Chapter 03

Demo 1004

Days passed after that cruel announcement. We're slowly adjusting to the situation. And now, we're in the practice room preparing for our Monthly Evaluation.

"Are you sure you can dance?"

"Hah! You don't believe me?"

She started moving her body. Every move she makes was breathtaking. She danced gracefully like a girl yet powerfully like a guy. It was so amusing.

"Come on!"

She invited me as if she was challenging me to dance too. I started dancing too but then...


"Ouch!"

I hit the floor.

"Are you okay?"

They asked me worriedly. I'm daydreaming... again.

I held my right arm. I can feel the pain and I couldn't hide it.

"I'm sorry Hanbin ah"

Yunhyeong hyung said since I'm doing a stunt with him and Donghyuk when that happened.

"Let's go to the hospital." Jinhwan hyung said.

"I'm okay hyung."

"You're injured! How can you be okay?" he shouted but I know he's just worried.

"Fine. I'll go. And you two..." I pointed to Yunhyeong hyung and Donghyuk, "keep practicing. I keep getting hurt because you're not doing it right."

I know I shouldn't be angry at them, it's my fault. I didn't focus.

***

So I went to the hospital with one of our staff. I looked out of the window of the car as it stopped.

"Hyung, why here?"

"Why not here? It's your dad's hospital and it's the nearest."

I know and that’s the reason why. Well, it’s not that I’m not in a good term with dad, yes before, but I’m still awkward with him.

-Flashback-

I heaved a sigh before I opened the door of my dad’s office. I was so nervous. He’s sitting on his chair as usual busy writing something.

“Dad…”

“What is it?” he asked without even looking at me.

“I want to be a trainee.”

“That’s what I am doing now. I’m training you as an heir of this hospital.”

“No dad… I mean trainee… to be an artist.”

This time he took time to look at me.

“What?”

“Dad, it’s been my dream…”

“Dream? Do you even know that? You’re too young to dream! Besides, I didn’t raise a son just to sell for entertainment”

“B-but dad…”

“That’s enough Hanbin! If you’ll just keep spouting nonsense, you may get out. I’m busy.”

My fist closed. I was treambling. Tears are about to fall from my eyes. I was about to get out of his room when I turned back to him.

“By the way dad… you didn’t raise a son. You just raised an heir.”

I said as I ran out from his room.

-End of Flashback-


Dad used to be so strict and scary. And until now, I didn’t know what made him change so much and that he even supports my dream.

"Let's just go to another hospital hyung. A clinic will do... please" I said as I pouted. Please work.

"Yah don't be childish. Come on!"

I frowned. My aegyo didn't work. I will not do it anymore! He pulled me out of the car.

"Ouch hyung!" 

"Yah you think I'm a fool? It's your right arm that's injured."

"Oh really?" I said and smiled shyly as I scratched the back of my head. Stupid Hanbin.

So we went inside and had my checkup.

"What did the doctor say?"

"I'm fine. I just sprained it a little."

"Oh that's good. By the way, do you want to visit your dad? I'll wait for you here."

"No need. He's probably busy. I'll just go to the restroom."

I excused myself. And as I was walking in the hallway, I felt nostalgic.

-Flashback- 


"Yah! Don't run!"

The nurses are yelling at us as we run through the hallway. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her with me.

"Let's run quickly!" I said as we were laughing and running together.

"Yah Hanbin ah! Hold on!"

We stopped running. She was gasping for air.

"Why do you get tired so easily? You can't be a dancer if you're like that."

She glared at me. Oops. I forgot she has a temper.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing! Hahahaha!"

I run away from her as she tried to catch me.

-End of Flashback-


I was out of my mind that I was too late to realize there's a girl running like crazy towards me.