Instagram Jealousy

Chaennie || Oneshots

“Unnie, I love you but you really need to stop.”

 

Jennie grunted as she threw her bag higher up her shoulder while fishing for her key card in her back pocket. “Stop what?” 

 

“Stop posting pictures of me on your Instagram feed with weird captions calling me “your boo, your partner in crime and so on! You know people take everything seriously."

 

“I have no idea what you’re talking about Lisa.” Jennie deadpanned, swiping into Rosie’s apartment. “I’ve posted pictures of you like twice.”

 

“Seven times unnie. You have only three posts of Jisoo unnie, and you never post pictures of your own girlfriend. And at this rate, we’ll end up having dating rumors by the end of the year! You know we have insane Jenlisa shippers who even make their own content to even have content of us.”

 

She bit back a chuckle. “What’s wrong with having a dating rumor with me? Am I not good enough for the New Global Ambassador of Celine?”

 

The younger girl groaned loudly.

“You know I don’t care about that kind of stuff. I just care about my wellbeing!”

 

“And how does me showing off our friendship to the public affect your wellbeing?”

 

“Because a certain someone is going to get jealous and I can’t be the one to make her sad. Do you know how guilty I’d feel if I made Rosie sad? She’s my best friend. Might as well have kicked a chipmunk and rubbed dirt on the wound.”

 

Jennie had to laugh at the mental image of her little Chaengnamji, big beautiful pouty eyes and all. “Rosie isn’t the jealous type though.”

 

“That’s what you think. I swear I can feel her death glares all the way from here and I’m in my own apartment right now. Honestly unnie, part of me wishes Rosie was the violent type because I’d rather her get mad and beat me up than to be the reason she’s upset.”

 

“Okay, you don’t think you’re being the tiniest bit dramatic, Lisa-yah?”

 

“Go check on your girlfriend yourself, unnie. You’ll see what I mean.”

 

“Alright, alright.” Jennie finally relented.

 

She made her way to Rosie’s bedroom, half expecting her girlfriend to be curled up and asleep because she knew how much Rosie liked to sleep in on their days off. She opened the door softly and poked her head in to find Rosie sitting in the middle of the bed, wrapped up in the fluffy comforter, eyes glued to the TV.

 

Jennie was tempted to take a picture at how especially cute her girlfriend looked. The white blanket was thrown over her head and swallowed her small frame with only her face peeking out.

 

“I gotta go, Lisa. I’ll talk to you later.” She grinned into the phone, eyes still focused on her girlfriend who’d yet to acknowledge her presence.

 

“Think about what I said and tell Rosie I’m not trying to steal you away!”

 

With a small giggle, Jennie hung up the call and set her phone on top of the dresser. She jumped onto the corner of the bed and crawled her way over to her girlfriend.

 

"I’m home, Chaeng-ah.” She whispered, slotting herself behind her girlfriend, legs on either side of Rosie’s body and arms coming around her covered waist.

 

“Welcome home.” The girl answered absentmindedly.

 

She glanced at the TV and immediately recognized the movie.

 

“Before Sunrise? Again, baby?”

 

She felt Rosie shrug in her arms. “I needed something to make me feel better.”

 

“And what’s got my big baby feeling sad in the first place?”

 

Rosie remained silent for a few moments before sighing and pausing the movie. She untangled herself from the sheets and moved to get off the bed, but Jennie's hand caught her wrist.

 

The older girl knew that Lisa was spot on with what she said earlier but she couldn’t help but find the entire situation comical because how could Rosie ever feel jealous when she was all Jennie could see? Her days always started and ended with Rosie and no Lisa, no Jisoo, no another idol, model, actress, no person could ever eclipse Park Chaeyoung in her eyes. 

Part of her wanted to have a little fun at her girlfriend’s expense and poke fun just to see how riled up Rosie could get but she knew that now wasn’t the best time. They just started hitting the midst of their promotions, leaving all four girls more sleep deprived than usual and while they were all enjoying being busy, Jennie knew Rosie was always a bit sensitive when she lacked sleep.

 

“Hey Chaengie. Come back here.” She tugged on the girl’s wrist and Rosie looked at her with a small pout before sitting on the edge of the bed. “Aish. Stop being such a baby.” Jennie pulled on Rosie’s shirt instead until the younger girl finally scooted close enough for her to hold her properly.

 

“I’m not a baby.” Rosie argued quietly, crossing her arms.

 

“Yes you are. You’re my baby.” She pinched the girl’s cheek for emphasis. Rosie let out a whine and swatted the hand away.

 

“How’s Lisa?”

 

It took everything in Jennie not to laugh at the obvious irritation in her girlfriend’s voice. “She’s good. She says sorry.”

 

Rosie frowned in confusion. “Sorry for what?”

 

“Sorry for making you jealous, because apparently I can’t post with my friends on social media without you feeling some type of way.” The remark was dead on and Jennie could immediately see a pink tint grow on Rosie’s cheeks.

 

“But there’s no way my beautiful girlfriend would ever feel jealous over something little like that, right?”

 

“Uh, y-yeah. No way.”

 

Jennie laughed and tilted Rosie’s chin up with her finger and pressed a chaste kiss to the soft lips. She pulled back and smiled when she saw her girlfriend’s eyes still closed as if waiting for another.

 

“You know you have nothing to be jealous of, Rosie. You know I can’t post pictures with you all the time, because we have to stay lowkey if we want a peaceful relationship. No one will ever assume there’s something between us.”

 

Brown eyes fluttered open and she looked at the older girl skeptically. “I know, and I don’t want the world to find out about us, but imagine how you’d feel if all I did was posting some other girl on my feed.”

 

“You mean Hyeri unnie?” At the mention of the name, Rosé quickly flushing even deeper, knowing she had just been verbally cornered and without defense.

“Babe, y-you know it’s not like that! Immph!”

 

Jennie kissed her soundly and thoroughly, leaving the younger girl breathless when they pulled apart. “I know it’s not. Just like you know that Lisa and I are just friends. But I’ll make it up to you anyways.”

 

Rosie blinked, trying to regain control of her breathing. “Make it up to me?”

 

She felt hands reach for the hem of her girlfriend’s shirt and pulled it up over her head.

 

“Let me show you how much I really love you right now.”

 

-

Author's note: But seriously though, don't you guys ever wonder why Jennie is very comfortable to post of Lisoo on Instagram, but not of Rosie unless she's hiding or protecting something? just kidding lol :)