A Touch

Based On A True Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So... Hwang Eunbi huh?"

Eunha looks up from her notes that she was finishing up and sees Luda smiling at her.

"What?"

"Hwang Eunbi. You like her."

"Who said?"

"You did...at least not explicitly." Her cheeky smile gets bigger when she notices the other's cheeks turn peach.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Eunha says as she turns her attention back to her notes.

"I don't know you guys that well yet, but I do know that it's not one-sided." 

As the next teacher comes in the classroom, Luda turns towards the front of the classroom again. Eunha heard what she said and couldn't help but, "could it?"

-----

 

"Do you want to get a snack?" Eunha asks Luda once break starts.

"I think I'm alright. I'll wait until lunch."

"Me too."

"W—" 

Before she can say anything else, she hears a rough yell from outside. Eunha knew who owned that voice, and she honestly wasn't surprised. Luda peeks out the window and sees Eunbi and Juyeon chasing each other. 

"Those two are a handful, aren't they?" Eunha asks.

"They're pretty fun. And actually really nice despite how they tease each other." Luda continues to watch the two who were now poking each other, except one was obviously ticklish.

"They really are."

Luda looks at her when she hears her pause. There was a certain glint in Eunha's eye, and saw that she was looking down at Eunbi as she followed her line of sight.

"They're so tall," Luda changes the topic.

"We're just short, Luda," Eunha laughs out. 

"But we're cute."

-----

 

"How's Luda doing?"

"She's not doing bad so far. I introduced her to some of my friends and she likes the teachers." Eunha takes a bite out of her sandwich and scrolls through her phone.

"That's good."

"She doesn't like how far the cafeteria is from the classroom though," she chuckles.

"Me too. Have you talked about the senior exams yet?" Eunwoo asks. 

"I was going to during second break."

Cha Eunwoo wasn't a bad president. A top student, responsible, polite: all qualities of a good one.

But Eunha hated how people assumed they were a thing just because of their similarities in character and positions within the class government. 

"Alright. Is there anything else we should address?" 

Eunha hums in thought. "No, not really. It's only the second day."

"Then I'll see you around, Eunha. I'm always in the next classroom." 

They go their separate ways: Eunha going back to the cafeteria and Eunwoo probably going to study in the library.

Eunha comes back to see Luda and Juyeon laughing out loud, and Eunbi just shaking her head.

"What'd I miss?" she asks as she takes her seat.

"Juyeon was telling me about a time when she opened a door and accidentally hit the principal in the face! She didn't know what to say so she just said sorry and ran away!" Luda's face was red from laughing, and Juyeon's from embarrassment.

"I was the one that said a proper apology, given that I was right behind you," Eunbi calmly adds.

"I was there! In the hallway. I couldn't even laugh because I was so surprised." Eunha recalls the memory of going to see her homeroom teacher.

The girls continue sharing stories while they eat their meals. Juyeon sharing her slapstick moments, Eunbi talking about her puppy, Luda comparing her previous school, and Eunha listening. 

Eunha was known throughout the school, but that didn't mean she had friends. Sure, there were people who were nice to her, but none she could call an actual friend. 

It wasn't until Hwang Eunbi recognized her one day last year. While they don't hang ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter