closure

Timeless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything was finally, blessedly quiet. 

 

The awful screech that made Seungri covered his eyes and ears in fear of losing them both, was finally gone. The ground beneath them was no longer shaking. The glass above them was no longer exploding. The dust around them had settled. 

 

The only thing left that Seungri needed to worry about now, was the state Jiyong was in currently.

 

Earlier, while Seughyun was busy beating the hell out of the demon and impaling it, Seungri managed to crawl to Jiyong. Scared that another explosion would happened, Seungri covered Jiyong’s body with his own and braced for any impact. 

 

As it turned out, there were no more explosion, just a piercing banshee cry with thousand times more intensity, yet Seungri still remained that way, his chest hovered on the top half of Jiyong’s body until now.

 

“....Ji?” Seungri rattled Jiyong’s shoulder a little.

 

There’s no answer. Jiyong wasn’t even budging. When Seungri touched his chest again, it’s cold, there’s no familiar pulse of heat that came with it, and it’s scaring the of him. 

 

 “Ji, it’s over. Wake up.” Seungri’s breath turned ragged, the next word came out of him sounded like a pathetic squeal. “—Ji?”

 

Seungri’s hands went on a tour all over Jiyong’s upper body to shake him out to his consciousness, Jiyong’s  name spilling out of his lips like some sort of chant. He’s heaving, his chest tight, panic and terrified, because there’s a chilling thought at the back of his mind that he’s trying to ignore, but it’s getting louder and louder, pushing Seungri very close to the edge of his sanity.

 

Ji—Ji, please. ing please-

 

“Make way for me, Seungri.”

 

Seunghyun’s sudden voice from somewhere near him was calm, but it startled him regardless, only realising he’s bawling his eyes this whole time for how blurry Seunghyun looked when he raised his head to look at the angel’s direction. He didn’t even realise he was hauling Jiyong’s closer to him if it wasn’t for Seunghyun’s hands gripping on his forearm, stopping him. 

 

“Ji... Ji, he’s-“ Seungri was unable to finish his sentence, interrupted by his own sobbing.

 

“He’s alive, Seungri, but barely, so please...” Seunghyun pressed on his forearm a little more, convincing him that he didn’t mean no harm, and Seungri could trust him. “Please let him go, I need to heal him.”

 

Jiyong’s alive.

 

Realisation came back to Seungri hearing that, like he’s been sobered up, so he let Seunghyun took over Jiyong’s body. 

 

Seunghyun laid Jiyong down on the floor, and for a second, he looked like he’s about to go on with it, but he turned to Seungri instead, taking one of Seungri’s hand in his own and placing them on Jiyong’s chest.

 

“Do you feel that?” Seunghyun asked.

 

Seungri let out a tiny gasp at the presence of a heartbeat he felt there. Non-stop tears spilled again from his eyes, and he broke out into a messy bawl, relieved beyond words that the idea of Jiyong’s gone was nothing but a fleeting bad thought. 

 

Jiyong’s heartbeat— it was weak, faltering, but it’s there nonetheless, and Seungri gonna hold on to that with his all. He’s gonna hold on to that with his dear life. 

 

“Can you trust me?” 

 

In what matter exactly, Seunghyun didn’t disclose it, but Seungri did trust him. Seunghyun had proven himself to be trustworthy, especially regarding Jiyong, and he had no other reason than just to say, “y-yeah..”

 

Seunghyun nodded, moving his hand from on top of Seungri’s that still on Jiyong’s chest, to Seungri’s shoulder instead. 

 

Seungri wiped off his tears and snort, waiting for the next instruction or words from Seunghyun, but it never did. There’s only a peculiar sensation that came from where Seunghyun touched him, warm and heavy, and Seungri was about to ask what’s that all about, but Seunghyun finally talked.

 

“Then, sleep, Seungri.” 

 

Seunghyun clamped on his shoulder at the same time, and just like that, Seungri lost all of his senses.

 

*****

 

When Seungri opened his eyes again, he didn’t immediately know where he was. He’s disoriented and his vision was blurred, trying to focus on anything was absolutely nauseating. 

 

All he knew was that he’s in a moving car and the seatbelt was putting terrible pressure on his aching stomach muscles. Seungri groaned, closing his eyes as they passed under a streetlight, reaching up to touch his throbbing head.

 

“Oh, ,” he breathed, eyes pinched shut, even though the car was dark. 

