Meet The Family

Meet and Greet

Today is the big day.

Jennie is going to Chaeyoung’s niece’s birthday party to meet her family for the first time.

This is also her first outing since Ella’s funeral. Her emotions are still raw, but she’s healing, as they say one day at a time. She’s not sure that empty space in her heart will ever be filled but at least she didn’t feel that heavy sadness she did at first.

She is excited to meet Chaeyoung’s family, but at the same time she doesn’t know what to expect, she doesn’t know what it’s going to be like to meet Chaeyoung’s family and see so much of her world.

Right now she’s standing in her closet in the spot she has been since she woke up. She needs to make a good impression and so she needs to dress to impress but she also didn’t want to overdress.

She had three outfits in mind. First one some black flared pants with high heel boots and black top, something fashionable and sophisticated. The second outfit was cute and comfortable, a pair of white shorts and a light blue blouse with white sneakers to match. The third outfit was something simple and casual, a pair of skinny jeans and oversized sweater.

After deliberating for a few more minutes she opted for the third outfit. At the end of the day it was a kids birthday party taking place outside so she figured she couldn’t go wrong with that, it was comfortable but also a good casual look for a birthday party. After putting on her clothes, she proceeds to put on some light makeup.

Once done she heads down and into the kitchen where Chaeyoung is waiting with coffee as she sat on the breakfast island.

“You get me.” Jennie praised as she took the coffee from the vocalist's hands.

“I do.” The taller girl said, she then pulled Jennie in gently for a kiss on the lips. “Morning, Jen.”

“Morning.” Jennie replied with a tiny smile.

“You look gorgeous as always.” There the vocalist went complimenting Jennie every chance she had and making the brunette blush so early in the morning.

Jennie said a quick thanks and eyes the rockstar up and down. She was wearing a long dark navy blue skirt and a black crop top shirt with white sneakers. It was amazing how the girl was able to look both cute and like on a stick, the duality as people say.

“You look cute.” She said at first, the grin that formed on her date's face made her heart flutter. “But… you also look really, really y.” She then said, biting her lip. “I could just eat you up.”

The vocalist raised an eyebrow as she pulled Jennie close to her. “Mmm. Is someone feeling frisky this morning?”

“And what if I am?” The brunette challenged.

The aussie girl didn’t answer, instead her hands left Jennie’s waist to go up and placed each on either side of the brunette’s face, her thumbs resting on the girl’s cheeks as she tilted her head to the side, both of their hearts skyrocketing at the touch of their lips, eyes shut as Jennie kisses her back with the same passion.

They kiss until they are both breathless, slowing their actions, placing smaller kisses against each other until they finally pull apart.

“I’d say that’s a solid reaction.”

Chaeyoung smirked. “I’m not done yet.” She then lifts Jennie onto the counter, the brunette wrapping her legs around the vocalist’s waist as she kisses her again.

The vocalist's hands grips her hips, and they both start feeling the heat down her centers, but before they can keep going, Chaeyoung pulls back, resting their foreheads against one and anothers.

“As much as I’d like to make love to you all day, we have to get going.”

Jennie pouts. “Are you sure?”

“When you look at me like that, I’m not.” Chaeyoung said kissing her again, hard and fast, then pulling away. “But I also don’t want an angry child in my hands.” She steps away and takes out her key jingling them in her hand. “So chop chop babe, the faster we are done with this, the faster I get you all to myself.”

----------------------

It’s a short drive to Chaeyoung’s sister’s house. Jennie picked at her nails anxiously all the way from her house to here. Her anxiety only increases as they pull into the driveway.

“You okay, Jen?” Chaeyoung asks, her hand resting on the brunette’s tight rubbing it with her thumb to bring her comfort.

Jennie looks away from the huge house in front of her to look at Chaeyoung. “Yeah, sorry. I’m just a bit nervous.” She admits. “I know how much your family means to you.”

“My family is going to love you. I’m sure of that.”

“I hope so.”

Jennie follows the vocalist out of the car and immediately hear a child's shout.

“Auntie Chae!”

“Monkey!”

Chaeyoung scoops her niece up in her arms and twirls her around. “Happy birthday, little monkey. I have someone I want you to meet.” She moves towards Jennie. “This is Jennie. Can you say hi?”

“Hello.” The little brunette greeted timidly.

“Hi there!” Jennie greets back with a gummy smile. “You must be the princess Rosie told me we were coming to visit.”

“I’m not a princess.”

Jennie taps lightly on the girl's nose. “Well, I just did a magic spell, and now you are.”

Ava squeals in excitement as she squirmed in her auntie’s arms. “I’m a princess! I’m a princess! I’m a princess!”

A tall man with a loving smile comes walking down the driveway. He was Alice’s husband Liam. “Look who’s late again!”

“Look who’s calling me out as always.” Chae says back, since the man and her, both had the reputation of getting distracted easily hence why they were always late to things.

Liam rolled his eyes, then turned to Jennie. “You must be Jennie. I’m Liam, we are happy you were able to come.” He said, extending his hand.

Jennie shakes his hand with a polite smile. “Thank you for having me. It’s really nice to meet you.”

The man smiles quickly and then gives her an apologetic look. “I’m sorry to hear about your sister. We wanted to come to the memorial, but Chaeyoung said it would be better if we didn’t. We didn’t want to overwhelm you.”

This eases Jennie nerves a bit and also makes her feel welcomed into the family. Chaeyoung told her family about Ella, and they thought Jennie was important enough to come to her sister’s memorial. Chaeyoung cares about her so much that it extends to her family as well. It made her feel loved.

“It’s okay. I’m grateful you even thought to come.”

“You are family now, Jennie.” Liam said, pulling her in for a hug. “Now come on everyone’s in the backyard.”

They walked to the backyard where a wooden deck was decorated with flowers and balloons in light pastel colors, a table was set up for the adults, and a couple of small tables were set up for the kids. There was a dessert/snack table on the side and a self serve bar table on the other side.

Chaeyoung puts Ava down and Jennie watches from the corner of her eyes how the vocalist rubs at her back and shakes her right leg a bit as if it was cramping.

“You okay?” She asked.

Chaeyoung waived her off with a smile. “All good. I’m just getting old.” She joked.

“Please if you are getting old then what does that make me?” Jennie asked, knowing the vocalist liked to for their one year difference.

“Ancient… Ow! Hey there are kids present!” Chaeyoung chuckled as she rubbed her arm.

“Cake!” Ava yelled, running of, and Liam follows her, laughing.

Alice then came up to her and shaked her hand. “You must be Jennie. I’m so glad you could make it!”

“Thank you for having me.”

“No, thank you. It’s been a long time since Rosie poop here dated someone who was actually decent.”

“Rosie poop?”

Chaeyoung shook her head. “Please ignore her.”

“You embarrassed, Rosie poop?” Her sister teased.

“Please stop embarrassing me in front of my girlfriend, thank you.”

Girlfriend?

Chaeyoung and Alce bicker some more before she leaves to make sure her daughter does not spill soda all over her dress.

Jennie then turns to Chaeyoung with a grin. “Girlfriend, huh?”

Chaeyoung slips an arm around her waist to pull her closer. “Well is that not what we are? Girlfriend? i mean… I did say I’m yours and vice versa.”

Jennie smiled widely before kissing the taller girl quickly. “I see no flaws in your logic, baby.”

“I’m smart.”

“Yes you are, babe.”

“Anyways, girlfriend, be ready to hear it a lot. I’ll introduce you to everyone here as ‘my girlfriend.’”

Jennie chuckled. “My girlfriend Chaeyoung. My girlfriend Roseanne.” She said trying it out with a smile as the other girl giggled. “I like saying it a lot.”

“Good.” Chaeyoung then got closer to her ear. “I’ll make sure you repeat my name so much later tonight.”

A shiver runs down Jennie’s spine.

“In fact I think I want to make you scream it.” She lightly nips the shell of her ear, just enough to send a pang between Jennie’s legs.

“Can we try that thing tonight?” She whispered back.

Chaeyoung pulled back surprised. “Are you sure?”

Jennie bit her lip and nodded.

