Chapter 11

The white Wolf

Chapter 11


.

Their kiss dragged on, their exchange quickly turned into a very deep kiss that made them both sigh in satisfaction.

A delicious moment that made them feel good, both of them and of which they savored every second.

From now on, everything was counted, for both of them, but for Baekhyun who had waited so long for his love to return and was losing him again, every grain of the hourglass above their heads was more than precious.

His left hand burrowing into Jongin's hair, he guided the right down onto his golden skin, still bare since he had taken off his T-shirt. Caressing his skin, which shivered in its path, he slowly slid his hand down his lean chest, brushing his stomach with the backs of his fingers, before slipping it against his side and making it climb up his back and squeeze more his body against his.

"-I'm really happy that you're near me. Jongin said against his mouth. It's so good not to be alone anymore, you can't imagine.

Baekhyun smiled against his lips and Jongin tensed.

"-Sorry, it's true that I don't have anything to teach you about loneliness. You've had your fill for all these centuries.

"-It's not the same loneliness. I was a wolf. Wolves without a pack are lone wolves, it's in their nature, in their instinct. They don't have that feeling of being alone… usually I only felt my loneliness painfully when I was in human form, the rest of the time I patiently waited for you to return. But you ... in this life ... your loneliness is one of abandonment ... the abandonment of your non-existent family and that of your loved ones who left you alone when you needed them most and ...

"-How do you know that?"

"-You know, when you see it again in your dreams, I also saw it Jongin, the memories of our souls are osmosis in all directions.

"-You saw me then… sorry for being so pitiful, Kai must have been strong and proud.

"-You are not pitiful Jongin! You are strong. You fought, I saw it. Don't think you've been a coward, because you're not ! And whether you're Kai or Jongin, it doesn't matter, you've always been strong and combative and you still are.

"-At the beginning I fought without even knowing if I could win, because the doctors gave me the speech I needed to follow their protocols, but one day I realized that it was useless to fight against something that couldn't be beaten... no matter what I did my case got worse, this was gaining ground insidiously every time I got a little better I could do more ... besides my doctor told me that it was getting dangerously close to my heart and that the bone in my right leg was in poor condition, which meant that I was going to have to go through the amputation at one point or another if I didn't want to suffer martyrdom… nothing was controllable anymore and… and I gave up. It was unfair… the whole time I was fighting needlessly.

"-It wasn't unnecessarily… Jongin if you hadn't been fighting all this time, you would never have come back to me. This is where fate was to bring you ... to me.

" -To do what ? Hurt you? I'm going to leave again and you are going to suffer again… what's the point? It would have been better for you if I was already dead and never come back here.

" -No ! No Jongin don't say that please… He said, sitting up in front of him, both hands resting on his chest. You promised to come back, you couldn't let me wait indefinitely, fate couldn't allow it ... you promised me ...

"-I know ... but it's unfair to you.

"-Don't see it like that… I love you and you came back as you promised.

"-But…

"-Let's take advantage of the time we are given. He said, his eyes shining.

"-I would like so much to remember and be able to give you what you want from me.

"-I think that today you already remember more things than you suspect… A lot of your gestures towards me are those of yesteryear… in a few days your gaze on me has become… different, I feel there love in your eyes ...

"-Baekhyun…

"-Tell me you don't love me. He said with a soft smile.

" -I…

And Jongin smiles in turn.

" -I can't. It's uncontrollable, it goes through me in waves, I… I feel something strong for you and… even if my logic refuses to accept it… I know what it is… I know that… I know that I love you, Baekhyun… I know that's it.

And Baekhyun narrowed his eyes, moved.

"-And I know that I love you too… the you of yesterday, the you of today, whatever, I love you, from the depths of my heart, of my soul and nothing ever can change that.

"-Baekhyun I don't ...

"-Hm hm no negative. He said, shaking his head. Let's just take advantage of our time, okay?

Jongin nodded, eyes shining and Baekhyun hugged his body to his, his arms slipped behind his .

"-Baekhyun, I still have to tell you that ...

" -What ? He breathed, worried.

"-That I really want you, even ...

"-Oh me too'..

"... even though I feel like I'm reacting too quickly, because Kai's memories make me feel like it's not really coming from me…" He said, flushing.

"-It's normal…

"-But I probably won't be able to give you anything on that side.

Face on fire, when the shame of feeling half a man took hold of each of his cells, he lowered his head to his shoulder, eyelids closed.

"-I don't think I'm physically able to satisfy you… I'm sorry.

"-Jongin… Said Baekhyun wrapping his arms around him to make him lift his head and cup his face. Don't worry about it. There are many other ways to love and show yourself.

Proving his words with deed then, Baekhyun placed a delicate, loving kiss on his lips and Jongin smiled, thinking he was right.

.

...

.

Some time later, after a small breakfast consisting only of an infusion and an additional decoction for Jongin to soothe him like the day before, they decided to take advantage of this beautiful morning by spending it outside.

...

Walking next to each other, slowly following the path leading to the lake, smiling at each other glance, Jongin still made them stop after a few meters on the rocky path when his gaze had automatically settled on his feet.

"-But you're barefoot!"

"-Yes. Why ?

"- ! I think about it now, I'm making you walk outside like that and ...

"-I don't mind, it's been a long time since I've walked other than on my paws or my bare feet you know.

" -Yes, but…

"-Jongin, do you have any for me?

"-Uh ... no. He said lowering his head. I had no reason to bring several pairs.

"-So that's it. Don't worry about it ... Besides, I don't know if I would have been able to walk with things like that on my feet. He said looking at his big sneakers decorated with a comma.

Shaking his head, Jongin laughed and Baekhyun narrowed his eyes, heart rejoicing to hear him laugh.

"-The last time I wore kkotsins, I must have been five years old… Jongin confessed.

"-Truly ?

"-Yes ... he said taking his hand in his to resume their walk. There is always originals, or the old ones who wear them, or even the kids, but it's still a traditional shoe and people don't usually wear those kind of shoes anymore, you know.

"-Do you all wear that? He said pointing to his sneakers.

"-Oh no. The choice is vast.

"-Why ?

"-I don't know, it's like that, it's the same for everything ... It's a consumer society that's all.

-This new world seems crazy.

"-It is. Today's world is terribly ruthless and superficial at the same time, it's hard to explain.

"-And you want me to go in there on my own? I…

"-Baekhyun…

"-Do you blame me, if I tell you I want to stay here?

"-In the form of a wolf?

"-Yes… Without… without you I don't want to be human.

Eyes wet from seeing his shining with tears, Jongin stopped and stood in front of him grabbing his second hand.

"-No, I don't blame you… you have the right to live your life the way you want to. And if for you it is to stay in these mountains, this forest, in the guise of a magnificent white wolf, who am I to stop you? And it is understandable, you have been a wolf longer than a human ... and you have some wolf reflexes, like when you smell the air or the wind, or when you listen to a noise in the distance. Always on the lookout ...

"-I do that ?

"-Yes… He said with a tender smile, his rosy cheek with the back of his fingers.

"-I'm sorry for behaving like a beast.

"-Oh no. You have a hyper-developed survival instinct, it's just normal… and I really like… this fierce little side which has added to your personality, which is at the same time cultivated, vibrant and libertine… He finished with wide eyed to hear himself say that, while Baekhyun narrowed his eyes.

"-It's a thought from Kai that ... He is the only one who can describe me that way ...

"-I confirm… I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be derogatory.

"-Derogatory? Why ? It describes me perfectly, there is nothing derogatory about it. He said with a big smile. And you liked me to be like that ...

"-It's always like that.

"-Who says that ? Reminiscent of Kai or Jongin? Who says that ? He repeated, stepping closer to him, his face close to his.

"-Jongin. I am Jongin and I like to know that you are fierce, cultivated, vibrant ... and libertine at the same time ... I really wish I had the time to appreciate every facet of you as it should be.

"-Chuuuutt… Let's not think about the passing of time… He said brushing his mouth to his. Let's just enjoy each other ...

"-You're right, let's take advantage of what we have… He said wrapping his arms around him, his mouth taking possession of his offered lips, in a sigh of pleasure.

../ ..