Not Used To This

Rap-Jun-Zel

Yuchan shot up and screamed from the nightmare he had. Byeongkwan was already up and hugged the youngest. 

"Shhh, it's alright'' he said over and over, knowing it wasn't true. Yuchan was panting and sweating. The scene made Sehyoon pissed off. Now, he wished they never left their hideout. "We need to get out of here'' Byeongkwan added. Sehyoon slapped his thighs. 

"How?!'' his tone angry. It made Yuchan flinch. A noise was heard and they all turned. Junhee was behind the cell door, holding a tray. Opening the cell, he placed it on the small table in the corner. Byeongkwan saw cakes and started to crawl. 

"It's fine. There is fruit for you too'' he told them kindly. Yuchan ran to the table. Byeongkwan joined him and they both ate some cake. The prince giggled at them. 

"Why you doing this?'' Sehyoon snapped. The prince looked at him and just like that, Sehyoon froze. "Umm, I'm sorry'' he blurted. The prince didn't look offended. Instead, he nodded. 

"We aren't getting sent to the gallows are we?'' Byeongkwan asked. Suddenly, the atmosphere was intense. Yuchan stopped eating, holding a half eaten apple. The prince shook his head and smiled. After all three of them ate, Junhee told them they could leave the cell. Alarm bells rang in Sehyoon's ears. 

"Wait a sec, where are you taking us?'' he said. The prince didn't answer. The huge doors opened and they were led inside the throne room. The King and Queen were sitting. Junhee bowed at his parents. Sehyoon and the gang, bowed too. The queen got up and approached them, a look of concern on her face. After, she turned to her son. 

"You told them your plan?'' she asked. Turning to his father, Junhee cleared his throat.  

"Dad, I want these men living here with us. I want them as bodyguards'' he announced. The queen clapped joyfully, pleased with the idea. Yuchan, Byeongkwan and Sehyoon couldn't believe what they just heard. Dinnertime felt strange. The three of them stared at the food. They'd never seen that much food before. The butler asked them what drink they wanted. Yuchan didn't know what to say. Byeongkwan was too busy eating. The queen was smiling, watching him.  

"Right, down to business'' the king said. All eyes were on him. Junhee gulped. "We need to arrange Junhee's marriage'' he continued. Sehyoon choked on his drink. Putting his glass down, he remembered the conversation he overheard. 

"Dad...please'' Junhee mumbled, clearly not wanting this discussion. 

"We need you to marry before the last-'' the king suddenly stopped, noticing the stare from his wife. The others were confused. 

"The last what?'' Yuchan asked, beating the prince to it. The king faked a laugh. 

"Nothing. Don't worry. Go ahead, eat!'' he cheered. After dinner, Byeongkwan, Yuchan and Sehyoon were led to their rooms. At first they were stunned, not having to share. The queen also informed them they could decorarate their rooms to what they wanted. They were lost for words. 

That night however, Sehyoon struggled to sleep. He couldn't remember the last time he slept on a proper bed with blankets and pillows. Frustrated, he sat up and decided to have some air. On his own balcony, he breathed in the night air. It was slightly chilly but he didn't mind. He was about to go back in when he heard singing. Kneeling down, he could see Junhee singing. His voice was strong but he sounded like he was sad. Hearing his voice made Sehyoon want to go to him...to hold him. Gasping, he shook himself, shocked he imagined that and went back into his room. Breathing heavy, he ran back to his bed. Pulling the covers over him, he prayed, hoping he would fall asleep.