o2. New Life

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(if you prefer, you can play the song and listen while your read. ^^)

Chapter Two
New Life

Baekhyun arrives at his new home, he steps out of the car after parking it closes the door behind him. He looks at his apartment which is obviously smaller than his penthouse in Seoul but is spacious enough for at least two persons. He enters the code and quickly changes it before walking inside.

It’s fully furnished and every appliances and things he needs are already inside. He throws his car keys on the kitchen counter and jacket in the living room.

He start to walk around, checking every furniture. He runs his palm under the tables, sofas, curtains, paintings and the lampshades dismantling every camera and recorders inside his apartment and before removing the last one, and he glares at the last one. “I want my privacy.” He said, knowing too well someone’s watching him from Seoul.

“That’s our last camera, Mr. Byun.”

His father chuckles, “That rascal. He’s the best in everything.” He straightens himself up with a proud grin on his face. “Give him the privacy he wants.”

The staff dips his head as Baekhyun’s father leaves the room.

After removing everything, Baekhyun plops on his bed and stares at the ceiling. He stares at the dresser where his school uniform is hanging as he shakes his head is dismay. He can’t remember the last time he went to a school.

Ever since then, he’s been home schooled for his own safely and to keep the secret of his family.

He places his arm over his closed eyes until he winces hearing some yells as if someone’s being scolded from outside.

He groans. “They didn’t make the walls soundproof?” he stands up and noticed that the window door at the veranda is slightly open so he walks towards it, about to close the door when he noticed a girl outside, picking up the clothes on the ground.

Out of curiosity, he just watches.

“Stop camping here secretly if you don’t have the money for the rent!” the older lady yells and the girl quietly picks up her clothes and other things. She looks around and suddenly looks up, meeting Baekhyun’s eyes.

Those empty looking eyes made him feel as if they are in the same kind of misery. The kind of life they want to escape.

She just stares at him and soon start walking out of embarrassment. Baekhyun just stares at her and couldn’t care less. He closes the glass door and closes the curtain before he start to walk back inside his apartment and looks at inside the envelope once again.

He takes out the picture of Jin Risa out and looks at her before taking some of the forged documents for his new school and looks at it one by one.

Baekhyun only attended home schooling and he can’t believe he’s entering a real school this time. He thinks it’s going to be interesting.

--

The next morning, Baekhyun wakes up extra early to jog. He puts in his airpods, plays some music and he heads outside his apartment for his morning jog routine and also, this is his way to familiarize himself with the place as well check on every alley and memorize it in case he needs to make an escape route.

It's still dark and suddenly Baekhyun heard a commotion not far from where he is jogging at until someone bumps onto him as if running for his life.

Baekhyun looks down with an unreadable expression on his face.

The guy’s face is full of bruises and he grips onto Baekhyun’s arm, pleading and asking for help.

“P-Please, please help me.”

He begged and three guys starts walking out of the shadow and whistles. One who is chewing his bubble gum glares at Baekhyun. “What are you looking at?”

The guy begs one more time and kneels in front of Baekhyun. “Please, please help me. Please call the police.”

Baekhyun just looks at him and to be honest, being trained to feel emotionless just made him stare at him. He doesn’t get involve to any fight unless it has something to do with his assignment. Not only it will expose him but also will get him and his family in trouble.

The guy chewing his gum spit it and chuckles, pulling the guy by his collar back to the dark alley.

Baekhyun swallows hard and just continues to continue with his morning jog.

As soon as he arrives home, he plops down on the couch and closes his eyes while catching his breath after running until his lungs bursts out wanting to forget the look in the guy’s eyes who was pleading him.

His phone buzzed and he receives a message from someone.

You have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter