Spacing Out

Chaennie || Oneshots

Just a tiny drabble of Rosie being sappy and cheesy over Jennie's existence.

 

•••

 

Park Chaeyoung loved secret night-time dates. She loved walking calmly through Seoul’s busy streets; fingers intertwined as they exchanged silly flustered looks in between window shopping. Jennie pushing her by the hand to walk into random stores, rambling about all sorts of miscellaneous things she had never even heard of before as she’d cling to her arm excitedly.

 

They would stop by the Han River, sit and stare in silence. Jennie’s head resting on her shoulder, quick kisses stolen and Chaeyoung’s heart racing like a teenager living its’ first love. She enjoyed observing her girlfriend’s serene expression as she looked up to the snow falling; a small smile forming in her lips as she’d bury her face into the scarf adorning her neck. 

 

But what Chaeyoung loved the most was the time they’d spend alone in the dorms. She loved how Jennie would always wake up earlier than her to cook breakfast, so she was always awoken to the smell of sweet pancakes and a kiss in the forehead. 

 

The baths they took together and the movie marathons they did while cuddling on the couch. Those lazy days off when the rain never stops pouring outside, and they just stay in bed breathing in each other’s scents.

 

These are the moments she loves the most - moments away from the world in which they can simply exist side by side, loving each other without any restrains.

 

She looks over at Jennie and she’s cooking; her back turned and a cascade of brown hair moving. Yet, what Chaeyoung sees in that picture is a glimpse of the future: waking up everyday to Jennie’s messy locks on her face, a sleepy smile and a sleepy exchange of kisses as the day starts; then rushing through the morning tasks because they slept until too late. 

 

Living in an apartment with three noisy dogs; still taking over the stage together as they see Jisoo and Lisa grow into stronger independent women. Snowy nights spent by the fireplace with hot cocoa in their hands and blankets over their legs.

 

“What are you thinking about, Rosie?” Jennie places a plate in front of her. 

 

“You’ve been spacing out.”

 

“Oh, it’s nothing.”

 

“Are you sure? You had a weird expression on your face. Maybe you’re getting sick? Want me to go get a pill?”

 

Chaeyoung smiles seeing Jennie’s worried expression overflowing with nothing but love and affection.

 

She smiles because the way Jennie’s existence transcends itself inside of her mind - becoming the present and the future – is splattered in reality through the bits and pieces of every moment they share together.

 

She smiles because the sight of Jennie warms her chest and brings comfort to her soul.

 

She smiles because she loves her. 

 

And Jennie loves her too.

 

 

 

A/N: This is a small drabble I did for Chaennie because I was overflowing with feelings for these two.