Chapter 5

The white Wolf

Chapter 5

.
Some time later, Baekhyun looked up when he heard a strange noise near him, then a moan coming from Jongin.
"-Hmmm… Eleven, …
" -What is that ?
"-It's an injection pen, a… syringe. He said simply. An accessory that is used to inject a substance into the body.
"-Are you still in pain?" He asked, straightening up.
Then snuggling to the right side of his back, Baekhyun's hand climbed up to his neck and he rested his cheek against his shoulder.
Putting down his syringe, Jongin then stood up to break that contact before facing him, but ended up looking down anyway.
"-I'm still in pain. He said massaging his right hip. It's a continuous pain. It is only the intensity that varies.
"-How did you get this pain? It's contagious ?
"-No that can't be caught. That’s it. And it's growing ... and if you're lucky you don't die.
"-You were lucky then ...
" -No.
Baekhyun frowned, but Jongin turned to go and dress in the bathroom and Baekhyun hugged his legs close to him, his eyes resting on the sofa and the clothes he hadn't put on the night before.
...
.
...
Then half an hour later, dressed and refreshed, Jongin felt the strength to face the questions of his "guest" again and returned to the main room.
He was then surprised to find Baekhyun sitting on the sofa, wearing the sweatpants he had given him the day before... and still his jacket, but he said nothing. At least the second half of his body was now also concealed and he was less embarrassed to look at him.
"-K’ Jongin…
"-Yes ?
"-What year are we exactly?"
"-Two thousand twenty.
"-Two thousand twenty ?
"-Yes.
He had many more questions, but they were for Kai and he wasn't sure Jongin wanted to hear them, so he decided to save them for later. However, he still wondered if he was still of royal descent. So…
"-Who is our King today?
Jongin looked wide.
"-Our King? We don't have a king. South Korea hasn't had a king for… eighteen hundred something, I don't know anymore, my classes are a long way off and I was bad at history. Then there was the period of the empire and… the invasions… Then August 15, 1945, but the troubles did not stop there… In short… since a few years even if we remain a state at war with North Korea , we are free.
It was Baekhyun's turn to make big eyes.
"-What happened to the descendants of the royal family?"
"Mmh ... if there are any left, they are discreet, I imagine, scattered all over the world ... I couldn't tell you ... but why these questions about kings? Wait ... What ... How old are you?
"-I am ... still the same age as before ...
Jongin frowned.
"… Twenty years… I guess… He said looking down at him… but… uh… eight… four… three… I've been around for… Three hundred and forty-eight years.
Jongin almost choked.
"-What the...? Three hundred and forty-eight years old?
"-Yes. He confirmed, lowering his head to his hands.
"-Wow… when you think I'll never get twenty-five… you're doing fine for a three hundred year old guy.
"-Why never twenty-five ...
"-What are you ? Jongin interrupted, intrigued, sitting down on the sofa in turn.
Baekhyun leaned his head to the side.
"-What, what am I?
"-Yes ... what are you?
"-I am a man…
"-Yes, I know that but… you're a wolf too and that…
"-Oh ... that ...
"-Yes that.
"-No I'm not a wolf, it doesn't come from me, it's an eternal curse and ... and also a lie, I realize that today ...
"-Why ?
"-Because you see me!" Humans weren't supposed to see me without that wolf fur on me. You shouldn't be able to see me with your human eyes. He said hiding his face in his hands. No human should be able to rest his eyes on my human image.
"-Why ?
"-Because ... of you ... because of us, Kai ...
"-Oh no don't come back with that!" He got on his nerves, raising his voice. I'm not three hundred years old. I'm twenty-four, I had a childhood… not that great, but a childhood all the same, in a ing ty family… a normal teenage life, then an adult life… maybe not so normal , but nothing had to do with you! Is that clear ? I want you to stop saying these things I ...
"-Alright Jongin stop! Stop! Please stop! You know what ? ... Too bad ... give me back my fur and I will disappear from your life ...
"-No ! I mean uh ... I don't have it, what are you saying?
But Baekhyun knew perfectly well that his fur was here, his wolfish sense of smell did not fool him in any way, he could even find it himself in less than a minute, but the fact that Jongin didn't want to let him go, made him good to the soul and he decided not to insist.
Pained despite everything by the rejection, lowering his head at first, he then bowed to rest his head on the armrest on his left and curled up, burying his head in the hood where the smell of his love was present and soothed him. He missed him so… To have him in front of his eyes, but so far from him, from his skin, was torture after such a long wait.
