Chapter 04

Demo 1004

I was out of my mind that I was too late to realize there's a girl running like crazy towards me. I bumped into her and she landed on the floor.

"Oh I'm sorry!"

I reached out my hand to her. But she just ignored me. She buried her face on her knees.

Wait. I think I saw this happened before.

I bend a little to look at her face.

I heard her sobbing. Is she crying?

"Are you okay, miss?"

She raised her head and looked at me. Our eyes met. We stared at each other for a moment.

Her eyes. It's really familiar.

She stood up, bowed to me and ran away.

I was frozen there. But then I managed to stand up and followed her though I can't see her already.

***

I reached the rooftop thinking that if she's really her, this is the only place she will go.

I opened the door of the rooftop. Only the wind welcomed me. I walked slowly inside the rooftop, every step I made is such a nostalgia.

It's been eight years since I've been here. And it all started here...

 

-Flashback-


I was running away from my dad's office, I don't know where I am going. I was just following my feet where it will lead me. And here I found myself on the rooftop. The cool breeze of wind and the starry sky welcomed me.

"Wah...."

I was so amazed that I forgot that I am sad. I went near the edge of the rooftop and climbed the railings. I wanted to reach the stars. So I reached out my hand, but of course no matter how hard I try I just can't reach it just like my dream. I felt sad again as I thought of that.

"YAH!!!"

I was so startled with the sudden shout of someone that I lost my balance and was about to fall off the building. Is this the end of my life?

“Noooo please God, I'm too young!!!” I said to myself as I'm waiting for myself to fall when someone hugged me from the back which kept me from falling.

"No please! Don't jump!"

Jump? What!?

When I was calmed, I stepped down from the railings, removed the arms hugging me and faced that person.

"YAH! ARE YOU CRAZY? YOU ALMOST KILLED ME!"

She was taken aback.

"W-what? Wah!" she looked at me with disbelief.

"Yah Mr. Heir! So you're really a jerk kid, huh?"

She's looking down on me since she's a little taller. Mr. Heir? Wait. How did she know?

"How did you know that I'm an heir? Are you my stalker? Kidnapper? And who are you to call me a kid?"

Yeah I'm a little jerk but I'm not a kid! I'm already twelve years old! I tiptoed to level her.

"Me!? I'm your ANGEL! Because I saved you!" she said while smiling widely and flapping her hands like wings

 

-End of Flashback-



I chuckled remembering that. Who would have thought that the person who almost killed me is the same person who saved me?

She saved me from falling off the building, but I think I fell somewhere else.