 

Long, thing fingers of Seunghyun wrapped around his left wrist, and the pressure inside Seungri’s head immediately lessened, leaching out of him. Seungri let go of his head, his body slumped back to his seat with a grunt.

 

“Better?” Seunghyun asked, hand still on Seungri’s, the other one handling the steering wheel skilfully.

 

“Much,” was all that Seungri whispered, and Seunghyun’s touch from him disappeared.

 

It’s much more than just the pain being gone, it’s the calamity, the assurance that’s everything’s fine now that Seunghyun brought with him, Seungri bet, that made him dangerously wanted to be drowned in it and sleep his way till the end of their journey.

 

His attempt to sleep again was interrupted by the sudden remembrance of something, that Seungri almost jolted out of his seat, his eyes opened wide as he snapped his neck to the backseat. 

 

“He’s okay, but he needs more time to sleep.” Seunghyun stated without having the need to glance at him. 

 

Looking at Jiyong now, secured by the seatbelt in one of the passenger backseat, his chest went up and down smoothly, a sign of normal breathing, eyes shut off completely, head lolling a little following the movement of the car— Seungri figured that that’s true. 

 

Jiyong’s fine. Jiyong’s gonna fine. They both gonna be just fine, Seungri convinced himself, so he relaxed, and started watching the road instead. 

 

There’s still a part of his brain that needed some time to function normally, and him straining his neck to stare behind his shoulder was not a good idea if he wanted to keep himself from puking out the inside of his stomach. The wavy road wasn’t particularly helpful, but at least Seungri was facing forward. 

 

“Sorry, I made you passed out.” Seunghyun whispered, but in this quiet car, a whisper felt like a shout. “It’s easier to heal both of you that way... and I’m not risking you having the sight any longer.”

 

Oh, right. For a while back then, Seungri could see everything. 

 

Seunghyun echoed Jiyong’s sentiment in that matter, believing that humans should never be able to see or look into their realm, and after what Seungri been through, after what he witnessed, after what he had seen that he wished could be unseen, he had no other reaction than to exhale out in relief. 

 

Sure, Seungri used to be desperate for the sight, he used to willing to pay good money in able to see a ghost, but that’s the thing. He just wanted to see a ghost walking past him, nothing more, not a demon, not demons fighting each other, especially not a demon fighting with an angel.

 

The memory of Seunghyun cutting the legs of a demon got replayed in his mind, and he almost couldn’t stop his bile from coming up his throat just at the thought of seeing that kinda stuffs again. He’ll be damned if he see that kind of scenes in front of his eyes again.

 

Having all these thoughts, realising that he’s being the person that got more than he’s actually bargained for, Seungri couldn’t help but to think that it was actually kinda funny, how human he was now, and how he actually enjoyed being one. 

 

A pair of headlight passed on the opposite lane, and Seungri made a mistake of staring at it, upsetting his head and stomach at the same time. 

 

“Seunghyun.”

 

“I’m here,” Seunghyun replied, reassuringly, firmly, though his voice was tight.

 

“I think I’m gonna puke.”

 

Seunghyun obediently pulled the car onto the shoulder of the road. Seungri listened to the crunch of gravel under the tires as they slowed to a stop, then the warning ding as Seunghyun took off off his seatbelt, and the repeated, soft click of the hazard lights before getting out of the car.

 

With great effort, Seungri took off his seatbelt too, but before he could tried to push his door open, Seunghyun was already at the other side, pulling it from outside. 

 

Moving apparently wasn’t a thing Seungri was capable of just yet, because his knees buckled when he tried to climb out of the car, his feet skidding over wet grass and rock as he landed out. He would’ve fall onto his knees if it wasn’t for Seunghyun’s forearms keeping him secure, but he didn’t get to thank him, because the nauseating mixture he tried so hard to keep in, jumped out of his throat into the grass. 

 

It’s the combination of foul stench and smell from himself that’s making Seungri just kept on vomiting, and although he wanted so hard to push Seunghyun away and say “go away you don’t have to see this”, he’s endlessly glad that man stayed to keep him upright anyway.

 

Seungri tipped his head to the side and spat into the grass after he’s finally done. His vomit was thick and tasted mostly like blood, but he imagined the consistency of anything coming out of him right now would be at least sixty-five percent of it, if not more. 

 

“I thought you healed me.” That shouldn’t come out as aggressive, but luckily, Seunghyun seemed to understand him.

 

“Physically.” Seunghyun’s voice was so low, Seungri almost mistook it as the wind. “Nothing I can do about the trauma and mental scar it caused you.”