...
.
...
Then Jongin dropped back onto the sofa next to him.
He was confused.
Something deep inside him had a firm belief that Baekhyun was simply telling the truth, that he was in good faith, and himself believed what he was saying. But his rationality refused to fit in, as his subconscious felt strangely tied and drawn to him, as if he already knew him… but that… was impossible.
What did he want to talk about? Of reincarnation? No. Reincarnation only occurs in the event of death and Baekhyun had said he had been around for over three hundred years, not that he had come back from another time! In addition he had also said, to wait since long times, it is therefore, that he has been lurking around for all this time! And he had said curse… the one placed on him and the fact that he mistakenly believed himself invisible as a human. Beyond the magic of the fur that turns him into a wolf, would Baekhyun have ruined his existence? Would he have wasted his opportunity to live one life, or rather several lives, among humans as ... immortal? Shaking his head at the cinematic reference in his head he smiled. But he found the idea of ​​a Baekhyun armed with a sword very classy and finding out that he was the last.
"There can only be one…" he whispered, amused.
"-What are you saying ? Baekhyun's voice asked beside him, who had straightened up into a sitting position, he didn't know when and surprised him.
"-I… Sorry." He said as he watched his hand massage his aching knee.
"-Why ?
"-Because I shouted at you again ...
"-It does not matter, you have the right, you have them all ...
Jongin frowned at this wording, but he doesn't say anything.
"-And sorry for what I said too… I believe you.
"-That is true ? His neighbor lit up.
"-Yes. Something happened to you a long time ago… something magical, something that doesn't exist anymore in my time… and it made you believe in things that you realize are wrong… But Kai is one of them.
Baekhyun shook his head negatively.
“-Baekhyun, I'm not that Kai… All my memories are intact. I know everything I've been through is real, it can't be my memory that's delusional. I'm not like you, I know that.
Baekhyun continued to shake his head imperceptibly, his eyes lowered to his hands, to his knees.
"-Baekhyun, maybe I look like him, but I'm not the Kai you're talking about."
"-Yes you are. He breathed.
“-Baekhyun.
"-I know it's you. Baekhyun continued, raising his head in front of him.
"-Baekhyun why do you refuse to understand.
"-Because I know I'm right. He said moving closer. And I also know that you saw us last night, I felt it, I had the same memory as you.
"-What? This dream… the garden? He said, feeling himself blush to think that the other had seen his dream somewhat private. Are you interfering in my dreams?
"-It wasn't a dream, Jongin! Baekhyun said as he sat up on his knees, facing him, his face inches from his. It was one morning, at the start of our relationship… It was a memory of Kai! When you touch me your old memories wake up and you just saw what we used to be.
"-No !
"-Yes… He said against his mouth, before pressing a kiss against it, his hands on either side of Jongin's face, who did not push him away.
Because, as if carried away in a spiral, Jongin could not resist for a single second what was happening. And it was totally unconsciously that he put his hands on Baekhyun's body and slipped his right hand, under the jacket, all the way down his spine to the hollow between his shoulder blades, where he made small circles of the tip of the fingers.
Reacting immediately, Baekhyun's body then jumped in excitement and Baekhyun smiled against his mouth.
"-You see… even your hands remember my body… he said, before wrapping his arms around his neck and deepening their kiss in a more passionate exchange… to which Jongin responded without hesitation.
Realizing that it had been a long time since he had had a relationship, which included , Jongin felt his excitement soar. But when thoughts of colorful drapery and long hair brought his left hand up to the back of Baekhyun's head, on a handful of air, he froze, interrupting everything.
Breathless, Baekhyun loosened the embrace of his arms around his neck, resting his hands on his shoulders.
"-What's the matter ?
"-There is nothing. Jongin said pushing him away.
Then he got up from the sofa, a grimace of pain on his face.
"-Kai!
"-My name is Jongin… I'm going to get some water. He said, taking his two empty bottles from the kitchen table, before stepping outside.
...