other half

Timeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How would it feels when you find out the love of your life might not be the one universe wanted it to be? Seungri found out how. 


!!!!!

 

Night came. 

 

Jiyong and Seungri managed to get to the car before it became really dark to take their food supply and some other camping equipments needed for them to sleep. While outside, Jiyong urged him to ‘do his business’ because Seungri might be too embarrassed or scared to do it inside. Seungri complied, his mind filled with the thoughts of Seunghyun.

 

No way in hell I will piss in front of an angel

 

Jiyong arranged their things in a cleaner corner of the warehouse, where the flow of air was decent enough for respiration. He then unfolded the sleeping bags and spread them out besides one another. Heater and a few small rechargeable lights were placed around their little nest. 

 

Seungri was helping around for a while but he decided that he’s too hungry and started munching on popcorn Jiyong brought while wandering how long Jiyong had been preparing for all of this. The more he thought about it the more it’s seemed like he’s the only one sleeping and resting after their LA trip.

 

“We have to sleep here? This .”

 

Jiyong was all smile as he the heater. “Just think of it as another episode of our show.”

 

“Oh, yeah, let’s call it The Possession of Lee Seungri.”

 

That smile of Jiyong got wider. “See, you’re natural at this.”

 

“ off, Ji.” Seungri said that while laughing. “You see, if this is one of the episodes of our show, it’ll be the best one yet... We got every piece of evidence. Demons, spirits and an angel! Imagine the views! We’ll be on the trending page. We’ll break the internet, Ji, more than Kim Kardashian’s nudes.”

 

“For displaying something morbid?”

 

Seungri shook his head, then proceeded to talk with a mouth stuffed with popcorns. “No, no, not morbid. Morbid is something like recording a dead body. This is the truth. People seek this kind of truth, Ji. Religious people, believers—“

 

“Believers.” Jiyong mocked that word. 

 

“But you know I’m right.”

 

Jiyong finally finished setting up their place and sat down on his sleeping bag, close to Seungri. “You’re right. But not everything can’t be shared with people. Especially not this kind of thing.”

 

“It’ll melt their brain?”

 

“Gonna create chaos, baby. I mean look at you.” Jiyong extended his hand to reach Seungri’s arm that’s hugging the popcorn basket, rubbing softly on the skin.

 

“I got you.”

 

“Not everyone can get a demon who love them, can’t they?”

 

Seungri burst out laughing, while Jiyong grinned again but there’s a contained sigh behind it that’s not properly being hidden, and it turned the atmosphere between them to a serious one.

 

“Hey, Ri... I love you. I know that I don’t deserve you, but it’s been such an honour—and, and a privilege that you love me too. I will do whatever it takes to preserve that honour.” Jiyong leaned in a little, planting a kiss on Seungri’s forehead. 

 

Seungri thought about making fun of Jiyong for how corny and cringe-worthy those word were, but there’s something inside of him that reminded him that maybe he would never had another chance to get it, so he set his eyes shut and savoured that moment. 

 

Jiyong pulled away with a satisfied grin. 

 

“I’m just gonna eat because I don’t want to cry, because you’re making me emotional.” Seungri blurted out after he opened his eyes. 

 

Jiyong took turn laughing. “Sorry for turning your life upside down.”

 

“You did.” Seungri agreed. “That you did.”

 

“And as much as you, I do want this to be over quickly but I guess we just gotta wait.”

 

No one said anything for a while after that. Jiyong now lying casually on his sleeping bag, scrolling down his phone, probably on Instagram or something, while Seungri put his food away, took a big gulp of water and threw his gaze around the dark surrounding.

 

A thought flashed through his mind. 

 

“Where’s him?”

 

Jiyong didn’t raise his face when answering. “Around.”

 

“What’s he doing?”

 

Jiyong turned to Seungri for a second, shrugged, and focused back on his phone. “Probably staying away from us. Maybe finding one or two lost spirits, maybe just securing the perimeter.”

 

“You can see him, can’t you?”

 

Jiyong shrugged again. 

 

Seungri swallowed hard. “When he said he can send you back to hell, did he mean that— can he do that?”

 

Jiyong his lips before replying, “yes. But then again, everyone can. He’s more capable than the rest but you know, it’s not that special.”
 

Seungri might be wrong but he saw Jiyong’s eyes glanced at him for a second as he added, “it’s best that you don’t talk to him too much.”

 

“Because he’ll melt my brain?” uttered Seungri mockingly.

 

“That. And you’ll start asking questions that I can’t or shouldn’t answer.”

 

“You think I’m a weak sauce.”

 

Jiyong snorted. “I do not think that.”

 

“Of course I’m gonna ask questions! He’s a freaking angel!” Seungri exclaimed, causing Jiyong to cackle louder. “Or do you want me to ask him directly?”

 

“Go. I dare you to find him and look him in the eyes and ask him questions.”

 

Seungri’s eyes narrowed, analysing Jiyong’s confidence that sounded a little too suspicious for him. “You already talk to him about this-“

 

“I did no such thing.”

 

“-you asked him to not talk to me. That’s why he’s cold to me.”

 

Jiyong’s laugh faded to a bemused grin. “That’s... reaching. And no, that’s not why he’s cold to you.” That grin died at the end of that sentence and that’s only making Seungri more curious. 

 

“He doesn’t like human or something?”

 

“You can see it that way.” Jiyong raised his shoulder yet again.

 

“Impossible! I thought angels are nice!”

 

“Yeah and you thought demons are incapable of love! Yet here we are on our honeymoon.”

 

Seungri couldn’t contain the explosion of laughter at that absurd statement.

 

“Ji...”

 

“Hm?”

 

“I don’t wanna argue with you.”

 

Jiyong finally put his phone down and fixed his gaze at Seungri. “We are not arguing, baby. You’re just annoying me with annoying questions and I’m annoying you back with even more annoying answers.”

 

Seungri chuckled. “Your answers are like riddles and I’m not good with riddles, Ji. I mean I like them but my brain is mashed potato this past few weeks so...”

 

Jiyong stared at Seungri while smiling to himself.

 

“Ah, I see what you mean by melting my brain.”

 

Jiyong nodded a few times before chuckling. Seungri echoed his laughter, shaking his head a few times. His chest felt warm. Who would’ve thought that even in this kind of environment, with no assurance whatsoever if there’s tomorrow, Seungri still capable of laughing. 

 

It’s all because of Jiyong. God, he loved that man so much.

 

Oh god he’s gonna start crying again

 

“I do have other questions.”

 

“Fire away, cannon boy.”

 

Seungri wanted laughed again but he's quick to suppress it down by closing his mouth. “What kind of debt that he owed you?”

 

Jiyong went quiet for a really long time that Seungri almost repeated his question again or asked a follow up question on whether he could actually ask that question or not.

 

“I saved his life, once, a long time ago.”

 

“Yeah? What happened?”

 

Jiyong got quiet again and Seungri cursed his own impatience. 

 

“It’s a long story.”

 

“We got all night.”

 

“I’d rather not spend the night with you but talk about someone else entirely.”

 

“At least give me summary.”

 

“I just did.”

 

Seungri sighed, and Jiyong must’ve heard the irritation rising in that heavy breath because he hesitantly started talking, “he just came down here and he was hunting demons.”

 

Seungri was stunned. “Hunting demons?”

 

“Just like us, we hunt ghouls and spirits and demons.”

 

“But he’s a pro.”

 

“Yeah, his huntings were more successful than us. Way more successful, because he got tools that actually work, you know, not just screaming radio and questionable torchlights—“

 

Seungri rolled his eyes. 

 

“—and he has the sight. He can see, way more than I can. He can feel— he’s just superior in many ways.”

 

“So how come you got to save him?”

 

“Um-“

 

“Wait, what tools?”

 

It’s Jiyong turned to sigh, clearly losing his patience and Seungri just grinned unapologetically at that reaction. “I’m gonna answer your questions, in my own terms, and one by one.”

 

“Okay, okay.” Seungri raised both his hands up. “Sorry.”

 

“He made a mistake of getting into this demons, um, lair. He’s way more powerful than most demons but he could be outnumbered, so he was ambushed. He’s fast and strong but he’s also a rookie and he’s doing it alone. And, so, I happened to be close and happened to feel sorry for him and helped him and he’s thankful and promised never to bash in me into hell or whatever. The end.”

 

Seungri could only blink.

