A Bad Idea

Based On A True Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi runs down the stairs, almost unable to control her speed. She jumps down the last few steps and zooms away. Juyeon is right behind her, but takes more cautious steps. 

"She's gonna fall face first some day..." she sighs. 

"JUYEON!" she hears from afar.

As she turns the corner, she sees Eunbi running back towards her.

"LOOK!" Eunbi points at the board, excited and beaming.

Juyeon's eyes widen as she scans the board of names quickly and finds Eunha's and Luda's names. 

"Woah..." Her jaw drops and her eyes can't look away.

Eunbi bounces up and down as she shakes the other aggressively. "We have to go congratulate them!!" Before the taller could even reply, Eunbi is already making her way up the stairs to the seniors' classrooms.

Juyeon sighs again and follows her, but chooses to walk.

As she gets there, she sees them right outside their classroom. Luda was standing at the side but Eunha—

"What the hell."

—Eunha was currently buried in Eunbi's arms as she hugs her tightly. 

Juyeon slowly heads their way, exchanging a clueless look with Luda. The older shrugs with a small smile, not answering Juyeon's unsaid question.

Eunbi finally pulls away, keeping an arms distance away after realizing what she did only after doing it. 

"I uhm... I'm happy for you...unnie." She awkwardly laughs, but abruptly stops and clears when the other shows no reaction.

"Thank you...but I still can't believe it." Eunha runs her hand through her hair.

"But I thought you've always been at the top of the class. It's just about time that you become the first," Luda comments.

"But no one's ever beat him before," Eunha rebutts.

"Beat who?"

"Cha Eunwoo." Juyeon, being the sociable girl she is, knew all the tea about the school. One thing about the seniors class was that no one could top Cha Eunwoo. He was elected president for that reason. So for Eunha to place higher than him, that's truly going to be the talk of the school.

"The...president?" Luda asks, still confused.

"Here he comes now."

Eunwoo walked down the hallway, ignoring the eyes around him. He looks towards them and smiles that well-known smile. 

"Congratulations, Eunha. I'm happy for you." He side-eyes Eunbi for a split second, unknowing that one of them saw it. "If you're not too busy, could I buy you some food after classes? My treat."

"Sure. I don't think I can ever say no to free food." She returns the smile as he waves goodbye and enters his classroom down the hall. 

The bell rings, signifying the end of lunch. 

Heading up the stairs, Juyeon notices Eunbi's dark aura. 

"I can't believe he beat you to it," she casually says.

She immediately shuts up however when she sees the spine-chilling glare directed towards her.

-----

"Are you dumb?"

"I'm just looking out for her."

Eunbi was currently hidden behind a bush— at least that's what she told Juyeon over the phone. 

Juyeon had to leave right after school got off to make it to her shift at the bakery, leaving her best friend alone to her schemes. The taller knew she was going to do this, and is sad that she couldn't be there to keep Eunbi under control.

"So what's happening now?" She checks the clock quickly to see how much time she has left on her break.

"They're just walking and talking."

"Look, I know you're jealous, but you're kinda being weird right now."

"I've always had a bad feeling about him. It just got worse when he asked her to do this with him. Something doesn't feel right."

"Does he look fishy right now?"

There's a pause on the other end of the phone.

"...no."

"Does unnie look uncomfortable?"

"...no."

"Hwang Eunbi, go home." 

She hears a long grumble, and then another moment of silence after.

"Fine."

"I can come over when I finish."

"Yes please."

-----

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter