The Christmas Tree

Chaennie || Oneshots

"That is never going to fit" Jennie observes as she watches her girlfriend, clad in a big puffer jacket, scarf and gloves, run over to an at least ten foot tall bushy Fir tree, shaking at the branches.

 

"Yes it will" Rosie groans as she walks in a circle around it, ensuring it was filled out with needles all over. "It's perfect!"

 

"Rosie, babe there is no way that will fit in the living room, it's way too tall" The brunette argues as she comes to stand by Rosie’s side, a glove covered hand reaching out to stop the blonde from fiddling with the branches.

 

"Of course it will, it only looks big now because it's out in the open" Rosie states rolling her eyes. "And because you're so tiny" She grins, squeezing her girlfriend's hand softly before dropping it.

 

"Don’t call me tiny." The older girl deadpans. 

 

"C'mon let's look at the smaller ones over there, they're a better height" She nods her head toward a row of more appropriately sized Christmas trees but Rosie, stubborn as ever, refuses to budge.

 

"No, this one will fit I promise, I swear this is the same height as the one I got last year, plus those ones aren't bushy enough" She whines, bottom lip jutting out as she pouts like a child. 

 

Jennie is shocked she hasn't dropped to the floor and kicked her legs in tantrum like a four year old yet.

 

It was to be their first Christmas spent together since Jennie had moved in with her girlfriend of one year earlier in the year and they'd planned to make the house as festive as possible.

 

The brunette sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose as well as she can with her mittens on. "You're sure it's gonna fit?"

 

"Positive" Rosie nods, fluttering her eyelashes the way she knows will make her girlfriend do whatever she wants. "You can put the star on top" She adds in a sickly sweet tone to warm her up to the idea.

 

Rolling her eyes, Jennie groans. "Fine you big baby, get that one,"

 

Rosie cheers so loudly she doesn't hear Jennie’s added mumble of "But don't come crying to me when it's too big."

 

"Thank you, baby, I love you" Rosie giggles, placing a chaste kiss on her girlfriend's cold lips.

 

"Yeah yeah whatever, now let's get out of here before I turn into an ice block"

 

•••

 

"I'm. Going. To. Kill. You."

 

There is guilt written all over Rosie’s face as she stares at the Christmas tree they'd transported into the living room. Now unwrapped and stood in a pot, a good foot of the top of the tree is bent as it pushes against the ceiling.

 

"I said it was too tall!"

 

Jennie is angry. Not the kind of angry that makes Rosie want to push her up against the nearest wall and kiss her senseless. No. Rather the kind of angry that makes her want to pull the strings of her hoodie and hide in the soft fabric which covers her eyes until the brunette has calmed down. So, that's exactly what she does.

 

"Rosie I'm not joking around, I told you it wasn't going to fit and once again you chose to ignore me." Jennie states, although there's less of a bite to her tone now.

 

Popping her head out of her hood, the blonde offers her a guilty smile. "I'm sorry?"

 

"Well what the are we meant to do with it now?" The brunette groans as she tries pushing down on the tree to make it sink further into the pot holding it, groaning louder when nothing budges.

 

"No swearing or Santa won't bring you any presents" Rosie teases, stifling a laugh as she watches her girlfriend attempting to squash a ten foot tree.

 

"Did you hear that? Santa called, he says you're a ." Jennie quips, sighing as she pulls at the tree down just for the top to ping back up and fold against the ceiling again.

 

"Wait I have an idea!" Rosie exclaims running out of the living room.

 

"Oh great" Jennie mumbles, sarcasm dripping in her tone.

 

A few minutes pass before the blonde comes bumbling back in with a step ladder and garden shears in hand.

 

"We can just cut the top off!" She announces as she sets up the ladder in front of the tree.

 

"Babe there's going to be pine needles everywhere" Jennie groans. "We wouldn't need to do this if you just ing listened to me and got a smaller tree!”

 

"Well sorry, I thought it was going to fit! I'm trying to fix it aren't I? and you're mood is ruining the festive vibe" The younger girl grumbles, having put on her Christmas playlist earlier to try and set the mood, 'Winter Things' by Ariana Grande plays softly in the background a stark contrast to the mood in the room.

 

"Oh I'm ruining the festive vibe?" Jennie retorts, eyes morphed into a glare. 

 

Nevertheless, she still grabs onto the stepladder Rosie is stood on to support it. "I wasn't the one who chose a tree too big for the house so now we have to behead it!"

 

"If you'd just shut up and stop distracting me I'll fix it!"

 

There's a loud snap as the blonde cuts through the branches before the top of the tree comes tumbling down to the floor, spreading pine needles onto the plush cream carpet, just as Jennie had predicted. However, the tree was now standing proudly with a clear gap between the tip and the ceiling of the room.

"There, wasn't that hard was it" Rosie states, turning around to send a satisfied smirk in her girlfriend's direction.

 

"I'm so glad we paid the price for a ten foot tree to end up with an 8 foot" The brunette says unenthusiastically.

 

"At least we have a good story to tell about it now?" Rosie offers in a light tone which makes Jennie soften up instantly.

 

She rolls her eyes, shaking the step ladder she was holding onto to tease the blonde, giggling when Rosie grips onto the top of it for support. "Fine, it looks good I admit it."

 

Rosie grins and hops down from the ladder into Jennie’s arms, placing a soft kiss on her plump lips. "You're cute when you're angry"

 

The older girl chuckles and returns the kiss. "You were scared at first, admit it."

 

"Oh I was, mega angry Jennie doesn't come out often, but when she does I want to run and hide.”

 

Jennie laughs and pats her girlfriend's gently. "Only when her girlfriend decides to be a complete idiot.”

 

Looking at the now more presentable tree, she grins at Rosie "Let's decorate it then shall we?" She says, eyes glittering with excitement.

 

•••

 

"Lights first!" Jennie calls out as she sees her girlfriend galavant over to tree, two glittery baubles in hand. 

 

“Come help me untangle these." She pouts, sat in a mess of wire and bulbs as she looks for a way to undo the knot they'd magically tied themselves in.

 

Rosie laughs at the sight of the tiny brunette sat tangled up in the tree lights and hurries over to help her.

 

"You know you look good all tied up like this" Rosie smirks.

 

"Do not get any ideas." The brunette groans although she's grinning. "Rosie, what the have you done to these lights?" She sighs out as she drops the knotted part she was holding.

 

"Move over, my fingers aren't only good for just one thing." Rosie teases, plopping herself down onto the carpet next to the girl and taking the lights off of her.

 

Jennie nuzzles her head into the crook of her girlfriend's neck, nibbling down softly at the pale skin there. "Sorry for being an angry ." She whispers.

 

Rosie smiles, knows Jennie was the worst at saying sorry and pecks the top of her chocolate curls, fingers still working at untangling the lights. "And I'm sorry for not listening to you, you're always right."

 

"Always right hmm? I'm taking a mental note of that for ammunition in our next fight." The brunette jests.

 

"No more fights, it's Christmas." Rosie hums, working at the last knot in the string.

 

Once the blonde girl has managed to untangle all the lights, earning a sloppy kiss on the lips from Jennie, the two get to work in wrapping them around the tree.

 

Rosie pulls the box of baubles over in front of the now 8 foot Fir and they begin decorating, Rosie placing random ones she finds anywhere on the tree while Jennie goes after her and moves them into a neater design.

 

"Ok star me.” The brunette demands once they've put the final bauble on, holding her hand out to show she's waiting for it.

 

Rather than passing her the silver glittery star, Rosie wraps her arms around her girlfriend's tiny waist, attempting to haul her up.

 

"Rosie!" Jennie squeals as she feels the girl practically rip her from her spot. "Stop! If you even dare try and lift me up there to make some cheesy comment about how I'm the star I swear I'll break up with you right now.”

 

Rosie cackles out a laugh at her girlfriend's reaction as she sets her down on the ground. "How did you know that's what I was going to do?" She grins.

 

"You watch way too many rom coms babe.” Jennie rolls her eyes. "Did you really think that would've worked? You would've collapsed with me on top of you." She laughs. "And also did you think I would actually like that? Think it would really get me going hmm?" She adds in jest.

 

The blonde laughs as she wraps her arms around her girl's neck. "In hindsight it was a much better idea in my head and I forgot how you feel about pick up lines." She murmurs, placing a soft kiss on Jennie’s nose which scrunches up cutely in return "I love you and your cold hearted ways."

"I love you too baby." Jennie returns easily. 

 

"Now star me.”

 

Rosie grins and actually hands Jennie the star this time, holding onto the ladder as the older girl clambers up and places it on the top of the tree completing it.

 

Hopping down from the stepladder, Jennie spots Rosie already taking a photo of the finished tree which she knows will end up on her Instagram story within no time.

 

Discarding her phone, the blonde wraps her arms around Jennie’s waist from the side, admiring the tree before them. "This is going to be the best Christmas ever.” She mumbles, placing soft kisses down the creamy skin of Jennie’s neck.

 

Turning to face her girlfriend, Jennie encircles her arms around her neck, playing with the blonde baby hairs she finds at the nape.

 

The two meet in the middle as their lips connect in a slow yet passionate kiss. 

 

Their tongues dance together as teeth graze lips and hands wander under sweaters.

 

It will be the best Christmas ever, Jennie thinks.

 

 

Merry Christmas And Happy New Year My Beautiful Readers! I hope next year is a much better one for everyone!