 

“You okay, Ri?” Jiyong’s voice was gentle. “Uh-huh” came out of Seungri and Jiyong laughed. “As for what tools he used, he used his power. That’s all.”

 

Seungri couldn’t say anything for a while. His mind was racing until he couldn’t gather himself to even give a reaction or some words to say back.

 

Demon lair? Like an actual lair!? Demon gang? Oh my god? Demons vs angels combat?

 

“See, told you, it’ll melt your brain away.”

 

Seungri exhaled, didn’t realised he’s holding his breath for a long time.

 

“Some truth needed to be sealed or we will question reality and turns us...crazy.”

 

“I’m not crazy,” Seungri hissed. 

 

“I know. You took it exceptionally well, Ri, but anymore of this, your whole existence will melt away and that’s not good. Not for you. Not for me.”

 

Seungri didn’t object that, couldn’t if he wanted to, so he just lay down on his sleeping bag and stare out to the ceiling. Jiyong too stayed silent, possibly giving Seungri time and space to process everything.

 

“That’s not that crazy,” Seungri said at the end. 

 

“No?”

 

“Yeah. Just cool.”

 

“Cool?”

 

Seungri his side to Jiyong, who’s now staring at him like he’s actually crazy.

 

“Cool.” He pressed on. “Demon lair? Demon gang? Angel versus demon? Holy , that movie is gonna be cooler than the Tom Hanks one!”

 

Jiyong melted to a grin. “Yeah, okay, that is pretty cool.”

 

“Is that all angels do? Find demons and send them back to hell?”

 

“Part of it, I guess.”

 

“What else they do?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

Seungri pouted, placing a bait to fish out Jiyong’s sympathy.

 

“You’re cute but I really don’t know. And if I do, I believe this is something that we can’t talk about.”

 

“Oh.” Seungri’s eyes widened. “Along the lines of how strong you are.”

 

“You’re finally catching up!”

 

Seungri just smiled at that teasing, his lips.

 

“There’s more question?” Jiyong groaned as soon as he saw whatever in Seungri’s expression that confirmed his suspicion. 

 

“Just one, really.”

 

“Fine. One, and no more.”

 

Right. Just one. “Um, okay, what happened— to me— if, if the dem— if it—“ Seungri fumbled for words, but Jiyong didn’t rush him, “if it succeeded on its mission?”

 

Jiyong’s tone was stern when he realised what exactly was Seungri asking about. “It won’t—“

 

“Just— pretend it’s not me for a second, okay-“

 

“I can’t!”

 

Seungri stubbornly headed on. “I want to know, just in general, in the event of a demon successfully claiming a human soul, what happened to the soul of that said human?”

 

Jiyong looked like he’s so close of groaning again, and Seungri was this close at saying “you know what, Ji, forget I’ve ever asked. I’ll just Google it later” to him, but Jiyong was already surprisingly ready to spill the beans then.

 

“There’s two types of claiming.” Jiyong spoke through his clenched teeth. “One, through offering.”

 

“As in—“

 

“As in, the human offers his soul in exchange of something.” 

 

“Ah.” That’s all Seungri could say. “The second one?”

 

“Possession.”

 

“...which is what I’m in now, right?” Jiyong didn’t say yes or any other thing and somehow Seungri already received his answer. “Ji, what happened to the soul of the human? They become lost soul?”

 

Jiyong gritted his teeth. When he spoke, he said like he’s in pain. “More than that. When the human’s still alive, they become its puppet to do whatever it desires.”

 

Seungri’s mind wandered to the thought of Minho, his friend, now what, a puppet of a demon?

 

“When they’re dead, they become its minions. Its army of chaos. There’s no hierarchy in demonic beings, but the ones with more minions is considered more powerful than the others. Demons—“ Jiyong looked at his own hand as he continued, “—are powerful on their owns, imagine them having an assistant, or two, or ten of them— it’ll cause reign of terror.”

 

It took a full few minutes for Seungri to stomach everything. Though not fully digesting it just yet, he still was adamant in asking his follow up question. 

 

“You said you made deals with humans before.”

 

“I did.” 

 

It’s the way Jiyong was saying it that got Seungri, so full of disgust at himself and it pained him greatly. He wanted to say sorry to even bring this topic up, but Jiyong apparently wasn’t done talking.

 

“But I also said that I made deals with my own kind.”

 

Seungri’s voice was small when he threw another question to Jiyong’s lap. “You traded your minions. Why?”

 

“Peace of mind.”

 

Jiyong probably didn’t notice this, but the expression he put on as he said that, almost nearing fear, was the most human Seungri had ever seen Jiyong be, and although this wasn’t at all about him, but the peace of mind Jiyong was talking about, Seungri could understand the yearning of it.

 

*****

 

Seungri couldn’t sleep.

 

Surprise, surprise.

 

It’s probably been two full hours of Seungri tossing around in his sleeping bag. He kept fidgeting and turning left and right hoping that it’ll make him tired, but to no avail. Seungri just became more aware of his surroundings, hearing every sounds, every movements and changes around him.

 

“Stop moving.” Jiyong hissed from behind him.

 

He should’ve known that Jiyong wasn’t actually sleeping but the last time Seungri checked, Jiyong’s eyes were sealed tight. He turned again, facing Jiyong. 

 

“Ji?”

 

“Mm?”

 

“Are we safe?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“You sure?”

 

Jiyong opened his eyes, staring in disbelief at his five inches away boyfriend. “Yes.”

 

Seungri drew out a deep breath.

 

“Are you cold?”

 

Seungri hesitated for a second. “Yes.”

 

Jiyong pulled the zip of Seungri’s sleeping bag a little, placing his hand at the opening. “Better?”

 

“I’ll be much better if you can get in here.”

 

Jiyong raised his eyebrows. “We can’t both fit in there.”

 

“We can try.”

 

Laughter escaped through Jiyong’s teeth, while Seungri bit his lower lip.

 

“I’m gonna scoot in closer to you, I don’t care.”

 

“Okay, Ri,” replied Jiyong, still between his laughter.

 

The distance between them now was smaller, but Seungri still wasn’t satisfied until some part of his body were touching Jiyong’s and Jiyong knew that. He breathed out and leaned closer, meant to reward Seungri with a light peck but the other party welcomed it with double the excitement, raising half of his body to be on top of Jiyong.

 

Seungri moved his hands to Jiyong’s neck and then his hair, grabbing on it a little and was rewarded by a faint moan at the back of Jiyong’s throat.

 

Good, good.

 

He meant to move further, one of his hands was already on top of Jiyong’s collar, when suddenly he’s back to lying on his back with half of Jiyong’s body on top of his. Jiyong pulled away, trailing a kiss down Seungri’s neck.

 

“Better,” Seungri whispered, pulling on Jiyong’s hair, feeling the heat pooling around his groin. He threw his head back, giving Jiyong more access while at the same time letting the heat of his need burned him with every touch, but as just he’s about to sink even deeper, Jiyong disappeared from on top of him.

 

Seungri looked at his hand where Jiyong was a second ago now only hugging the air and then at Jiyong, who already back to his original position, looking like he’s trying hard to calm himself down.

 

“Wha—“

 

“You’re driving me insane.”

 

Seungri didn’t mean it but his voice was high-pitched when he said, “what did I do?”

 

“You can’t possibly thinking that we’re gonna have here!”

 

Seungri lowered his hand, exhaling loud to make sure Jiyong got the hint that he’s agitated. “Why not? Why the hell not?!”

 

“It’s filthy in here! We inhale 3 pound of dust every second and you wanna have here?”

 

Seungri didn’t answer, pressing knuckles to his eyes, inhaling and exhaling deep to calm himself and to let what had been awaken to fall asleep again.

 

“Ri-“

 

“Shut up.”

 

“Oh, so I refuse to have with you here and you don’t want to talk me. Ri!”

 

“Shut up, Ji!”

 

“Ri!” 

 

The knuckles got yanked away, and they were wet. Seungri gasped a little, not realising he was crying.

 

“Oh my god,” Jiyong hissed, noticing the same thing. He pulled the zipper of Seungri’s sleeping bag and tried, as hard as he could, to get inside. He succeeded and pulled Seungri’s head to his chest, running his hand through that hair.

 

“Ri, please.”

 

Seungri’s dam of tears then officially broke and he had no intention of stopping it, letting them rained down Jiyong’s chest. He wanted to be embarrassed for his lack of self control, he wanted to be embarrassed for acting like teenage boy who just got dumped by his first crush, but th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter