A Date pt. 2

Based On A True Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh sh—"

She runs to her room and picks up her phone, immediately opening the messaging app.

'YAH SON JUYEON DID YOU KNOW MY SUSPENSION DAY WAS TODAY???'

'No??? u never told me when it was'

'Take whatever notes you can for me'

'ofc ofc
I'll still stop by'

Eunbi palms her forehead and gets up to change out of her uniform. A few minutes later, she hears a bell ring and looks out the window, seeing her friend come to a stop at her gate.

She opens the gate with a pout, making Juyeon cringe at her. "Okay, I get it. You're sad. Stop pouting."

"No, you don't get it! I had a surprise planned for unnie and everything. And I wanted to show everyone that we're okay! Juyeon, help me," she whines.

"How can I even help? It wouldn't mean the same thing if I did it for you." The taller crosses her arm, putting one leg up on her bike and the other still on the ground. "And wouldn't you want a live reaction? She would want to thank you personally and—"

"Okay! I get it. Thank you," she says harshly. "I mean, c'mon. I didn't get to see her the whole weekend so she can rest. I just..." she taps her fingers together as she starts to blush. "You know..."

"Wow... You going soft, Hwang?" Juyeon teases. She glances at her watch and clutches the handles. "I gotta go now." She puts a hand up, stopping Eunbi from saying something. "Don't worry, I'll watch over her. Bye~"

 

Eunbi goes back inside and plops down on her couch, sulking. She had texted Eunha earlier, which resulted in the older calling her just to laugh. She reassured her it was going to be okay. 

She's not sure if the senior heard it right before hanging up, but Eunbi whispered an 'I miss you.' As cheesy as it is, she's been waiting for this for a long time, so it's only normal for her to want to be with Eunha all the time now. 

Glancing at the clock, she counts, "Only seven more hours until they're done." Going back into her room, the gift bag on her bed now looked sad, as if it was mirroring her emotions right now. She opens it, removes the pile of gift tissue, and takes out a plush bunny. She the face, pouting as she thinks about how her plan was supposed to go.

She was supposed to go into Eunha's classroom earlier than her, put it inside her locker, and hide around the corner outside to watch how she reacts. 

Well, Eunbi could still do it tomorrow. 

But she hyped herself up over the weekend for this and now her hype was shut down. 

Also, she can't think of any pun for Tuesday. She can't just leave the pun she wrote on the card about Monday.

Soon, boredom hits her. She wouldn't usually be bored, but she didn't choose to do nothing today. But what's the quickest way to pass time? 

By taking a nap.

So Eunbi finds herself groggily turning her phone on four hours later, reading texts from her friend that currently don't make any sense. She shakes her head to wake up a bit more. She scrolls and sees that she has a missed call from—

Eunha. 

Her eyes shoot open, feeling a little relieved that it was only from five minutes ago. So, she calls back.

Rings twice. "Eunbi~"

That made her smile.

"Hi," she giggles in a low voice. "What's up? Why the call?"

"Just wanted to see how you're doing. Juyeon said you have something for me?"

Eunbi's eye twitches a little. She says in her sweetest possible voice, "Could you hand her the phone for a second?"

"Sure." Eunha's voice fades into the background noise, but her talking to Juyeon could be heard a little.

"Hey Hwa—"

"YAH DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO KEEP A SECRET?!" she yells into her phone. She hears the other's muffled voice saying, "I think I'm deaf in this ear now."

"Yah you spoiled my plans!"

"It's so you can make a move," Juyeon whispers. "Since you didn't get to see her today, ask her on a date. Then you can give it. And stop whining."

Eunbi sighs and realizes that's not a bad change of plans. "That's actually pretty good." Her voice changes back to sweet. "This is why you're my best friend: I can always count on you!"

"Psh. Anyway, here's Eunha unnie again."

A second of silence, then there was that cute voice. "Hello?"

"Hey so... I know it's a Monday, but I was wondering if you have any homework later?" She bites her lip nervously, hoping the senior says no.

"Mmm none that I know of. It's almost Chuseok, so the teachers aren't really assigning stuff."

"Great!" She pauses and takes a breath. "Do you want to go out somewhere later?"

She's left with quiet on the other end for a moment, then she hears an 'oh.'

"...sure. Do youuu have anywhere in mind?"

"Samgyeopsal?"

"Oooh, I don't think I can ever say no to that." 

"Then I guess I found your weakness," Eunbi flirts. "Anyway, we could talk about it more later after classes."

"Of course. I'll see you later then."

The junior's cheeks begin to hurt from smiling so much. "I'll see you later." When the call ends, Eunbi grabs her pillow and squeals into it, surprised that actually happened.

 

On the other end, Luda and Juyeon begin to pester Eunha for details.

"Sooo?" the former woos.

"So, what?" Eunha asks, fully knowing what she means. There's still a big smile on her face that doesn't go away even while she chews her food.

"What did you two talk abouuuut?" Juyeon wiggles her eyebrows and has a snide grin.

"Nothing!" The blush on her face doesn't lie, however.

"Oh come on, we all know you have a date later. Just spill it right now so we won't annoy you later," Luda grins, light-heartedly threatening.

"Well... there's not much to spill. We're going to a samgyeopsal place. Pretty much it."

"That's it?" the youngest scoffs.

"Hey, it's their first date. And it's a school night. I think that's a great choice." Luda warmly smiles at the other senior, reassuring her.

Eunha moves her food around with her chopsticks. "Are we moving too fast?" she worries.

Juyeon scoffs. "First of all, you're asking the worst people for this. Sunbae and I have never been in relationships." Despite the slap on the arm from the other, she continues. "But I don't think you are. You've liked each other for how long. It's good that you're heading into it."

"I agree. As long as you're not blinded to the truth, ignoring red flags, or... getting married, it's okay to go at this pace," Luda shrugs.

Eunha lets out a breathy laugh as she ponders on everything they said. It'll be okay.

--

 

Juyeon recently realized how quiet it could get without her best fri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter