Chapter 01

Demo 1004

I was standing on stage in front of thousands of people. My body felt numb as if I can't feel anything.

I was holding my breath.

All I can hear was my heart pounding like it was about to explode. The person beside me held my hand. For a moment it gave me warmth. I can feel his body trembling and his hand shaking. We held our hands more tightly as I closed my eyes.

The light striked directly at us that even though my eyes were closed, I can't see darkness. Seconds have just passed but it feels so long until...
 
"THE WINNER IS... TEAM A! Congratulations!"
 
The crowd's yell and cheer filled the whole stadium. It was a deafening moment. I opened my eyes and all I can see was the light striked directly at me. At that moment, I felt warmth on my face as it gets wet. Tears were pouring out from my eyes. I heaved a very deep sigh.
 
'Finally it's finish. I have no regrets.'
 
That's all I can ever think of at that time. I gave everything I have. I did my best. I know. I have no regrets.
 
I will stand on this stage again with a victorious smile and tears of joy. I promise. Just wait for me.
 
***
 
Months have already been passed after that but I can still clearly remember every moment happened that night, the final stage of the survival show “WIN”. Everytime I remember that, my heart starts to pound again. It seems like I can still hear the crowd's yell and I can still see that light. That light that was like saying to me, there's still hope.
 
'Finally it's finish. I have no regrets.'
 
It's finished yet I need to start again. I still have something to prove. I still have someone to prove to.
 
I found myself sitting in front of a computer, with a pen and notebook in my hand. I was writing lyrics. Lyrics that can express my heart.
 
Wait (wait) because I’ll go to you right now
Wherever you are, I’ll go
Wait for me, hey, time is ticking faster
Wait (wait) because I’ll go to you right now
I’ll run against time and go to you
Wait for me yeah
So that my heart can reach her
 
Time go faster
Time go to her
So I can reach her~
 
This song is for our fans who believed and supported us till the end and for the girl who got tired on believing and supporting me.
 
Does waiting really hurts? Does waiting really tiring? If it does, then... please stay where you are now. I'll come to you instead. How I wish time goes faster because I'm afraid... I'm afraid that you'd get tired waiting too.
 
*knock.knock*
 
"Are you busy?"
 
Jinhwan hyung went near me.
 
"Sort of."
 
"We'll go back to the dorm now."
 
"Okay. I'll stay here. I just need to finish this."
 
"Okay. Don't tire out yourself."
 
He said as he pat my back and went out of the room.
 
After finishing what I'm doing, I cleaned up my mess. I looked at the clock to check the time.
 
It's 4am.
 
I went out of the training center and walk straight to our dorm.
 
I was walking through the dark street with only the lamp posts lighting it. The stores were still closed except for those 24/7 convinience store. Spring has almost ended and summer is about to come but I still feel cold as the wind blows through me.
 
It's been 3 years since I've been walking back and forth on this street from our dorm to training center and from training center to our dorm.
 
Sometimes I asked myself, 'How long? How long will I still wait?'. Actually it even gets tiring to ask that again and again. But I can't give up. I can't get tired. There are people who's relying on me.
 
I reached our dorm finally. The kids were all asleep. I tried not to make even a single noise to not wake anyone. Fortunately I managed to do it.
 
I throw myself to bed. Closed my eyes. And fell asleep.
 
"Hanbin ah! Hanbin ah!"
 
"Oh?"
 
Her face was so closed to mine. Her monolid eyes were opened wide. Her smile flashed so brightly.
 
"Ouch!"
 
She flicked my forehead.
 
"Yah. You're out of your mind again? Hmm... I know what you're thinking."
 
She placed her chin on top of her hand and looked at me as if she's thinking deeply. She leaned closer to me.
 
"W-what?"
 
"You're thinking... I'm pretty."
 
My face turned red as I feel hot. I was flustered that I pushed her away. But I think I pushed her too hard that she landed on the floor.
 
She buried her face on her knees. Then I heard her sobbing.
 
"H-hey. I'm sorry."
 
I went near her to help her up but she pushed me away.
 
"Get lost! I'm tired of you!"
 
She said as she runaway.
 
"Wait! Don't go! No... please..."