“Damn. Tonight can’t come soon enough.”

They both take some time to compose themselves before Chaeyoung leads the brunette over toa sweet older woman whose face lights up when she sees them approach.

“Mom.”

“Rosie! My sweet girl!” Her mother stands up and brings her in for a hug kissing her on both cheeks. It was sweet. “Are you eating? You look too skinny. I don’t like you being too skinny.”

“I’m fine, ma.”

“You are skin and bones, Rosie.” Her mother then notices Jennie watching them both with a sweet smile and the woman smiles back at her. “Is this her?”

Chaeyoung nods, happily. “Ma, this is Jennie, my girlfriend. Jennie this is my mom, Claire.”

“Oh you so much more beautiful than Chaeyoung described.”

Jenni blushed. “Thank you, you are beautiful too, Mrs. Park.”

“Please call me, Claire. You are part of the family now.”

“Okay, thank you, Claire.”

“Rosie, go off and talk to your sister. I want to have a chat with your girlfriend.”

Chaeyoung gasps in mock offence at being dismissed but pats Jennie on the back as she sits down next to her mother, then walks away to greet Lisa who had just arrived at the party.

Jennie tells Claire whatever she asks about her, she tells her about her family and life when she’s back in Korea, tells her about Ella and in return the woman tells her much about Chaeyoung, how she always kept them up by singing and playing the piano when she was younger, how when her and Lisa met Claire felt like she automatically adopted the girl since the first day she stepped into their house, tells her how she was worried about Chaeyoung not having someone to take care of her until Jennie came along.

Jennie in return tells her that as long as she’s allowed to, she’ll always be there for Chaeyoung, no questions asked.

After a while, Lisa and Chaeyoung come over with plates of food and sit beside them and the rest of the afternoon is filled with laughter as they eat and chat. Jennie enjoys Chaeyoung’s fun and loving family dynamic until the sun starts going down and Jennie helps Alice clean up.

“You know that when your relationship goes public, things won’t be easy.” Alice says, as she takes a trash bag. “Rosie truly cares for you, but she doesn’t understand what it’s like to date a famous person like I do.” She said, referring to her husband who was an up and coming actor with several critical acclaimed movies under his name.

“I’ve been called horrible names, been photoshopped, seen stories upon stories of Liam cheating.” Alice continues, giving Jennie just a hint of what waited for her once they were out. “Are you sure you can handle that kind of public pressure?”

“I can handle it for Chae.” Jennie tells her honestly. This was something she herself had thought about and ultimately she reached the conclusion that it was worth it. “I know it’ll be rough, but I’ll be able to get through it. I love her, and I know she loves me, that’s all that matters in the end.”

“Are you absolutely sure?” Alice asked again. “Chaeyoung needs someone who is going to stick by her through thick and thin.”

Jennie takes a deep breath. “She has been that for me already, she stood by me during the hardest time of my life. She’s my rock, and I want to be hers too. For better or for worse, she’s my entire world.” Jennie tells her with a determined look. “Music and acting are who she is. I’m not going to ask her to give those up to be with me. If fame comes with her job, then I can accept it.”

Alice looks at her for a moment, as is determining if Jennie was telling the truth or not, wanting to make sure her little sister was in good hands. Jennie was staring back unwavering as if trying to tell Alice that she meant it, that Chaeyoung was in the best hands.

“Good.” Alice said with a nod. “I’m so happy that she found you.”

“I thank my lucky stars every day that she picked me out of the crowd.” Jennie chuckled as she shook her head. “It would have been easier to fall in love with anyone else, but I chose her. I don’t know where I’d be without her.”

And yes Jennie was aware of crazy it was to feel so much for Chaeyoung in such a short amount of time, but the girl saw her at her weakest and went out of her way to be there for her, she surprised her everyday and everyday the vocalist made sure to make her feel loved and wanted. Was it silly? Probably, but Jennie meant every single word.

“Well, then it’s a good thing you are right here.” Alice said smiling.

“I got cake!”

They get interrupted by Ava running in the kitchen, cake covering all around and dress.

