Warm Winter Morning

Chaennie || Oneshots

Jennie whined softly as she rolled over, gently patting the other side of the bed. Finding nothing but faint warmth, she sat up slowly, tugging on her too big T-shirt and blinking blearily.

“Chaengie?” She quietly called out. 

The chipmunk-like girl was in the door way in an instant, her eyes curving into adorable crescent half moons as she smiled. “You called Jennie-ah?”

Jennie whined again and flopped back on the bed. “Why’d you leave. It’s cold outside and you’re warm...” 

It had been snowing for the past two days without stop. Everything was pretty much closed and no one ventured out unless it was an emergency or they were the workers clearing the streets. Both women loved the snow and how beautiful it was but Jennie got cold easily and wanted her Rosie’s warmth back soon. 

Rosie grinned even wider. “I figured you might want breakfast in bed?” 

Jennie’s eyes slowly opened a little more, almost fully open now at the mention of breakfast. She shrugged, but suddenly her stomach grumbled loudly, betraying her. It made her girlfriend giggle.

“Stay put, I’ll be right back with your tray baby.” Rosie called, quickly walking out of sight. 

Jennie sighed and flopped back against the bed, pulling the fluffy comforter up to her neck, trying to savor any warmth she could get. Their heating worked, but they never turned it up very high due the dorm always being warm and even though Jennie got cold she was fine with it being chilly. She just solved being chillier than she’d like by cuddling up with Rosie and putting on more layers.

Rosé quickly reappeared, holding a tray with two bowls of oatmeal and two mugs of tea. She sat down in front of Jennie, patting her gently to sit up and eat.

They ate quietly, both awake but not awake enough to be energetic. Once they had finished eating Rosie moved to stand and step off the bed to clear the tray. As she walked out she spoke quietly “I’ll be right back, I just have to clean this up.”

As Rosie quickly left to clean the dishes Jennie nestled back down under the covers, curling in on herself. She breathed deeply, inhaling Rosie’s scent that was imbedded in the T-shirt she was wearing. She had developed a habit of wearing Rosie’s big T-shirts to bed, they were just so comfy and they smelled like her girl so it made her feel safe and content. 

She yawned and stretched, nuzzling against the pillow to be more comfortable while she waited for Rosie to come join her again. Now that she was full and content she was ready to sleep again but she wanted that extra warmth and comfort of her girlfriend.

They hadn’t had an opportunity for a break like this in a while and so she was savoring every bit of this quality time with Rosie. They didn’t have responsibilities to attend to, she didn’t have to be powerful and unyielding Jennie, she could be softer and more vulnerable Jendeukie. 

She had no clue what the other members were doing, though she was sure they were still in their room resting. She knew them well enough that she knew that currently Lisa would probably be cuddled up with Jisoo, happily sleeping the day away. 

It was also long enough now that when they got breaks like this the members were no longer surprised when she and Rosie snuggled up together and just stuck to each other’s sides for a while. 

Jennie smiled as she thought about her other members . She really had gotten very lucky, she debuted with three amazing girls, who have become her family. They went trough a lot and they still had a long journey ahead of them. “What are you smiling about?” Rosie was back. The adorable girl quickly climbed into bed, tugging the covers over herself to warm up.

“How lucky I am.” Jennie murmured. Rosie reached out for her, and pulled her in close. She nuzzled into Rosie’s collarbone, happily snuggling close to her bear for warmth. Rosie wrapped her arms around Jennie and held her tight.

“Mmm. I think I’m very lucky too.” Rosie spoke, looking down at Jennie as she her back.

They laid there for a while, quietly just cuddling as the wind howled and raged with snow outside. Rosie held Jennie close, covering the both of them as they cuddled under the covers.

“Chaeng?” 

“Yes baby?”

Jennie smiled, nuzzling into Rosie again.

“Thank you.” 

She spoke before pressing a chaste kiss to Rosie’s lips. The other girl smiled, kissing back softly.

“Of course.” Rosie pressed one last soft kiss to Jennie’s lips before tightening her hold very slightly on her. She smiled again, nuzzling into Rosie’s chest and tucking their feet together. 

They slowly drifted off, happily listening to the howling wind and (in Jennie’s case) the sound of Rosie’s heart. The blankets and each other provided plenty of soft comfort as the blizzard raged on outside of the confines of their little haven of a room. 

Later that day, Jisoo walked towards Jennie’s room to ask her a question. She figured Jennie was with Rosie in her room because she hadn’t seen the clingy duo that morning. She slowly opened the door, glancing to the bed.

She could just barely make out the shape of Rosie and Jennie under the fluffy covers, but she could kind of see the duo happily snuggled together and perfectly content as they slept. Jisoo  smiled and closed the door quietly before heading back to her room. She’d ask Jennie later.