The Next Day

Rap-Jun-Zel

Byeongwan woke up and noticed Sehyoon awake. 

"Did you get any sleep?'' he asked. His best friend nodded. A few fireworks went off, making Byeongkwan jump. 

"It must be a birthday at the palace or something'' Sehyoon mumbled then turned when he saw his best friend. Byeongkwan was on his knees, growling. Thinking fast, Sehyoon kneeled before him, taking hold of his shoulders. "Hey come on, relax! Yuchan!'' he shouted. The youngest woke with a jolt and sprang into action. 

"Come on dude, snap out of it'' he said. Byeongkwan's eyes were a bright red. 

"'' Sehyoon mumbled. It had been a while since his best friend acted like this. After a moment, Byeongkwan's breathing slowed and his eyes went back to brown. The other two nodded at each other. 

"Sorry, it was the smell of smoke that made me...lose it'' Byeongkwan explained. Yuchan went to the corner and sat down. He was always scared when his friend did that. When the atmosphere finally calmed down, Byeongkwan went to the youngest and hugged him from behind. 

"I'm sorry'' he whispered. 

Junhee rejoined his parents after spending a day in the tower. His mother had explained all to her husband. 

"You alright son?'' he asked. The prince just nodded, not wanting to talk. Most of the night he spent crying. He didn't want anyone to know that. He didn't want anyone to think he was weak. Helping himself to some fruit, the door opened. Two men walked in and Junhee had a huge smile on his face. 

"Donghun!'' he called, getting off his seat. Junhee's mother got up and bowed.

"We're so happy you arrived'' she said to them. Donghun went to the prince and smiled. 

"Long time no see'' he said. Junhee hugged him. They had been friends for a long time. Donghun's mother was a fashion designer and made outfits for the royals. "My mother will be here shortly, she's working on a new robe'' Donghun added with a wink. Junhee's mother sqealed in delight. 

"I can't wait to see it! Oooh, I have to tell her of an outfit I want for the ball!'' she said before running out the room. All the men laughed. 

 

In the crowded street, Sehyoon and Yuchan had headed out to get breakfast. Byeongkwan wanted to come but was ordered to stay home. The plan was to get bread and hopefully some water. Yuchan was going to sweet talk the woman working there while Sehyoon did the stealing. He hated it but had no choice. Taking the bottle of water, he sneaked out. Reaching the corner, he noticed his friend hadn't followed him. Annoyed, he saw Yuchan. He was still chatting the girl up. She was beet red and fanning herself. Not wanting attention, he whistled. To his delight, Yuchan saw and ran out. The woman was too flustered to follow. 

Back in their hideout, the three of them ate and drank. Bywongkwan looked so much better. 

"Thanks'' he said, after taking a huge gulp of water. 

"No probs, oh there is a party going on tomorrow at the palace'' Yuchan told them. Sehyoon and Byeongkwan stared at him like he'd just said something crazy. 

"How the hell do you know?'' Sehyoon asked. 

"See, I'm not just a pretty face. The woman told me. I can get intel when I need to'' he replied. Byeongkwan nodded, clearly impressed. 

"Maybe we can get a sneak peak, maybe get some food'' he suggested. 

"Yeah, also, I heard the prince is the most beautiful person to live'' Yuchan whispered. Sehyoon raised his eyebrows before bursting out laughing. 

"That girl tell you that too?'' 

Yuchan shook his head. "Nope, that's what everyone says'' he told him. His words made Sehyoon more interested. They had never seen the prince before and wondered if he was what people said. Byeongkwan was humming to himself. He was excited now. 

"That sounds like a plan. It could be fun'' he said. Yuchan cheered happily. Shrugging his shoulders, Sehyoon knew he didn't have a choice. He agreed with them and they all ended up laughing into the night.