“Woah there monkey.” Alice said, scooping up her daughter. “Bit too much cake, don’t you think?” Chuckling when her daughter shook her head furiously. “Okay, then let’s get you out of that dirty dress.” She then turns back to Jennie. “Hey, you are welcome anytime, you don’t have to be with Rosie, we don’t like her anyway.”

As she leaves, Jennie notices Chaeyoung standing in the kitchen doorway. The taller girl snorts in disdain. “I’m taking my girlfriend home before you poison her against me even more.”

With that they said their goodbyes and drove back to CHaeyoung’s house.

-------------------------

The next morning, Jennie sat tensely in Chaeyoung’s kitchen as she listened to her have an angry phone call with her manager.

It was probably not the best of times but she had to admit angry Chaeyoung was such a turn on…

“I don’t ing care--then fire me!”

Chaeyoung cursing… oh man Jennie was in trouble.

“I’m not leaving LA until I’m damn good and ready.”

The phone falls to the floor, and Chaeyoung grips her hand in pain. She tries to stretch her fingers as the other hand pressed her thumb against the pain.

“!”

Jennie snaps out of her dirty thoughts and goes to her quickly, comforting her by rubbing her back, running her hand up and down Chaeyoung’s shoulder blades until her breathing calms.

“You okay?”

“Yeah.” Chaeyoung said, breathing in deeply. “Let me just finish this call.” She picks up the phone and walks to the other room. Jennie waits nervously as she hears tense snippets of conversation.

Chaeyoung was pissed it seemed. Jennie knew she was breaching her contract by not going back to New York to film as scheduled, but she didn’t think it was THIS bad.

Finally, Chaeyoung reappears in the kitchen. She tosses her phone on the countertop, then moves to Jennie so quickly, the brunette gasps. Her lips find Jennie’s as she hoists her onto the countertop. The brunette’s legs automatically wrap around her waist.

The taller girl pulled away briefly, there was an irresistible fire in her eyes. And as Jennie thought before fired up, angry Chaeyoung was super hot. Jennie kisses her back and relishes the sound of her moan against her tongue. That was probably the iest sound ever, at least to Jennie.

She pulls the vocalist even closer to her as she deepens the kiss. She slides her hand under her shirt and grip her hips, pulling her closer to her.

“I want you so badly right now.” Chaeyoung says against her lips.

“Call me your girlfriend again.”

Chaeyoung smiled. “I love you, my girlfriend.”

“I love you too, my girlfriend.”

They both chuckle and Chaeyoung kisses her again, deeply and sweetly.

“Better?” Jennie asked, after sometime of just holding one and another.

Chaeyoung sighs. “That call was with my manager. The producers want me to return to New York in 24 hours, or they’re contacting their legal team.”

“Rosie…” Jennie stars, caressing the back of the vocalist's neck. “You should risk your career for me. You need to go back to work, or you could lose everything you’ve worked for all these years.”

“You’re worth so much more than any of that.”

There goes Jennie’s heart fluttering again. “You keep saying that you’re not going anywhere. The same goes for me. I’ll be right here when you get back.”

Chaeyoung pulls her tightly against her chest. “I don’t want to leave you.”

Jennie hugs her back tightly as well, holding the fabric of her shirt in fists. “I don’t want you to leave either.” She says against her chest before pulling back, just enough to look up into her eyes. But I love my job, and you love yours. We need to build our own lives where we have balance.”

Chaeyoung sighs as she picks up her phone.”I’ll be back in New York in one week. I’m not coming back any earlier.” She says seriously, in a tone that meant that this was not up for discussion. “And I’m going to be coming to LA on weekends.”

Jennie beams as Chaeyoung hangs up and sends the phone sliding across the counter, in an instant her lips are nipping at the brunette’s neck before meeting her eyes.

“I have seven days with you.” She says with a lopsided smile. “And if I remember correctly there was a certain ‘thing’ you wanted to try out.”

Jennie bites her lip as her underwear gets very uncomfortable in half a second. Chaeyoung wraps the brunette’s leg around her waist and hoists her off the counter and carries her toward the bedroom.

“Seven days huh? Let’s see how many times you can make me scream your name.”