chapter three

fragments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jihyo dear, can you promise me something?" The room was bright, the vase on the bedside table was full of colorful flowers, yet the aura inside was gloomy. It was dark, and sad and Jihyo didn't like it. She approached the woman lying on the bed as the small monitor kept beeping loudly, alerting her that something bad was happening.

She wanted to leave. She wanted to call someone but Tzuyu beat her to it. It should've been Tzuyu staying here with her mom, not her. She should've been the one calling the doctors, not Tzuyu.

Mrs. Chou held on Jihyo's hand tightly, smiling at the girl even though she was in a lot of pain.

"What is it, auntie?" Jihyo put herself on the chair just beside the bed where Tzuyu sat earlier.

"Can you make her happy? Give her everything that makes her happy?" The request shocked the younger girl, her hold on the older woman's hand loosened. Make Tzuyu happy? Can she do that?

"Tzuyu, she grew up not having that smile always gracing her face. She always had to worry about me and if she's not worrying about me, she's always being haunted by her father's death. I can see that you make her happy. Please keep that bright smile on her face for me." Mrs. Chou looked up at Jihyo and gave the younger girl a weak smile, her face showing signs of wilting.

Jihyo shook her head and smiles, tears threatening

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter