Chapter 02

Demo 1004

"Wait! Don't go! No... please..."

 

"HANBIN AH!"
 
I opened my eyes. I saw Jinhwan hyung standing beside me looking so worried.
 
"Hah...Hah...Hah"
 
I was catching for my breath.
 
"You're just dreaming. It's okay."
 
I got up of my bed. I held my head with my both hands and start scratching it.
 
"Hanbin! Stop it! What's wrong?"
 
He grabbed my wrist to stop me. I was calmed.
 
"Get ready now. YG wants to meet us."
 
He said as he left the room.
 
I sighed deeply. It's been so long since I've seen her in my dreams.
 
'Why do you still look beautiful even in my dreams?'. 'Why do you have to leave me even in my dreams?'
 
I sighed again. This won't do. I get up, prepared myself and went out of the dorm.
 
The managers and staff arrived and picked us up with a van.
 
Something's fishy.
 
While we were in the van we can't stop but wondered what's waiting for us in the training center. Actually everyday, we woke up unsure of what's ahead of us but today feels different. But one thing is for sure, we're all hoping for the same thing - Debut.
 
We head straight to the basement. And as we opened the door, we were all shocked with what's inside.
 
There's a lot of cameras and PDs waiting for us. It's been so long since we've been surrounded with cameras.
 
We bowed to them as we went inside. We're looking at each other, confused.
 
They're filming us. What's the meaning of this?
 
We sat by the bench as we wait for YG. The tension inside the room is rising up. We started to feel uneasy.
 
A moment after, YG came in. We all bowed to him. There's really something with his aura that makes people scared and nervous.
 
He greeted us and asked us how we are doing. Then he started explaining to us what's going on. He announced that we'll be having another survival program again which is the “Mix & Match” along with the announcement of the fixed members that will debut under the group named, 'iKON'.
 
"Kim Hanbin, Bobby, and Kim Jinhwan. You three are the official members of iKON. The rest, you need to compete with the new trainees."
 
It was really a shocking revelation to all of us. I couldn't be happy nor sad in this situation. I'm worried about my other members.
 
"You'll meet the new trainees... now. You two, come in."
 
And with that as a signal, two new faces came in. They bowed to us, and so we did too. They too, look so nervous and uneasy.
 
YG then left us dumbfounded.
 
No one's talking until Bobby hyung broke the ice.
 
"Annyeong! I'm B to the O to the double B Y. Bobby hyung." he introduced himself with full of energy as he tried to lighten up the mood. Our mood maker indeed.
 
The two introduced themselves to us and so we introduced ourselves to them too. But after that, it became silent again. I think it will take some time before we can adjust with the new members. It's still hard for us to accept them wholeheartedly. It was so awkward. Even I, the leader don't know what to do in this situation.
 
The atmosphere was so gloomy. I feel more uneasy when Donghyuk starts crying. Junhoe is about to cry also but he's hiding it. I know how they feel. They've been here for more than 2 years now, it seems like all their hardwork became wasted. I know how they feel but I don't know how to respond. I feel so useless.
 
Yunhyeong hyung comforted them. He's in the same situation with them but he chose not to show his weakness. Seeing my members like this, broke my heart. This is so cruel. How can they do this to us?