 

Seungri spat again. His eyes still narrowed to the point where he might as well just keep them shut. The cool misting rain felt good on his heated face, and Seungri tipped his head back, feeling the bite of gravel under his feet.

 

Seunghyun’s hands still grip his forearms, making sure he didn’t lose his balance, and Seungri wasn’t complaining about that. He took slow, careful breaths that burnt his lungs so goddamn badly, but still feel so, so good, because nothing was trying to stop him from doing it.

 

“Let’s get back in the car.” Seunghyun directed, nudging Seungri to the backseat door. Seungri threw a questionable face at him, and that man quickly added, “surely you’ll feel better if you sit beside him.”

 

Seungri muttered no objection then, just silently letting Seunghyun practically hoisted him up to the seat beside Jiyong and strapped on his seatbelt for him. 

 

The journey then continued on in complete silent, with him no longer paying attention to anything else but Jiyong. When Seunghyun pulled back into the road, their knees bumped in the middle, there’s an unfamiliar ache behind his ribs. 

 

At first, Seungri thought it’s a phantom sensation leftover from whatever it was being inside of him, but when Jiyong flinched a little in his sleep, he recognised it as their link. Cold and strung out, like elastic stretched beyond its capability, unable to regain its original shape again.

 

And that scared Seungri, more than anything else he has experienced in this past few weeks, he almost unbuckled Jiyong’s seatbelt and pulled that man into his embrace again.

 

Realistically, Seungri knew that Jiyong’s otherworldly power has to have some kind of a limit, but he’s never thought about it before now. He’s always envisioned Jiyong’s power as some unending well that he could draw from, but it’s clear, now, that that wasn’t the case. 

 

Jiyong had drained himself fighting for him, and Seungri felt horrible about it. To the absolute extent of his capabilities, Seungri barely could function now, and there’s absolutely nothing Seungri could do to fix Jiyong, except reaching for Jiyong’s hand with his own, shakily. 

 

Under his touch, Jiyong still felt icy cold. There’s no soothing warmth that Seungri had always associated with Jiyong up until now, and it almost made Seungri cry his heart out again.

 

“If guilt is what consuming you right now, I suggest you not to feel that way.” Seunghyun suddenly spoke, breaking the tomblike silent between them.

 

For being under such a mental torture, it’s surprising that Seungri’s voice came out steady. “I’m the reason he became this way.”

 

“He’s the reason you became this way.”

 

Seungri sniffled and stared at Seunghyun’s ear, a little offended at that man’s blunt remark. “You’re blaming him?"

 

“If I’m looking for someone to be blamed, I’d rather it to be myself, but I’m not.”

 

Seungri furrowed his eyebrows. “What do you mean, you blamed yourself?”

 

“It doesn’t matter. My point is, whatever supposed to happened had already happened. No point of looking into whoever’s to blame in this situation.”

 

“Are you saying it’s... fate? It was meant to be?”

 

Seunghyun shrugged. “It’s just the consequences of one’s action. It’s the consequence of Jiyong’s choice of choosing you, it’s also the consequence of you choosing him. Good or bad, you’ll just have to take it.”

 

“I am-“

 

“So stop. You gain nothing by guilt-tripping yourself. It’s Jiyong’s choice to fight that demon, he had to bear the consequence of hurting himself in the process. All we can do now is wait for him to get better. Which he will.” Their eyes met as Seunghyun shot him a glare through rear-view mirror. “I promise you,” Seunghyun added reassuringly as he broke away their gaze and put his focus back on the road. 

 

It could be that Seunghyun was manipulating the air between them, but it could be also because Seungri had no reasons to not believe an angel’s promise, that Seungri finally breathed easy. He’s still worried about Jiyong, but there’s no more heavy feeling of being at fault lingering anymore. 

 

“Rest, now, Seungri. Maybe when you wake up, he’ll be too.” 

 

Cajoling surely must be Seunghyun’s greatest weapon because Seungri found himself not debating, instead only lowering his body so that he could rest his head comfortably against the head rest.

 

From the corner of his eyes, he could see Seunghyun stealing another glance at him, but he could also be wrong since he’s at the brink of losing his focus. It wasn’t long before he was pulled into a deep slumber. 

 

*****

 

Seungri woke up again when the window he’s accidentally been resting his head against was rolled down a bit. He straightened his neck, only then realising that the car had actually stopped moving. When he’s finally blinked himself awake, he noticed Seunghyun had turned off the engine and get out of the car.

 

Seungri blinked hard a few more times when he threw his gaze out of the window, feeling like their surrounding was too bright. After the third one, he finally able to register to his head that they’re actually in a petrol station. 

 

Seunghyun outside had already disappeared into the market, probably looking for something or just paying for the gas. Seungri glanced at Jiyong, finding him still asleep, a faint snore escaped between his lips.

 

Seungri wondered if Jiyong noticed the changes around him all this time. Seungri wondered if he knew where he was now. Seungri wondered if he knew Seunghyun had been healing him, taking care of him to the point of carrying him into the car.

 

Come to think of it, Seungri himself didn’t remember how he got back into the car, but honestly, he didn’t even want to think about it, or he’d die out of embarrassment imagining how Seunghyun carried Jiyong and him like sacks of potatoes on his shoulder. 

 

Or, did Seunghyun take turn carrying them bridal style? 

 

Oof, Seungri didn’t like that idea either. He might as well had Seunghyun dragged him through the dirty floor than him actually doing that.

 

No matter how bizarre the dynamics between the three of them, Seungri’s more than delighted Seunghyun’s here, helping them, before, during and after the battle. Watching Jiyong got hurt almost made him lost his mind, he couldn’t even think what would he become if Jiyong’s hurt but Seunghyun wasn’t there to heal him.

 

Seunghyun got back to the car, distracting Seungri from his deep thought. That angel opened the tank and started pumping gas into the car, before leaning against the car, his back facing Seungri the whole time. 

 

There’s another car on their right just pulling in with windows half-opened and a sound of baby crying came from within it. A young father got out of the car hurriedly, taking out his wallet while trying to take his baby out of baby seat at the same time, probably trying calm the baby down. 

 

The man, no younger than Seungri was, looked overwhelmed as he straddled his baby at his waist, his face was red, seemingly embarrassed being the centre of public attention.

 

Out of nowhere, Seunghyun suddenly approached that man, greeting him politely and asking for that man’s permission to help. At first, Seungri thought Seunghyun was offering to pay for the man, but he was surprised to see that Seunghyun actually took the baby away from him.

 

The young father looked just as surprised as Seungri was, looking over his shoulder couple of times to see whether Seunghyun was actually trying to kidnap his baby as he plainly hesitantly walked to the market, but Seunghyun ignored him, just brazenly put that baby in his embrace, his right hand patting the baby’s back lightly a few times. 

 

That baby stopped crying almost immediately when Seunghyun started to sway his body around a little, adorably resting his little head on Seunghyun’s shoulder. Seunghyun beamed brighter, looking far more satisfied and happy than the baby in his arms.

 

Seungri, who witnessed the whole thing, in an amazed breath at the scene unfolding in front of him, but then again, maybe he shouldn’t. What was it about Seunghyun that wasn’t amazing? He’s an angel, for god’s sake.

 

Seunghyun kept on holding the baby even when the father came back, only passing it back after that man finished his pumping business. That man repeatedly bowed and expressed his gratitude towards Seunghyun before excusing himself.

 

Seunghyun too came back to the car, and Seungri didn’t know why, but he closed his eyes immediately, pretending to be asleep.

 

*****

 

They went straight to the apartment Jiyong’s rented for Seungri before they’re leaving for LA. While Jiyong’s penthouse probably had the best environment for Jiyong to heal completely, Seungri figured that this apartment would be the most safe place, or the only place they could go to avoid the eyes and the questions of others that for sure would came if he took Jiyong there in this condition. 

 

Seunghyun was staring blankly out of the window by the dining table when Seungri walked out of the bedroom. Seungri wanted to tell the angel that he’s done cleaning up and changing Jiyong’s outfit to a more comfy one, Jiyong’s now sleeping comfortably, but of course, Seunghyun already knew that.

 

Seungri considered staying quiet and waited for Seunghyun to react to his presence in the dining room, but he didn’t want to be creepy to his guest, and he also wanted to take this chance to find answers for his long-list of inquiries, so he took long strides to the kitchen, taking out two cans of beer from the fridge before taking a seat in front of Seunghyun.

 

Seunghyun kept his gaze outside, mumbling his thanks when Seungri pushed one of the cans to in front of him. Seungri nodded one time, cracking his drink open, gulping half of it in one go quickly, swallowing his nervousness along with it. 

 

Let’s start lightly, he reminded himself, and after taking in and breathing out a deep breath for yet another time, Seungri cleared his throat and asked, “liking Seoul so far?”

 

“It’s... different then the last time I was here.”

 

“You’ve been here before?”

 

Seunghyun’s fingertips fiddled with beer can, tracing a line through the water droplets on it using his index finger and then wiping it on the table.

 

“Long time ago. That’s how I met Jiyong.” Seunghyun’s eyes finally flickered back to Seungri, but only for a second, before he averted his gaze to the beer in front of him. “Jiyong didn’t tell you?”

 

Seungri pursed his lips, shaking his head a little. “He told me how, just not when or where.”

 

“Still ever the secretive Youngbae, huh?” There’s a crease at the end of Seunghyun’s eyes, and Seungri could carelessly took that as a form of him expressing his amusement, but the foreign name took him off-guard.

 

“Who?”

 

Seunghyun’s eyes had a fleeting glint of surprise before he blinked it away. “That’s just... how I used to know Jiyong.”

 

Ah. Seungri scoffed a little, trying hard not to interject his bitterness when he replied, “there’s a lot that Jiyong didn’t tell me.”

 

Of course, Seunghyun heard it nonetheless, because when he replied, he did it so reassuringly. “Jiyong has his reasons. The person before you, Hyorin, didn’t even know that who he actually is.”

 

“Hm.” Seungri raised his eyebrows a little. He threw his hand over the chair next to him as he leaned into the table, somehow finding this position he’s currently in to be more comfortable even though that meant being in a smaller distance with the angel. “I’d prefer my partner to be completely honest with me.”

 

“Jiyong came from a different place than you, a place where not even his real name can be known, where his secret must be well-guarded, or his enemy will use it against him.”

 

“It’s not you I don’t trust. If someone or something pulls it out of you, then I’m in danger. So don’t ask me.”  Jiyong’s sentence when Seungri asked him about why can’t he know his real name came back to him, making Seungri swallowed hard. 

 

“He’s not safe, not even in his own mind—“ there’s a temporary sad smile formed on Seunghyun’s lips, “—and then there’s you. You ran through his mind, he ran through yours, and pardon me, but your mind game is weaker than him- he's gotta be on edge about everything he reveal, one way or another.”

 

Seungri realised it now too, the reason why Jiyong was so secretive about his plan on saving Seungri before. It’s not that Jiyong didn’t trust him enough to include him in the planning, it’s not that Jiyong had lack of faith in him, Jiyong was actually protecting them all from the mind game of their enemy.

 

A heavy sigh escaped through his clenched teeth. 

 

For days, he felt like Jiyong’s being a on purpose towards him. For days, he kept on bugging Jiyong for getting on his nerves every time because he couldn’t handle being kept in the dark about anything. For days, he’s being difficult, unaware and oblivious to the burden Jiyong’s carrying alone this whole time. 

 

Seungri felt sourly defeated now, weirdly. Jiyong’s a good boyfriend, no matter how much he wanted to roll his eyes at that fact. 

 

“There’s tons of things he gotta shield you from. From himself, from his dark nature, from the darkness he came from, and of course, protecting both of you from the ones that wished nothing but his destruction.” Seunghyun finally opened his beer can, but didn’t outright drink it, instead only staring at the bubbles formed at the hole. “The fact that he let you know who he actually is, is a privilege itself, don’t you think?”

 

“It is.” Seungri replied quietly.

 

So much for starting lightly

 

Silence threatened to take over the air between them again, but Seungri was quick to interrupt it. “What’s with the baby?” Asked him, changing the topic.

 

Seunghyun’s eyes were back on Seungri, confusion were all over his face. “What baby?”

 

“At the petrol station earlier— we stopped for a while and you held a baby—“ Seungri knew Seunghyun could be just kind, that man could just wanted to help other people, being an angel and what not, but the smile on Seunghyun’s face when he’s holding the baby looked like he’s relieved over something, and it piqued Seungri’s interest over it. “—why? Well, because you want to help, sure, but seems like you did it for other reason.”

 

“When I touch other beings,” Seunghyun let out the answer after exhaling, “I can see most of their strongest memories. I can sense how they are generally, whether they’re essentially good or bad.” 

 

“Yeah?”

 

“The things I’ve seen when I touched that demon were...horrible.” Horrible was a term that Seunghyun used lightly in that context, Seungri felt like. The truth must be much more horrifying than Seungri could ever imagine because Seunghyun’s voice broke at the end of his sentence, yet Seungri said nothing, letting Seunghyun to explain things the way he wanted to. “And babies are the most pure beings in the world.”

 

“So, it’s like a cure for you?”

 

Seunghyun just raised his shoulder a little. “More like a cleansing.”

 

Seungri felt a little ecstatic, briefly, considering how genuinely Seunghyun was being answering his questions so far, and Seungri knew Seunghyun’s telling him the truth. Seungri trusted him. Seunghyun had no reason to lie. He couldn’t. 

 

“Were they always horrible? The people you touched? I mean—“

 

“No.” Seunghyun took down a sip of his beer after shaking his head a few times. “Often times, good. Some are even saints, but the bad always outweighs the good. They leave greater impressions.”

 

Seungri was dying to ask about himself, about what Seunghyun could conclude when he touched him, but he’s a little wary Seunghyun would’ve call him narcissistic, so he bit his lower lip.

 

Seunghyun’s a different breed, clearly, because he saw exactly through him and continued, “with you, it’s different. I touched you but I also saw you from Jiyong’s point of view and he’s biased towards you, so that might change my view too.”

 

Seungri couldn’t contain his smile that came after that. “Can I at least get a hint? Of, you know, what you think of me, essentially?”

 

Seunghyun protruded his lips a little, looking at Seungri’s up and down, almost like he’s considering how many marks he’s gonna give him. “Let’s just say that,” he whispered then, “I like you.”

 

Seungri snorted, and seconds after that, Seunghyun too laughed a little, mirroring the humour. Their eyes met before long, and instantly the laughters faded, the air between them became heavy, with Seungri being the one who looked away first.

 

“I’m so sorry, Seungri.”

 

Seungri raised his head, meeting Seunghyun’s sad eyes for yet another time. He’s baffled by that apology initially but then something crossed inside his head.

 

“For using me as a bait?”

 

“No, but I did put that thought in Jiyong’s mind and he sorta went with it.”

 

Seungri was annoyed to say the least. “I really thought that you’re gonna leave us there—I really thought Jiyong actually wanted to kill you.”

 

“Guess we sold that argument way too much, huh?” Seunghyun moved his gaze to the dangling lights above them. “But we needed that. We needed to convince that demon, that I left and would never help Jiyong. And we needed to make you two separate. So, you know...”

 

“Coulda at least tell me about it instead of leaving me blind. I thought you’re better than Jiyong,” hissed Seungri, surprising himself by his own bravery dissing an angel. 

 

Seunghyun didn’t seem offended, however, he just laughed it away. “I told you, we need to be convincing. And, hey, it worked! It was at the expense of your feelings, yes, but dear Father, did it work perfectly!”

 

Seungri rolled his eyes.

 

“I’m pretty sure that Jiyong really did want to kill me, though. I’m pretty sure he meant every word that he said,” Seunghyun smirked, but the exasperation echoing in his voice couldn’t be more obvious. “That’s actually why I’m sorry. I shoulda never brought the whole ‘other half’ stuffs up. I was hurt by Jiyong and I wanted to hurt him back and the only way to hurt him is by hurting you. I’m sorry, Seungri— it’s disgraceful, really. I wish it could be undone.”

 

“But you can’t lie.”

 

“I didn’t say I was lying. I just wish I didn’t say it at all.”

 

So it’s all true

 

“It doesn’t change anything.” Jiyong’s voice came back inside his head, and Seungri gulped down the lump forming at the back of his throat.

 

“This link between you and Jiyong—you can hear him— but you don’t need to touch him- I, just, um— how does it work, actually?” 

 

With that question now being out in the air, Seungri inhaled deep, bracing himself with Seunghyun’s reactions, which would be either Seunghyun denying him any further information because it’s actually a secret of the universe and Seunghyun couldn’t tell him, or Seunghyun could tell him, but it’ll hurt Seungri’s feelings.

 

Seungri completely missed out on the third possible answer, which was, “I don’t know” that came with a half-assed shrug, that reminded him of Jiyong so much. He furrowed his eyebrows, ready to fire his follow-up question, when Seunghyun held one his hand up and said, “but I do have a theory.”

 

“Oh, boy, do I love me some theories...”

 

Seunghyun grinned at that tease and started talking. “When Father created the universe—“

 

“Wait— who’s this father you keep mentioning about?”

 

“Uh—“ this time Seunghyun actually looked offended. “Couldn’t you guess? He’s the father of angels, the one who created you— you call him God here.”

 

“Ah.” That’s all Seungri could say, taken aback by that answer. 

 

Luckily, Seunghyun didn’t interrogate on his faith for the existence of a God, which Seungri gotta admit should’ve exist —if the Devil (in this case, Jiyong) does,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter