The Grand Ball

Rap-Jun-Zel

"Seriously Sehyoon, if this doesn't work, I'll hate you forever!'' Yuchan called halfway up the vines. Sehyoon laughed at his friend's reply and finally made it to the balcony. He helped Byeongkwan up, then the youngest. 

"See, no probs'' he said with a wink. Yuchan rolled his eyes, not wanting to admit defeat. They entered a room and looked around. The huge table was in the middle. Chandeliers were on the ceiling. They'd hadn't seen anything so stunning before. Voices were heard and they all hid behind the curtains. 

Junhee rushed into the room, his robes flowing behind him. His mother was chasing him. 

"Sweetie'' she said. Junhee turned, his face angry with a hint of sadness. 

"Dad has just said there will be someone here to claim my hand in marriage! I can't!'' 

"Darling...'' 

"Just give me a moment'' the prince said, running out of the room. Behind the curtain, Sehyoon, Yuchan and Byeongkwan stood still. Having overheard the conversation, they felt sorry for the young prince. When the room was silent again, they sneaked out, wanting to see more. They came to a corridor and didn't know where to go next. 

"Damn, there are so many rooms'' Byeongkwan said. Sehyoon crossed his arms. 

"Intruders!'' a guard roared behind them. 

"!'' Sehyoon mumbled before breaking into a run. His best friends close behind. "We have to split up!'' he said. Byeongkwan was almost down the stairs when his shoe came off. He turned to get it but was caught. 

"No!'' Yuchan cried, trying to reach him. Another guard caught him too. Not wanting to leave his best friends behind, Sehyoon stopped, turned and held his hands up, surrendering. 

Junhee huffed, not wanting this ball to go ahead. His mother tapped his shoulder. 

"Honey please. Just pretend to have fun'' she said. The blue haired one stepped forward, the guests watching him. The stares annoyed him. He took another step and suddenly froze. His scalp started to tingle. Eyes bulging, he began to panic. It was too soon for his hair to grow. Donghun took his hand and led in to the middle of the ballroom. 

"Dance with me'' he said. Junhee took a shaky breath before nodding. They both started to move. The prince was held tight. "Lose yourself with the music. Lean on me'' Donghun whispered in his ear. Junhee looked up at him. Donghun was also wearing a robe but his was black and made of silk. He also had his hair tied in a tight bun. His nose ring made him look very y. 

"I-I...I'm just...'' Junhee started to say before noticing Donghun's red, shiny lips. Slowly, he leaned forward. Their lips almost touched when the doors burst open. The prince backed away, his face red and hot. The king stood up, demanding answers from the guards. 

"Ow!'' Yuchan cried as he was shoved to the floor. Byeongkwan was beside them, then Sehyoon. 

"These dirtbags were in the palace Majesty. We demand them to be sent to the gallows'' 

"No!'' Yuchan screamed, tears running down his face. Junhee run to the guards. 

"You will do no such thing!'' he ordered. The three of them saw the prince for the first time. Even though he was crying, Yuchan was amazed. Byeongkwan's jaw dropped. Sehyoon was speechless. He'd never seen anyone so beautiful. 

The king shook his head. "Take them to the cells'' he said. The intruders were taken away. The guests were all whispering now. Donghun approached the prince and pulled him away. Junhee sat down, his legs shaking. This night certainly ended up full of surprises.