ugh, enough of this.

 

Clinging onto the last solution she can think of to sleep, Rosé decided to get up from her bed and go to the kitchen. When she gets there, she opens the fridge immediately to take a look at what’s inside. 

 

There were a lot of milk cartons and a few kimchis mixed here and there on the first and second row, as occupied by her and Jisoo. (although Jisoo strongly insists for Rosé not to put any other food on her rows besides her milk cartons) There were a bunch of coffee jellies too and whatever dessert there is on the third row from Jennie, and lastly, leftover pizzas from Lisa on the fourth. Now, the rest of the rows? Empty.

 

Rosé sighed at this. She is about to commit a crime and she knows that she is going to regret it. I’m sorry Jisoo-unnie, but milk is what I need right now.

 

Deciding to get it over with, Rosé shrugged and took out a milk carton from the fridge. She turned around and she was pretty sure that she almost dropped the milk due to surprise. 

 

“Oh my God!”

 

“What the...?”

 

 

 

It was Jennie. 

 

 

 

“Unnie?” With a hand on her chest, Rosé calls out to the figure in front of her, unsure that it was Jennie since it was dark, and only the light from the fridge is allowing her to see. Also, she wanted to make sure it wasn’t a ghost (It was already around 3 am after all), or worse....Jisoo.

 

The said figure, which indeed turned out to be Jennie, the lights to the kitchen, making their surroundings clearer for the both of them. With squinting eyes, Jennie asks the younger. “Chaeyoung? What are you doing?” 

 

Rosé straightened herself, relieved that the person in front of her isn’t Jisoo. “I.....couldn’t sleep.” she replied, leaning onto the kitchen countertop. “You?”

 

“I couldn’t sleep either.” Jennie responded, while looking at the drink in her member’s hands. Rosé noticed this and smiled sheepishly at her member. “Please don’t tell her.” 

 

Jennie only smirked, “No way.” she said, “It’s what I came here for.” 

 

Rosé laughed at the elder, “Well then, enjoy yourself,” she says in english, accent visible, as she moved to the side when Jennie approached the fridge to take out a milk carton. “At least i won’t be reprimanded alone.” 

 

It was Jennie’s turn to laugh this time, with a milk carton in her hand, she moved away and leaned onto the opposite countertop so that she and Rosé are facing each other. “Me? Reprimanded by her? She would never” she says confidently, knowing Jisoo all too well, while sipping on her drink.

 

Rosé didn't respond and a comfortable silence enveloped the two. She thought that it was about time to bring up the topic they’ve left undiscussed before.

 

The younger between the two inhaled loudly through her nose, a bit nervous to bring up the conversation. “Listen, unnie...” she starts hesitantly, “I’m sorry for the way i acted the other day with you and Kai. I’m not against the two of you or anything. I was just worried about you. About.....us.” she says looking down, while fidgeting on the drink in her hands. 

 

No, she couldn’t face her now...not yet.

 

Jennie focused her eyes on the girl in front of her and smiled. She really adored Rosé and she would always forgive her even if she didn’t apologize. She was beyond impressed, because Rosé might be younger, but she was always the responsible one in all four of them. Not only that but she is also confident, determined, and she knows what she wants that Jennie kind of wished she had some of Rosé qualities. 

 

Jennie knew this was coming. “It’s fine Chaeyoung-ah....You were right. I got carried away.” she pauses. “I’m sorry too that I made you guys upset. I hope you can forgive me, I miss you so much.”  she says while pouting and looking at the girl in front of her eagerly, wishing she’d look in her direction.

 

And it worked. Rosé’s welled up eyes, finally found the courage to look at Jennie’s hopeful ones. Living with the younger for over several years now, it is no longer surprising to see her cry first in literally almost everything. The main vocalist puts her drink down to the kitchen countertop and didn’t think twice to hug her unnie, lowering herself to fit into the latter’s arms and match her height while sobbing on her shoulders. 

 

“Noooooo don’t cry.” Jennie whined, while hugging Rosé back just as tight.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter