A Look

Based On A True Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why are you annoying as hell?"

"Why do you still love me despite that?"

"Oh, shut up."

It's too early in the morning for this bickering, but it's never stopped them. The two lock their bikes on the rack and make their way into the school grounds.

It was this thing they've been doing since they were ten years old. Going to school early on the first day just to save their favorite seats: by the windows, towards the back. 

So after dropping their bags off, they decided to hang out on the bleachers, watching students enter the gates.

"You doing anything after school?" Eunbi asks before taking a sip from her chocolate milk.

"Oh yeah, I didn't tell you. I got a job at a bakery! It's the one down the street where we got those macarons last time." 

"Huh... They were pretty good. I bet you'll burn the place down..."

"Ya!" Juyeon pinches the other's side playfully.

"Just kidding. I guess you won't have a lot of free time from now on?" Eunbi frowns.

"You're acting like I'll be working there full time. It's only four days a week after school, and we still have time to hang out in school." Juyeon stretches her long legs out and sighs. "And plus, I don't study so you know I won't be with books."

"You're right, you're right." She slurps on the last drops in the milk carton before crushing it in her hand.

"Sooo... About a certain unnie..." The taller has a big smirk on her face as she turns to Eunbi. "I see her walking in right now."

Eunbi turns her head to look and there she was: Jung Eunha. Her short hair was always eye catching, but she had this certain glow that mesmerized Eunbi everytime. Or maybe it's just how Eunbi sees her.

"You know... you don't have that much time left. Graduation's just around the corner to her." The shorter sees Juyeon wiggling her eyebrows at her, still wearing that snide smirk.

Turning her eyes back to the senior at a distance, she sighs at the realization. "The school year just started!" As if on cue, Eunha looks in their direction and waves with a big smile on her face. With her cheeks tinting, Eunbi manages to wave back shyly, but is of course ruined by Juyeon's giant arm waves.

Eunha chuckles at that and continues walking. 

"Son Juyeon, if you do that again, you can kiss your free Yakults goodbye," Eunbi says through clenched teeth.

"No, not the Yakults!" 

-----

 

"Hwang Eunbi!"

"O-oh, hi unnie." 

"Is it alright if we sit with you?" Eunha asks.

"Uhh—"

"Yes, of course! No problem, unnie." Juyeon glares at Eunbi, as if she was saying get your sh*t together, but with her eyes.

"So! Hwang Eunbi, Son Juyeon, meet Lee Luda. She's new to the school and as class vice president, I have the honor of helping her adjust."

"Hello, it's great to meet you guys," Luda greets politely with a bow of her head. 

The younger two reciprocate along with bright smiles.

"I hope the school is treating you well so far," Eunbi responds.

"So Hwang Eunbi here I met when we were kids, but only met again last year when she started high school." Eunha explains to Luda while chewing on some meat.

"And I'm her one and only bestie!" Juyeon boasts. 

Luda and Eunha giggle at that, and Eunbi swears she could just melt. 

-----

 

"You look prettier upside down."

"So do you."

An hour after school let out, and half an hour before Juyeon started her shift. They always hang out in the playground close to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter