o9. His Kind of Comfort

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(if you prefer, you can play the song and listen while your read. ^^)

Chapter Nine
His kind of Comfort

The next school day, Jina arrives at the school premises while looking at the paper bag with Baekhyun’s jacket that she washed while taking in a deep breath. Her plan is to leave it on top of his desk and not say anything else. As much as possible she also wants to give it secretly.

Jina enters the classroom and sees Baekhyun sitting on his desk already, reading something on his phone and she quietly walks inside placing the paper bag behind her back and settles down her seat. She suddenly feels awkward but they ignored each other as if nothing happened last night.

“So did you get fired?” he asked, scrolling on the next page.

Jina turns her head and shakes her head. “No, I heard you talked to him. Thanks.”

It’s quiet once again and she doesn’t even know how she’s going to return the jacket. She clears and was about to say something when Risa stands beside him.

“Hey, Baekhyun. My father is inviting you for dinner. I don’t think you can say no this time.” Risa said, making eye contact with Jina and lightly rolls her eyes. “So, is it’s a yes, right?”

“No.” Baekhyun answered quickly. “I have something really important to do tonight. I’ll have to cancel. Maybe tomorrow.”

Risa swallows hard, “But it’s my father who is asking for you to come.” She slightly whines and touches Baekhyun’s arm which made him stop from reading and he looks down where she’s touching him and slightly twists his arm away disappointing Risa.

“I really can’t tonight. I’m sorry.”

Jina who listens quietly pretends to finish her notes. *I guess I’ll return it some other day.*

As Jina heads outs of the restroom after washing her hands, she stops from her tracks when three familiar girls are already standing in front of her, blocking her from getting out of the restroom. Jina sighs heavily and looks up, meeting Risa’s glare. “What do you want?”

Jina’s eyes rounds in surprise when Risa pushes her and slams her back to the wall of the restroom while the other two girls stands by the door as a look-out. Jina glares at her. “I’ve noticed you’ve been being friendly with Baekhyun recently.”

*Tell me I’m not really hearing this.* Jina slightly rolls her eyes and grips both of Risa’s hands and pushes them down. “I don’t control Baekhyun. He can talk and make friends with anyone he likes.”

Risa stares at her in disbelief.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun passes by the girl’s restroom and catches a glimpse of Jina having a commotion inside. He walks pass by them until he heard a splash of water and some squeals from the girls by the door followed by a slap that echoed from the girls’ restroom.

Jina takes in a deep breath as she was now soaked with dirty water that was used to mop the floor of the hallway and her cheek feels like they are stinging. Risa is panting, furious about the attitude that came from Jina. “You should remember, no matter how hard you study, no matter how hard you earn for recommendations from the teachers and this school, you still have a wall that you need to break. Choose who you talk back to. I can make everything you earned here disappear.” Risa smirks and bumps hard onto her shoulder.

Jina closes her eyes and grips onto her now drenched skirt while glancing in front of the mirror, looking at her pitiful state. Tears welled up on her eyes, threatening to fall until she sees Baekhyun walking from behind through the mirror’s reflection and puts his school’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter