a helping hand

Timeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m just gonna recap a few things here.

 

Jisoo is not a demon. Ngl, when I first read the theory you guys commented, I was like “that’s a cool as plot twist” but bcs I at plot twist, I didn’t think of that and at least from the way I see it, if Jisoo’s a demon, I think Jiyong would know.  Minho, a bartender at a club Jiyong had his after party (chapter dont be cold to me, I’m sad), was actually was possessed by a demon, and used Jisoo trying to get Jiyong.

 

Going forward, I’ll like to remind you to pay close attention to the year stamp. 

 

Chapter 1 happens in 2025,  Chapter 2 happened in 2013. chapter 3 until this latest chapter happened around 2016-2017.

 

Which means, chapter 1 didn’t happen yet (i just use it as a hint to those who asked who's the stranger at the end of the last chapter). The event that happens in chapter 1 will be tied to later chapter in this story (told you it’s a long story). Starting from this chapter, the timeline is gonna be crazy, there’ll be a lot of flashbacks, so if you don’t understand when it happens it’ll be much more confusing. 

 

Having said that, I guess I need to keep apologising for yet another delay. My husband wasn't well, my sister in law that lives with us was also sick, and my life in general is also crazy— I’m sure you guys can relate. However, I promise to post another chapter this week.

 

As always, thank you for reading.

 

!!!!!

 

Seungri was awaken by his phone ringing. It’s a phone call from Taehee, voice’s a little calmer than the last time he heard him, telling him if they’re wanted to make it in time for airport, Jiyong and him needed to start getting ready. 

 

Taehee even offered to come to their room and helped them pack or something, but Seungri assured him that they’re both good on their own and promised to be on time. With that, Seungri ended the call and placed the phone back to the bed side table. His eyes glanced over to Jiyong, who apparently went back to his bed while Seungri’s asleep, and saw that man’s eyes fluttered open.

 

“We need to get up.” Seungri said that, but he himself still under wrapped under the blanket. 

 

“Morning to you too.” Jiyong teased, to which Seungri replied with a snort. “You okay?” Jiyong asked after them only staring at each other in silent for a few moments.

 

Seungri was okay, actually. He felt well. More than well, in fact, he felt brand new. He was expecting more headaches or back pain or some parts feeling numb or stiff, but as he stretched out his limbs, he felt no such things. That aside, though, he still felt mentally and emotionally drained, and he just couldn’t bring himself to get out of the bed.

 

Jiyong was the first one to do that, eventually, taking his top off before throwing it to near his luggage. He caught Seungri staring at his chest for too long and snapped his fingers. “My eyes are up here.”

 

With a chuckle as a response to Seungri’s blushing, he hovered at Seungri’s bedside and held out his hand. “Come on. We don’t want Taehee getting mad again at us, don’t we?”

 

When Seungri took that hand and forced himself up, Jiyong nudged him to go to set the water running first for their shower together, while he’ll cleaned up in the bedroom. 

 

As he waited for the water to be at the right temperature, Seungri took care his other business and planned to brush his teeth first after washing his hand, but he got distracted by his own reflection. 

 

This might be ridiculous to say, because it was, especially coming from himself, but he swore that his skin— it’s ing glowing. There’s no creases, no sign of any blemishes, not even one pimple scars that he pretty sure he had somewhere on his cheeks and forehead before. Nothing. Nada. Zero. 

 

His hair too looked more fine than usual. It looked more nourished, it somehow had more volume and shining, and it’s weird because it felt he’s just done being styled up, when in reality, he hadn’t shower since yesterday and he’s freaking sure no one wouldn’t look this good after things like that.

 

He had his suspicion that Jiyong was healing him while he’s sleeping last night when he woke up earlier but this felt much more than the result of healing and a good night sleep. This felt like he got a new body.

 

Whatever, he thought, he’ll just ask Jiyong later, but when he held his hand to run it through his hair after he stepped into the shower, he noticed another peculiar thing. 

 

The burnt scar at his wrist that Jiyong gave him, disappeared. Gone. Poof. No sign of it ever existed. Seungri ran his fingers there but felt nothing but smooth skin. 

 

It was then officially becoming scary than it was amazing, because scar didn’t just disappear over night, and since when did Jiyong got so good in healing?

 

Seungri tried but he couldn’t remember for the life of him anything after the crews left the room. Everything sorta blurry when he tried to recall but he pretty sure he felt nothing weird happening to him last night.

 

“What I mean is, he wouldn’t wake up like this. Not when I’m healing him.”

 

He shook his head at that unknown voice echoing in his ears. He didn’t know even whose voice was that. It certainly wasn’t Jiyong, certainly wasn’t anyone he’s familiar with, and he for sure didn’t know what’s that even mean. 

 

Was there actually someone else here? If so, why would Jiyong kept it a secret? Was he planning something? Someone else that could heal— another demon? 

 

The shower curtain got yanked open all of the sudden, and although Seungri already knew the identity of the intruder, it still sent his hands flying over his area. 

 

“Why do you look like that?” Jiyong asked him as he joined in.

 

“Like what?”

 

“Like you’ve seen a ghost.”

 

Jiyong entered the shower box without waiting for his answer, which was a good thing because Seungri didn’t know what he supposed to say then, choosing to just sighed out a tired laugh. 

 

There really wasn’t any room for two grown men in there, so Seungri kept his back stapled to the wall as Jiyong let the water ran down upon himself. He meant to ask about last night, but the sight of Jiyong showering in front of him screwed up his thoughts. He didn’t get to pull himself together because Jiyong suddenly pulled him closer, manoeuvring their bodies so now Seungri’s back was at in front of the shower.

 

Seungri closed his eyes and ducked his head under the spray of water, getting his already wet hair, wetter. He really should have showered last night, but all that happened before that was too much that showering was not his top priority.

 

When he opened his eyes, Jiyong was holding a bottle of shampoo in front of him. Seungri took it and lathered up his head without a word. His hair was not too clumped as he expected it would but it still feel good to dig in. 

 

Jiyong then passed him his face wash. Even though the nurses had cleaned him up last night, the lather on his hands was still pink with leftover, dried blood. He turned around to rinse them off and ducked his head under the spray again.

 

Jiyong’s hands started to rub over his shoulders, then down his back, washing him with something that smelled that undeniably like him, but Seungri couldn’t name the fragrance if he tried. It must’ve been one of those crazy expensive soap he’s too poor to know. 

 

He braced a hand against the wall and kept his head bent forward, water running off his cheeks and nose, forcing him to keep his eyes closed as he let Jiyong took care of him.

 

It’s a strange thought that had warmth curling in his belly, and he wondered idly if it’s because Jiyong was healing him again, but he didn’t think that’s it. He huffed a laugh, righting himself as Jiyong took a half-step in and pressed against his back. Hands slid around Seungri’s sides and up his stomach to his chest.

 

There’s a hopeful tug in his groin but Seungri was stretched just a little too thin by his near-death- experience last night to get hard right now. So he just let himself lean his weight into Jiyong and tip his head back on his shoulder. Wet lips pressed to his cheek as fingers ghosted over his s. His breath hitched.

 

“Stop.”

 

“I’m sorry.” Jiyong quickly said, but Seungri heard smile in that apology.

 

“If you get me hard, right now, it’ll be the most confusing I’ve ever had in my life.” 

 

“Confusing because—“

 

“Of the other demon that tried to kill me last night.”

 

Jiyong’s hands went still on his stomach. “I won’t let that happen again,” he said seriously. 

 

Seungri shook his head, intended on saying something like it’s not your fault, but Jiyong must know what’s about to come out of his mouth, because fingers pressed against Seungri’s lips before he can even say it. 

 

“I will end this.” Jiyong’s voice a low rumble by Seungri’s ears. “I’m going to rip it apart.”

 

Seungri opened his eyes, staring at the showerhead as Jiyong’s hands start to move over his skin again. “Can you kill a demon?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“How?” 

 

Jiyong visibly flinched. 

 

“I’m not going to kill you.”

 

He could feel Jiyong’s Adam’s apple bobbed as he swallowed. “A couple of ways. If you know its true name, you can send it back to hell, but that won’t kill it.”

 

True name.

 

Seungri was rocked by the sudden realization that he didn’t know what Jiyong’s actual name was. His lips parted to ask, but he hesitated, and then Jiyong shook his head.

 

“Please don’t ask.” 

 

“Why can’t I know?”

 

“It’s not you I don’t trust. If someone or something pulls it out of you, then I’m in danger. So don’t ask me.” Jiyong’s voice cracked almost imperceptibly when he added, “Please.”

 

Seungri bit his own lips for a moment and then he nodded. “Switch,” he said, indicating their positions by pulling away from Jiyong. “Wash your nasty hair.”

 

They rotated themselves carefully around one another, and Seungri resumed the colder position behind Jiyong. Jiyong’s body blocks most of the water, so Seungri leaned into him, chest against his back, and rests his cheek on Jiyong’s shoulder blade.

 

“Feel free to give me a confusing shower ,” Jiyong joked as he shampooed his own head.

 

Seungri snorted a laugh, setting his hands on Jiyong’s thin hips. “How else can you do it?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

Seungri cleared his throat. “How else can you kill a demon?”

 

Jiyong’s hands stopped for a moment before resuming their scrubbing movement. “You’re making me nervous.”

 

And if that wasn’t the weirdest thing Seungri had ever heard in his life, he didn’t know what is. Him, human Seungri, making a demon nervous. This literal and figurative reversal in their positions, leaving Jiyong the vulnerable one, made Seungri felt overwhelmingly brave, and unfortunately weak in the goddamn knees over Jiyong’s trust in him. 

 

He squeezed Jiyong’s hips. “Ji.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I would never hurt you.”

 

The silence between them only lasted a moment but it felt like it stretched on forever. Seungri’s heart thumped against his ribs as Jiyong reached down to wrap around his hand and squeeze.

 

“I know, Ri.”

 

“Can we—can we just—“

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Go somewhere far, or something. Like—“

 

Jiyong sighed, a distinct guilt was clear in his tone when he spoke, “told you we can’t run away, baby. It'll  get you even if we go to the end of the world.” 

 

No matter how many times Jiyong convinced he got this, no matter how many times he’s been reassured, the feeling that something harmful was always looming around him, always just a few inches or seconds away to get him, was unpleasant. The uncertainties, the feeling being over the edge, the nothingness that he could hold on to, they’re breaking him. Slowly, piece by piece.

 

“Can’t we just stay?”

 

Though tainted with an accident, the earlier days of their trip was fine, and Seungri wished to keep reliving it. He guessed he should’ve known by now that Jiyong’s answer would stay the same and maybe he should brace himself, because the imminent disappointment that came afterwards was inevitable, no matter how gentle Jiyong said it.

 

“We will always come back later.”

 

Seungri closed his eyes and presses his forehead against the dip of Jiyong’s spine. He let out a slow breath and counted to ten. At seven and a half, the doorbell rang, and with a heavy heart, he moved out of the shower.

 

The rest of the day flew by. By the time Seungri realised their conversation actually wasn’t over, they’re already on the plane to go home. It’s just impossible to continue that talk with Jiyong then, with Taehee snoring between them.

 

It’s not until two days later, after they had landed and went home and slept and Seungri already forgotten all about it, that Jiyong touched about it again. 

 

“If you destroy the core of a demon, it will kill it.”

 

The woman in front of them looked halfway over her shoulder at them before turning around again.

 

Seungri glared at him with the most widest eyes he could do. “Maybe not in the parking lot? Where people could ing hear you?” He whispered urgently, as they zigzagged around the lines of cars. 

 

Jiyong called him this morning, telling him that he needed to come with him. When he asked where or what are they’re doing, Jiyong just told him to trust him and he’ll explained later. Jiyong’s tone was calm but the urgency underneath that surface was plain as day, so Seungri had no other choice than to go with him.

 

Jiyong pressed the key in his hand, ignoring Seungri who still was looking around to see if there’s any other people here as they walked to the now unlocked Mercedes. 

 

“What the was that?” Seungri stopped him from getting into the car. 

 

“I didn’t answer your question, before.”

 

“Is this the place to do it? That woman heard you.” 

 

“She just thinks we’re weird.”

 

“You are definitely ing weird.”

 

Jiyong just looked at him, his head tilted a bit to the side, in the way that made Seungri felt dumb to even ask that question, because it wasn’t like he was wondering about that  fundamentally character of Jiyong.

 

Seungri breathed out. “Okay, so?”

 

“If the core is destroyed, there’s nothing to rebuild.”

 

“Can you do that?” Seungri asked. 

 

Jiyong nodded. 

 

“Have you done that?”

 

Jiyong nodded again. “I’ve done a lot of things.”

 

A car passed by them, the driver was the woman in front of them earlier. She gave the two of them an odd look before moving on.

 

“Well, that’s vague.”

 

Jiyong met Seungri’s gaze again. “I don’t think now’s the time to get into the atrocities I may or may not have committed.”

 

“When have you killed other demons?” Seungri muttered that question quietly.

 

“Hell isn’t free of in-fighting,” Jiyong admitted, finally lowering his voice. “But it was a long, long time ago.”

 

Seungri didn’t know what to say to that, so he just nodded.

 

Jiyong moved closer to him, his voice dripping with an absurd amount of confidence as he spoke, “I’m telling you I can do this and that you don’t need to worry.”

 

That was still not a definitive answer from Jiyong, and the ever on-edge Seungri had had enough of it. “Can you stop?”

 

“Stop what?”

 

“Stop all this! Stop hiding things for me!” Seungri shook his head. “I maybe not as wise as you, but I’m not that stupid either, so come clean already! Just tell about your plan!”

 

“I—“ Jiyong started out, voice just as high as Seungri, but he backed down. “Just get in the car, Ri.”

 

They exchanged fiery stares with each other for a kittle while, and Jiyong’s expression was the first to soften. He expelled out another sigh, his hand ran pushed his hair back. “You’ll understand once we get there.”

 

Seungri choked out a scoff in disbelief, shaking his head. He said nothing, only getting in the car only to slam the door behind him. 

 

*****

 

Twenty minutes or so into their muted journey, Jiyong’s hand landed on Seungri’s left thigh, pressing on it a little, meant to stop Seungri’s leg that just won’t stop fidgeting since they got into the car. 

 

Seungri let it be at first, keeping his gaze outside of the window, used to Jiyong’s touch by now —and usually he likes it— but when he felt the weird sensation grazing at his mind, dulling and numbing his senses, he pushed the hand away.

 

Jiyong sighed it off, driving with both his hand now. Yes, you read that right. Jiyong was driving today, saying that he’s too worried to let the emotionally Seungri behind the wheel this time. And he hated that. Not having the means to touch the steering wheel, not driving, making him felt like he lost control of everything and it’s making him crazy.

 

“ off. I don’t need healing.”

 

Jiyong shrugged half-assedly. “Just trying to take the edge of it, Ry.”

 

“Well, I don’t need that. Not right now. You doing that, only make everything worse now. I can’t sense whether something is wrong or not when you do that!”

 

“Alright, no need to get snappy about it.”

 

Seungri brea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter