14. I'm here

The Dark Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(if you prefer, you can play the song and listen while your read. ^^)

Chapter Fourteen
I'm here

“Don’t be rude and just take a seat. Stop wasting our time.” Jina swallows hard and looks up at Risa who is smirking at her. “What are you waiting for?"

--

Jina turns her head and looks at her biological father who is waiting for her to take her seat so they can start eating. She swallows hard and tries to hold back her tears from falling. She doesn’t want to appear weak in front of them, especially Risa.

She promised herself that she’s done crying especially if it’s about this family.

“I’m just here to say that I will not be attending any of this anymore. I have a lot on my plate at the moment. Please stop contacting me or my mom anymore too. Please stop sending anything at the hospital as well.” She finally had the courage to say it.

Risa’s mother clicks her tongue in disbelief, “Aren’t you being disrespectful?”

Risa shakes her head and picks up her utensils and she starts eating. “Just let her be. Father should stop supporting rude brats like her.”

“Risa!” her biological father scolds her and Risa sighs as she glances at her mother as if asking for help, but she also can’t do anything when he’s mad. “Jina, please. We’ve been doing these for years now. I just want to spend some time with you. I can barely see you these days. Did you choose a University already? What do you need?”

“Please, stop. It’s different now.” Jina frowns. She really can’t look at him in the eye. Remembering how he tried to hide her mother, how he kept telling her mother that he loves her but still abandoned them. The hardships she gone through before she met her step-father. “I don’t really want to do anything with this family anymore.”

Her biological father sighs, unable to comprehend what is coming out from . “Maybe you’re just tired. Go home first and rest. Let’s talk about this some other time. And please, stop rejecting the help I’ve been sending to you. It’ll help with your everyday and your mother’s medical bills. Stop working several part time jobs.”

“How did you know about that? Are you asking someone to check on me?” She frowns.

“Jina…”

Jina shakes her head, “Please, just stop. I don’t need it.” Her voice starts to crack and she knows it’s about time to take her leave. She steps out of the private room inside the restaurant and walks as far as she can.

She is out of breath so she takes a seat at the bench to calm herself down. She closes her eyes and starts to cry silently. Trying her best to be strong for her mother and her future. Jina stands up from the bench and continues to walk home.

Tears streaming down her cheeks and she stops at the bridge to wipe her tears away. She turns her head towards the river and the cool wind breeze brushes her tears as she continues to cry. She just wants this hardship to be over. That’s why she keeps on working hard, to get into a good university and company. She wants to leave this place, live in the City instead and forget everything behind.

Jina slowly walks towards the railings of the bridge and takes in a deep breath.

She just wants to scream. She wants to scream her out, hoping it’ll help her make feel better. Hoping it’ll make her feel lighter.

“Jina.”

Hearing the familiar voice, Jina turns her head and sees Baekhyun standing in front of her. Eyes locked on hers and he could clearly see the tears rolling down her cheeks, feeling like something is pinching his heart.

Jina looks away quickly and wipes her tears with the back of her hand before looking just straight ahead. “I guess you’re feeling better now?” she asked as Baekhyun just kept on gazing at her, wanting to ask what’s wrong and why she is crying.

Baekhyun takes a step forward and wraps his uninjured arm around her shoulder and pulls her closer to his chest, giving her a warm and comforting hug.

“What are you…” Her voice cracked again as Baekhyun looks away.

“I’m not looking. You can cry.” Baekhyun said, in a soft voice.

Jina’s tears start to well up in her eyes as her emotions start to get into her. All the pain and hardship she’s been going through, it’s been awhile since she felt someone comforted her. Jina closes her eyes as she starts crying while Baekhyun pulls her closer, letting her cry her heart out.

He never thought seeing Jina in a vulnerable state would cause him so much pain.

After crying her heart out, Jina pulls back as Baekhyun removes it jacket and puts it around her.

Jina is feeling too tired to complain as she looks down. “I will walk you home.” He said.

They had a long yet comfortable silence on her way home with Baekhyun glancing at her once in a while.

She stops in front of the noodle restaurant and takes off Baekhyun’s jacket and hands it back to him. “You can go home. You didn’t have to walk me home. You’re injured.”

Jina’s stomach soon makes a sound making her cover it as if she will be able to stop it from making any sound. She didn’t feel hungry until they arrive at her place, but Baekhyun’s stomach soon growls for food as well and Jina tries her best to hold herself back from laughing but she chuckles and coughs afterward.

Baekhyun looks away to smile as he turns his head to look at Jina again.

“Want to have some instant ramen upstairs before you go?” Jina asked.

His ears soon start to heat up that his heart start to beat so fast inside his chest. He’s had with girls before but this just made him feel all shy all of a sudden. They both went upstairs and there is a huge wooden table outside. “Wait here. I will be back.”

Baekhyun frowns and looks at the huge wooden table and removes his shoes, stepping on top of it. *Are we…doing it here? She likes doing it in public?* Baekhyun starts moving in different positions, feeling uneasy and nervous at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter