don’t be cold to me, I’m sad.

Timeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of his phone ringing woke Seungri up. Startled, Seungri scrambled to his bedside table and answered the call without looking at the caller ID, already kinda knew who the hell was it. Who else would be insane enough to call at this kind of hour if it isn’t—

 

“Morning, Ri.” The other end of the line greeted him nonchalantly, words a little slurred, a clear proof that the caller wasn’t actually sober.

 

“It’s 3 in the morning, for god’s sake—“ Seungri replied groggily, throwing his back to the bed again. 

 

Instead of apologising like a normal person would or giggling like a normal Jiyong would, the line went dead quiet. So much so that Seungri started to fell guilty for responding too harshly, forcing him to stop mid-yawning.

 

“Are you alright?” Seungri finally asked after clearing his throat.

 

It took five full seconds for Jiyong to whisper back his answer. “I don’t know.”

 

It had been a nerve-wracking, nail-biting, stressful couple of months for Jiyong, Seungri knew. 

 

Jiyong had been sleeping in his office lately, working hard with his team to prepare for the launch of his latest Spring/Summer collection during Seoul Fashion Week. It’s not the first time KJY was joining the biggest event of fashion in Korea but the pressure was really on this time, according to Jiyong, because this year, his show was regarded as an exclusive event, which meant that no one without invitations couldn’t enter the show, which meant that all the guests that came would be celebrities and fashion enthusiasts all around the world!

 

“Are you still at your office?”

 

“No— too stuffy in there.”

 

“Are you home then?”

 

“Nah, not really.”

 

Seungri took a deep breath in. “What do you mean, not really?”

 

Jiyong made a sound that’s pretty close to a giggle. “Guess.”

 

“Ji—“

 

“Guess where I am!”

 

Oh, God. For someone as old as him, Jiyong sure could be such a brat. “Can you give me a hint?”

 

“Um.... I’m under the light of a thousand stars.”

 

Seungri knew the answer immediately. “Rooftop?”

 

“Oh!” Jiyong exclaimed sluggishly and Seungri could heard a lazy clapping after that. “Ri, you never disappoint me!”

 

Seungri grinned, his last bit of sleepiness faded away. “Really?”

 

“Never!"

 

“Not even once?”

 

“Not once!” 

 

“Not even my faith in the existence of supernatural beings?”

 

Jiyong hummed. “Okay... one thing disappoints me.”

 

Seungri chuckled before clearing his throat again. “It’s 3AM, dude. Go home. Go to sleep. You’re gonna be sic—“

 

“Ri—“ Jiyong cut him off, “wouldn’t it be better I didn't exist?”

 

That question dropped like a bomb between them, silencing Seungri with its suddenness. For a few moments, only the sound of Jiyong’s faint breathing was echoing in his ears. 

 

Seungri ran his hand through his hair. “You want me to come up there, Ji?”

 

Silence.

 

“Ji?” Seungri tried again.

 

“Yeah— yes, please.”

 

Less than ten minutes later, Seungri found Jiyong lying on top of a thin blanket at the rooftop, phone still in his grip, a few bottles of beer scattered at his side.

 

“Hi, Ri.” Jiyong gifted Seungri a sweet smile as soon as he noticed Seungri was already by his side.

 

“Having fun?”

 

“Hell yeah, my dude.” 

 

That answer came out forced, causing Seungri to chuckle but it couldn’t erase his wariness. 

 

“Ji—“

 

“Ri—“ Jiyong sat and looked up to Seungri with the same exact expression Seungri saw every time Jiyong was having his episodes of mental breakdown. 

 

“What?” Seungri exhaled, bracing himself for another existential question or maybe a burst of emotions or tears— anything. Surprisingly —or should Seungri said, thankfully— Jiyong’s expression turned cheeky, melting Seungri’s nervousness away. 

 

“A shooting star just flew right behind you!” 

 

Seungri knew there’s none, but as of now, he knew that all Jiyong needed now was a company, so he smiled and played along. “What?! Why didn’t you tell me!”

 

They continued joking around, sipping on cold beer in an already cold autumn nights for maybe an hour or so before Seungri decided that enough was enough and dragged Jiyong home.

 

“Why are you still walking around?!” Seungri nagged when Jiyong didn’t go straight to his bed, instead lifelessly stumbling around his bedroom. “ing go to sleep, Ji! At what time you want to fall asleep exactly!?”

 

“Only God knows when this body will crash to the ground, my friend.” Jiyong murmured under his giggle. 

 

Seungri sighed. Manoeuvring Jiyong to the bed by grabbing his shoulder, Seungri pushed him to lay down on his bed. Jiyong wriggled away as his back touched his duvet but Seungri used all his might to pin Jiyong there.

 

“Stay!” Seungri exclaimed in frustration and after struggling a few times, although still giggling like a high school girl, Jiyong finally obeyed him. Seungri was ready to leave after covering Jiyong with a duvet. He’s ready to go home and resume his dream, but Jiyong was fast to grab his left wrist. 

 

“Just sleep, man.” Seungri replied, chose to remain unfazed with Jiyong suddenly being so touchy. “We got some footage to shoot tomorrow, yeah?”

 

Jiyong’s already closed eyes fluttered open, his bony fingers moved to Seungri’s palm, squeezing it rather lightly.

 

“What is it?” 

 

“You stay too.” Jiyong whispered.

 

“Huh?!”

 

“Stay here. Sleep here—“

 

“You’re kidding.”

 

“No. —“ Jiyong’s face all scrunched up when he continued, “—stay please.”

 

“Ji-“

 

“I don’t want be alone.”

 

Seungri didn’t know how to respond to that.

 

“At least until I fell asleep.”

 

“I—“

 

“Please.”

 

Seungri wanna throw hands so bad, he swore, because holy  he’s tired, but Jiyong’s tone now was the same tone he had in that video —lonely, miserable, almost in pain— and Seungri’s chest felt tight in response, so he stayed. It’s not like they never slept together before. They did, couple of times in fact, in haunted hotels, in sketchy motels, in cramp flight seats, but it was never like this. 

 

It was never on the same comfy king-sized bed with Jiyong’s scent all over it.

 

Maybe that’s why when Seungri woke up the next morning with Jiyong still deep in his slumber was just two inches away from him, Seungri felt a rush of emotions he didn’t understand. Maybe that’s why Seungri got distracted by things he never noticed before like Jiyong’s exposed chest and how silky white was it or Jiyong’s adorable pointy nose or Jiyong’s almost frowning face that made Seungri wondered in silent on what kind of dream Jiyong is having now. Maybe that’s why Seungri was flustered when he realised he’s been staring for too long because he found deep-in-sleep Jiyong was even more fascinating than the awake one.

 

Seungri leapt out of the bed in confusion by his own thoughts and dashed away.

 

*****

 

“Alright. I’m ready.” Jiyong exclaimed when he’s done inspecting his GoPro. 

 

“Remember to take your walkie-talkie with you.” Taehee reminded him as he would often do.

 

Most of the places they went to had network coverage, especially the place they’re in now, a deserted nursery home just outside the city, but the ever so cautious Taehee always asked them to bring it anyway to avoid the possibility of lost contact during any emergency situation if their phones ran out of batery or something. 

 

“Can’t risk it, you know, especially now that it’s your last episode.” Taehee continued. 

 

“Had them ready to go, boss.” Jiyong tapped on his front pocket a few times, earning a thumb up from Taehee. “Also, don’t say it like that. I’m taking a break for like a month or so, not forever.”

 

“We’re taking a break—“ Teddy interrupted them, emphasising on ‘we’, “—since someone just refused to shoot without you.” 

 

Jiyong glanced at Seungri who in ly rolled his eyes at Teddy’s remark. “You’re such a scaredy-cat.” Jiyong joined the fun of teasing Seungri who still said nothing, only shrugged and stared back at him. 

 

It wasn’t a regular stare, but Jiyong couldn’t focus to decipher it, not while they’re in front of the cameras, not while all eyes were on them, so Jiyong figured for now, he should just do his job. In regular fashion, Jiyong walked to the camera and whispered, “pray for me, babes” before walking to Seungri, who still hadn’t taken his eyes off him, to . 

 

“You too, baby, pray for me.” Jiyong leaned in bravely to Seungri’s lips this time, ready to laugh when Seungri flinches away as he would often do.

 

This time, however, Seungri didn’t. Seungri stayed, his gaze was holding and Jiyong swore, those eyes—they were waiting. Thrown off, Jiyong pulled away. “Why aren’t you— why aren’t you dodging?”

 

Seungri blinked once, hard, looked as shocked as Jiyong was and the expression Jiyong never saw before was gone, replaced by a nervous laugh. 

 

“Because I want to do this—“ Seungri blurted that out, eyes now filled humour, and cradled Jiyong’s face with both of his hands. 

 

“What are you—“

 

Seungri titled his head to a side, blocking the camera when he made Jiyong titled his head too and pulled their faces closer together, making it seemed like they’re kissing. 

 

They weren't, by the way. But they were so close together— so close, that Jiyong could feel warm breaths escaping from Seungri slightly ajar lips. So close that even though he’s sure the camera crew gave out reactions (aww-ing, squirming, yelling etc.), Jiyong couldn’t give a damn about them. So close, that it’s actually making Jiyong felt light-headed and if it wasn’t for Seungri pulling away three whole seconds later, Jiyong would probably, crazily, close his eyes in anticipation. 

 

“Come back safe.” Seungri smirked at him, almost as if saying, ‘that’s what you get for keep messing with me, boy’.

 

Flustered Jiyong only managed to point his index finger at Seungri, trying hard to say something but failed for he’s rendered speechless at Seungri’s cruel -at least for him- joke.

 

Jiyong turned away and went inside with heart dangerously close to a stop for how crazy it was beating, ignoring choruses of laughter behind him.

 

*****

 

Jiyong slumped deeper into the comfy velvety couch, one hand on his crossing legs, the other gripping rather loosely on a glass of Sazerac on the table.

 

Jiyong was engaging in a few small talks earlier, but as the night was getting late, it’s getting harder and harder for him to focus on any words to say or hear, so he decided to focus on drinking alone in the VIP booth of the night club he’s in, celebrating his own freedom now that his event in Seoul Fashion Week was over. 

 

His phone beeped. It’s a text from Teddy, congratulating him, saying he’s excited to start filming again after two whole months stopping and Jiyong’s mind almost instantaneously flew to Seungri, who came to his show as his special guest earlier but Jiyong was too busy to stop and talk to him. 

 

Come to think about it, they never really talk at all these past couple of months. Except for Seungri’s constant texts to remind him to sleep properly and him thanking that man without actually following that advice, there were never really any interactions between them. 

 

Now that the show was over, now that the adrenaline rush that had been keeping him up and running everywhere today was depleted, although he kinda want to call Seungri immediately, Jiyong figured he should take Seungri’s words for a chance now because he’s beyond exhausted. His eyelids were heavier than rocks. The club was noisy like Hell, but pretty sure he could fall asleep right here right now.

 

Just when he’s dozing off, he felt the seat next to him moved. 

 

“Are you seriously gonna sleep here?!” His PA’s voice rang through his ears. “People were waiting outside to talk to you! To mingle with you! Honestly, oppa, it’s better for them to find you snorting or something in here, rather than this!” She gestured at his whole body. 

 

“Jisoo...” Jiyong groaned, “stop screaming.”

 

“I’m not screaming—“

 

“It sounded like you are.”

 

“If you don’t open your eyes and sit down properly in three seconds, I’m gonna ask any girl down there who has been thirsting over you to do a on you.”

 

Jiyong opened his eyes wide then, not risking it because Jiyong knew for a fact that Jisoo’s actually that insane to do exactly that. “Why did I even go here....” Jiyong muttered under his breath. 

 

“It’s an after party for you—“ Jisoo stated the obvious, “and may I remind you, oh the mighty Mr. Kwon Jiyong, it’s your idea!”

 

“Ugh! I changed my mind. I want to go home.”

 

“Oppa—“

 

“Jisoo—“ Jiyong stopped her from starting another chorus of nagging, “be nice to me, please.” 

 

J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter